Zlatan Ibrahimovic

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
:worthy: my man. Most Swedish players don't deserve to wear the same shirt as him to be honest, no disrespect to them. They are just lucky they were born in the same country because dear goodness this guy has carried this team on his back for the last 5 years.

Got two chances and burried both. Created 3-4 clear chances for his teammates and they missed. Ronaldo could've easily scored 6-7 times today and I'm not even exaggerating, Portugal overall were the better team. As Trillske said though Ibrahimovic, personally, was better than Ronaldo in today's game.
Swedish defence costs them the World Cup. Really not good enough to make it to a major tournament. Luckily midfield can count on Zlatan to create shit and attack can count on big Z as well.

Shit man, but it it was sooooo close after 2-1! Some of his teammates did OK, Källström and Andersson when he came on - Olson was alright even though he missed on CRs first goal.

Galning

Shit man, but it it was sooooo close after 2-1! Some of his teammates did OK, Källström and Andersson when he came on - Olson was alright even though he missed on CRs first goal.

Yeah of course. Really sad to see though that Källström is still the man who needs to lead our midfield.

pEllee

Feel sorry for him to. He will probably continue to be underrated. Sorry for you guys in general. Better luck next time!

Cheers!

Not even slightly positive about the future though. And I have to get used to the idea a national team without him. Even if he would stay on and qualify for the 2018 WC he'd be a few months away from 37 in the finals.

Oh well, France 2016 it is! I hope...

Yeah of course. Really sad to see though that Källström is still the man who needs to lead our midfield.

No, Elm will hopefully become that player. Can't believe he was subbed off even though he put in a good defensive performance.

EDIT: Nothing wrong with Källström I guess but he's not the kind of player that dominates a midfield. He's a very direct player who usually performs better when he's subbed on.

Elm is still a talent. Even though he never really seems to become the player we all know he can be.

Ekdal looks promising though! Always something.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was really let down by his defense... I think he's comfortable carrying the attack on his back, but when he has such a poor defense behind him there's just so much he can can do to help Sweden win...

I also liked he didn't celebrate his goals, he knew it was far from over and seemed really focused and determined to make things work, but yet again, the defense wasn't up to the task...

pEllee

2012 - 50 goals

2013- 37 goals (so far)

(My stats may be slightly incorrect though)

I argued that he was one of the top 3 players during 2012, but he wasn't even considered that year. He's considered to be a top 3 or top 5 player this year though. But if we look at it, he performed even better last year. Which proves that people barely even watch him, they've just seen him score loads of spectacular goals lately and finally decided to jump on the bandwagon.

10th place in the ballon d'Or last year. He'll probably beat that this year though, even though he probably did have his best individual year in 2012.

Consistency gets overlooked...

Last edited:

Trillske

It sounds funny but he is still one of the most underrated players. Especially in recent years.
Definitely.

His performance the second game is beyond world class. I think despite all the screw ups, CR was world class concidering the goals. Ibra was something else. The "assist" to Larsson was out of this world, it was a situation where the play is dead close to 100% of the time.

The only reason I dont replay those highlights is that I already feel shit that Sweden is missing Brasil, and I dont want to be reminded. And I mean what if Z had gotten his third for 3-1, it wasnt very far fethed. It would have been one of the most ridiculous things in history.

Stric

It sounds funny but he is still one of the most underrated players. Especially in recent years.

Absolutely. Not in the same sense as when you usually talk about underrated players, but in his own right. Zlatan makes football a joy to watch, which is an amazing accomplishment on its own, but on top of that, he's just been unbelievably consistent and has played top-quality football wherever he's been in the recent years. Hats off to Zlatan, he's one in a million. It almost makes me want to cry when I remember he won't be at the WC.

pEllee

Ribery, take note.

Anyway, as usual this has been misquoted in every single newspaper. The headline is usually "I don't need the Ballon d'Or to know I'm the best" and that's not even close to what he's saying.

He's not even saying he thinks he's the best, he's fully aware of the fact that he's not. He just doesn't need an award to remain confident in his own abilities. He may enter the pitch with the state of mind that he's the best, but of course he doesn't actually believe he is. There's not even a slight of arrogance in that video.

So many twisted quotes which makes him sound delusional. And he's not. Very poor journalism and I can't stand that.

--

One more goal in the group stage and he'll set a CL record for most goals in the group stages. Not too bad, not too bad. :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans