Zinedine Zidane

barcanuck

Good promotion, they should of just done this at the start of the year. He's a real legend in the eyes of many players so it can only be beneficial.

Radec

Good promotion, they should of just done this at the start of the year. He's a real legend in the eyes of many players so it can only be beneficial.

Personally I rather that Zidane had a clean slate at the start of the season rather than clean up Perez and Rafa mess.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

It's still a gamble... Remember when Maradona was appointed as Argentina's NT coach?

Richard.H

I definitely think the Clasicos will be much more entertaining and atmospheric now. Lucho vs Zidane has the potential to be a great rivalry, much like Mou vs Pep.

utility73

This is small dilemma for me: Always been a great fan of him as footballer.
So while I would like to wish him all the best for his gig, as a Culer I obviously won't.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This is small dilemma for me: Always been a great fan of him as footballer.
So while I would like to wish him all the best for his gig, as a Culer I obviously won't.

Simple. You wish for him to do well, but not well enough to keep the job past the summer. And then he can go manage Lyon or Juve or something, and you can wish him all the best at that.

utility73

Simple. You wish for him to do well, but not well enough to keep the job past the summer. And then he can go manage Lyon or Juve or something, and you can wish him all the best at that.

Yup kind of wishing for something like that along the lines :p

Beast

The Observer
No ,last season he finished 6th of his group with 2 points from 4th place(which qualify for promotion play offs) after poor start
This year he is leaving them in 2nd place according to wikipedia (sometimes they don't update the league table quickly)
He saved them from the poor start but he was suspended for 3 month and that effected the final position
he took them second from the bottom and ended up 6th from 22 teams despite the suspension.. and this year they are 2nd .. not bad

Beast

The Observer
It's still a gamble... Remember when Maradona was appointed as Argentina's NT coach?

Maradona was thrown into the job.. Zidane was assistant to Mourinho than Ancelotti and in charge of Castilla for 1 & half season...hardly comparable for Maradona who's first proper job was Argentina.. 13 years after his failed player/Manager role

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maradona was thrown into the job.. Zidane was assistant to Mourinho than Ancelotti and in charge of Castilla for 1 & half season...hardly comparable for Maradona who's first proper job was Argentina.. 13 years after his failed player/Manager role

Not to forget how Zidane has been learning from the master itself, Pep Guardiola. :pep:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans