Zinedine Zidane

Gari

Real Madrid is trying to catch at least something. But in the league, they lagged behind by 18, and in the Champions League VAR. Mourinho is more dangerous.

Morten

Why is Zidane back, exactly?
He left half a year ago for a reason, what, suddenly Perez promised him to totally rewamp the squad this summer?
I dont get it, good luck to him though, will be difficult to top his previous spell, but even if he fails i think everyone at RM still loves him.

omidferoz

Now if we could just convince Pep to get back La Liga will be epic again. But dont understand why Zidane choose to get back again, he is ruining his own leagacy at the club. Was he even that good at madrid? I know they won 3 chl back to back but that madrid team was not playing great at all. Most of the games they won with the help of ref and scored quite alot of lucky goals at last minut by ramos. I still dont know what his philosophy/tactics are, he reminds me alot of Valverde but with better man mangement.

Zidane82

Why is Zidane back, exactly?
He left half a year ago for a reason, what, suddenly Perez promised him to totally rewamp the squad this summer?
I dont get it, good luck to him though, will be difficult to top his previous spell, but even if he fails i think everyone at RM still loves him.

Why did he ever leave anyways??
What reason was given ?

CanadianCanadian

Why did he ever leave anyways??
What reason was given ?

He said he could not motivate the squad anymore. We're going to see a clearing of the old guard in the summer. Marcelo is gone 100% as is Bale. Not sure who else they would transfer. Maybe Kroos since he is not playing up to par. Zidane to be given a blank cheque this summer.

Zidane82

He said he could not motivate the squad anymore. We're going to see a clearing of the old guard in the summer. Marcelo is gone 100% as is Bale. Not sure who else they would transfer. Maybe Kroos since he is not playing up to par. Zidane to be given a blank cheque this summer.
Should be interesting.. maybe Mbappe incoming ?

Barcilliant

I hope he and Madrid are exposed this time around. I think his philosophy is getting the best out of individuals as opposed to the team as a whole.

Ronaldo went to a new level when Zidane came. He's clearly a great motivator and a big personality.

Morten

I hope he and Madrid are exposed this time around. I think his philosophy is getting the best out of individuals as opposed to the team as a whole.

Ronaldo went to a new level when Zidane came. He's clearly a great motivator and a big personality.

Ronaldo didnt go to a new level with Zidane, he was better individually under Pelegrini, Ancelotti and Mou, actually.

Thats just age catching up though,not an argument for or against Zidane.

People put way too much emphasis on trophies when judging players, those CL trophies has really blinded people to the actual quality of certain players.

mc_lovin

They will build their next Galactico side this summer. Will be interesting to see Zidane in a creator/builder role instead of him being just a motivational Guru. Educated guess: Madrid will fail spectaculary for the next 2-3 years before they start clicking again. Hopefully we will have the best midfield then... wont care too much about them getting Neymar/Mbappe etc.

Home of Barca Fans