Zlatan Ibrahimovic

BBZ8800

Fair enough I guess.

Hmm, I will tell you how "Zlatan's story" looked from my point of view (he was always one of my favorite players).
In years 2002-2003, football magazines started to talk about one new emerging star from Ajax, called Ibrahimovic.
And then week by week, he started to do awesome tricks, awesome goals, but also somewhat funny tricks.
-- you know, some people just run, dribble and score
-- and some guys, like Zlatan, do the same, but in some kind of a arrogant and totally: "I am the total boss of this match"-kind of a way.

The first time when the world started to hype Zlatan a lot, was this Goal from Ajax years:

After more Goals, I was 100% sure that some big club will buy him, and eventually Juventus bought him.
People were cautious whether he will succeed there, but then Zlatan's story starts.
Every team where he came from that day (except Barca) was a huge success, he was the key main, he played very, very good for 9-10 Months, and his teams always won titles.
In Sweden's NT, he was a one-man-show in extremely average NT team.

Also, you know how some players are current hot? Like Falcao 2-3 years ago?
Well, imo, Zlatan was equally "hot", but he wasn't a one or two season's wonder.
The guy performed like Falcao virtually 10 Seasons in a row.
(Or like how Pogba is currently hyped. Well, Zlatan was hyped in that way, but he performed almost each week, again and again and again. And each new Season, again and again and again.)

Also, I see that some fans mostly "remember" Zlatan as a guy who only fights with everyone and who scores some strange kung-fu goals.
But Zlatan was considered, during his prime as the only guy who's technique is close to Messi's and Ronaldo's.
I want to say, he is not a guy who scores only bicycle goals.
He scored hundreds of Messi-esque or Henry-esque Goals.
He was always kind of a guy, when you will watch the match, he will make 2-3 extremely skilled moments and he will make fool out of his opponents which will make you laugh. So, he was always bringing some sort of "laugh and fun" into matches, like Ronaldinho.
But also, with him on the field, you will always win the title.

Also, when people create videos about him, for some strange reason, creators are obsessed with his kung-fun goals (and he really DID score a lot of those kung-fu goals). But then, in those videos, it may seem that Zlatan was a guy who only scored bunch of strange goals, and nothing more, for example his Top 10 goals:

But luckily, there are other videos where he dribbles, and you can see there why Zlatan was considered the 3rd best player in the world, behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Last edited:

namaria

even got sent off for a stupid action,
l.
the way he was sent off should be only ashamed stupid ref who was obvious tried to help Chelski. In the moment when Ibra realized he s far away from ball, he started to push his legs back to his body, with full attention to not injure Oscar. on other side Oscar deserves Oscar for his "painful acting" there.

Kohe321

"It felt like I had 11 babies around me". :lol:

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/O95tZli0Fbm[/VINE]

B_2ALYGWcAAnT46.jpg

Last edited:

Trillske

Well, im not going to argue too much. Look at his post 2010 games or dont - in the end its more of your own problem if anything.

If you do, compare it to other players than Messi, that was the point. If you want to find inconsistency and big game choking - look at CR. That really is 50/50 at best.

This random myth is so strong in some people that after the 30 min performance yesturday you suddenly ask "when was the last time he performed in a big game?!" - what? Well lets see, how about we start with the last big game he played.. I mean it was just weeks ago.

L

linetty

This random myth is so strong in some people that after the 30 min performance yesturday you suddenly ask "when was the last time he performed in a big game?!" - what? Well lets see, how about we start with the last big game he played.. I mean it was just weeks ago.
He was banter in the 1st leg as well and people were asking the same question, not only after yesterday's 30 min show...

RevoTeller

Be cursed the day when we got this useless show pony for goddamn Eto'o (a better player than this choker will ever be) + 50 mln, we would have won 2010 CL again otherwise.

cmsy27

the way he was sent off should be only ashamed stupid ref who was obvious tried to help Chelski. In the moment when Ibra realized he s far away from ball, he started to push his legs back to his body, with full attention to not injure Oscar. on other side Oscar deserves Oscar for his "painful acting" there.

Yep. Shameful referee, didn't even give Diego Costa the only red card actually deserved.

DrPepper

If you do, compare it to other players than Messi, that was the point. If you want to find inconsistency and big game choking - look at CR. That really is 50/50 at best.

I never compared him to Messi, that was what you did?

He was shit in the first leg. Also I asked when the last time was he performed in a big CL match. Which especially means knock out ties. I simply can't recall one good match from him, and that was basically my question.

Home of Barca Fans