Yuri Zhirkov

JackSparrow

Damn!!
This was the transfer I wanted the most of them all.. I dont care that much if our forward is Eto'o or Villa.., they are both great.., but at the LB or LW Zhirkov is definitely one of the best players in the world. And he was offereing himself to us..,

now for the first time since Abramovich era... Chealsky signed a player who I like :)
congratulations! And this is the only thing I will envy Chealsky this season. hopefully:)

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Argghhh, it piss me off when something slip out of my hands. I hate it.

Then again, good luck zhirkov, and yes we'll find another you in the market. I always like lahm, but it seems he's hard to get. It's worth a shoot though. And getting filipe signature is our goal now.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
The question is, what is Txiki planning up there and how? I understand that there might be a strategy of waiting for the markets to calm down a bit, but still - at this pace... I just hope we won't end up missing all of our main objectives signing-wise. I guess a one good cup of PTC would do the trick :p

ps. I would have really wanted us to sign Zhirkov as he was offering himself to us on a golden platter covered with diamonds and rubies. The bloke has an immense talent + some supplementary skill, and I cannot but congratulate Chelsea on signing him.

Last edited:

ryuken

We spent nearly two weeks and the Fillipe deal is still at point zero, i say we drop him and focus on other.

sammy

Barca have set 48 hours deadline for depor. 14 mil asking price from depor is way too expensive. I don't know if bayern would release him, but is worth to try. He's way better than zhirkov, but maybe more expensive.

JALJM

sammy, i presume you're talking about Lahm?

Bayern are not really a selling club, so I think he'd be difficult to get. Also, I sincerely doubt he's better than Zhirkov...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's probably better defensively than Zhirkov, but attacking probably not. Lahm is a natural leftback right(despite being right footed)? He'd be a better option for you guys. But expensive.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
once again we miss out on signing pure quality, once again the player is obviously holding out for a move to barca but once again we have failed to pick up on it.
Yes felipe luis is quality but he is no where near is good as Yuri Zhirkov.

V

Valon

Lahm is crap and not better than Zhrikov. I sure hope we don't go after him if Depor don't sell us Filipe. :mad:

sammy

Lahm is crap and not better than Zhrikov. I sure hope we don't go after him if Depor don't sell us Filipe. :mad:

Lahm is crap? you must be seen him with your eyes closed :D

he's one of the best left back in the world. Have you not seen him in '06 WC and Euro '08? that guy is excellent.

JackSparrow

Lahm is crap? you must be seen him with your eyes closed :D

he's one of the best left back in the world. Have you not seen him in '06 WC and Euro '08? that guy is excellent.

Yeah.., we all saw how Torres outran him in the finals and scored the winning goal.
Lahm is just solid in my book.., I think Zhirkov is far better than him.

And remember.. our players are alll SMALL!!! I think it would be smarter to have a little bigger LB.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
LOL! Anton, how long has it been since you signed a good player? How does it feel?

sammy

Kind of. He i assume as high as 10 mil euro. He only got one good season. His price will actually get higher if he has proven for two seasons or more. In that case, 14 mil would be a cheap one.... :D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LOL! Anton, how long has it been since you signed a good player? How does it feel?
LOL I know, and we got him for under 20m pounds, I'm wrapped. I'm just praying he doesn't get some ridiculous season ending injury.

Hahaha, supposedly in 2006 after the Russian Cup final win Roman told Yuri to start learning English, and he didn't, and now he regrets it cause he's at Chelsea. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans