Your favorite Lionel Messi goal.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The solo run vs Real gives the most goosebumps but I think the one vs Getafe is the best. Maradona's goal vs England is considered the best goal ever and Messi just did the same thing.

Here are some gems all vs our rivals:

[youtube][/youtube]

at 1:10: Awesome assist by Ronnie and even better control by Messi with an incredible finish. The first touch with the right makes it special.
at 1:42: Cannavaro's painful jump against the post makes it kinda epic.
at 2:35: Another great assist. This time it is Xavi with probably one of his best assists and what makes Messi's finish special is the feint and how he just passes the ball to the near post. Very rare to see a striker drop the keeper and finish like that in such a situation.

This one is awesome too.

frog-fcb

I love the one in cl semi final u remember watching it live on tv an just thinking did that actually just happen. But for me my favourite one is his first senior goal just his way of announcing he had arrived on the scene and pulling it off barely a few minutes after having a goal ruled out for offside

F

Flavia

My favorite is his solo run vs rm in the bernaleo, CL semis.

What can be better than a home grown player humiliating rm whole team, at their home? And mou was the coach.

Just perfect.

Icarium

Lifestealer
My favorite is his solo run vs rm in the bernaleo, CL semis.

What can be better than a home grown player humiliating rm whole team, at their home? And mou was the coach.

Just perfect.

That goal was perfect in every way, he has no one helping him split RM's defense too. All alone in the opposition half. The flea for a reason.

Catalan Fan

This goal v Milan makes me smile every time I watch it.We were under pressure after the first leg and needed an early goal to get the momentum going.

Lovely quick, precise passing move, then Messi pings it into the corner, surrounded by Milan players.Superb.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Believe it or not, Messi's 2nd against Bayern is definitely in the top 5 for me. It was an amazingly aesthetically pleasing goal, that was vital and clutch as fuck, against Neuer and Boateng, two of the best at their respective positions.

My top 5:

5. Maradona goal vs Getafe 2007, really began his legend.
4. Away goal vs Zaragoza, 2009. Shows everything that's great about him, out muscling the man on the ball with defensive contribution even though dude is like twice his size and the fake inside the box is what did it for me. Great goal.
3. Home goal vs Milan, 2012. Amazing goal, Abbiati could literally do nothing but watch the ball curl inside.
2. Home goal vs Bayern, 2015. First time I've ever witnessed a murder on live television. RIP Boateng lol.
1. Away goal vs Madrid, 2011. Like Flavia said, nothing better than watching our crown jewel, bred and created at La Masia, destroying a billion dollar team. Ronaldo's reaction to that goal is priceless too lol.

He has so many highlight reel goals though, it really is just a matter of preference. His FK against Atletico in 2013 was amazing too.

StarLord

Believe it or not, Messi's 2nd against Bayern is definitely in the top 5 for me. It was an amazingly aesthetically pleasing goal, that was vital and clutch as fuck, against Neuer and Boateng, two of the best at their respective positions.

My top 5:

5. Maradona goal vs Getafe 2007, really began his legend.
4. Away goal vs Zaragoza, 2009. Shows everything that's great about him, out muscling the man on the ball with defensive contribution even though dude is like twice his size and the fake inside the box is what did it for me. Great goal.
3. Home goal vs Milan, 2012. Amazing goal, Abbiati could literally do nothing but watch the ball curl inside.
2. Home goal vs Bayern, 2015. First time I've ever witnessed a murder on live television. RIP Boateng lol.
1. Away goal vs Madrid, 2011. Like Flavia said, nothing better than watching our crown jewel, bred and created at La Masia, destroying a billion dollar team. Ronaldo's reaction to that goal is priceless too lol.

He has so many highlight reel goals though, it really is just a matter of preference. His FK against Atletico in 2013 was amazing too.

Very good list, nigh excellent in fact. But I would also add that absurd long-range curler against Getafe. If somebody told me that NASA satellites guided that ball into the net, then I wouldn't be at all surprised. His second goal vs Espanyol this season was also outrageous. The way he skipped past the defender and then finished with his right foot was just yet another example of football that can only be produced by Lionel Messi:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Is any one else going through this thread and nodding along with every post. How is this guy so damn good!!! :messi: :worthy:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This goal has its own perfection about it in my eyes:

He and Alves were just dancing through a defense with so much finesse. Another one I love is this magical run versus Getafe:

In 1 move he destroys 3 defenders and is past them before they can even really react.

King Leo

Banned
Messi scored and will continue to score many beautiful goals but I think we should set a category for beautiful goals during big matches. Here you will exclude the Getafe goal. Goal against RM in CL semi, the one that started the great comeback vs Milan. Add the one against Boateng and today's for sure.

Home of Barca Fans