Your choices for valverde replacement

George_Costanza

I am sure, you know that Pochettino was a Espanol player and just recently, by the time his team was facing Liverpool in the finals of the CL, he stated in front of the cameras and microphones... "One thing I know for sure, I will never coach FC Barcelona." That says everything.

Gallardo has played from 1999 till 2003 for Monaco and 1 more year for PSG. Since then, the football has changed a lot. His coaching career consist two teams - Nacional Montevideo and River Plate, both in South America.

Arsen Wenger ! OK. He is a better coach than EV and that is for sure. In 1988, he won the French championship with Monaco and Coupe de France in 1991.
Then, he took over Arsenal for in 1996 ( for 22 years )

1998 - Championship and FA Cup
2002 - Championship and FA Cup
2003 - FA Cup
2006 - CL final, where his team was defeated from Barcelona.

That final game was followed with eight years of NO TROPHY

2014 - FA Cup
2015 - FA Cup
2017 - FA Cup.

From 2002 till 2018, Wenger has not won even one Premiere League title and that forced his resignation in 2018. Arsen is a good coach, but he is already 70 y.o. Ten years ago, I wouldn't even think about and would have hire him immediately. But, the Frenchman has a lots of health issues as of lately and will be very big risk if hired as Barcelona manager.

Quique Setien! What has he won as a manager, that you are mentioning his name?

Julian Nagelsmann. Yes his RB Leipzig is playing well in the CL, but as a coach, he has not won anything in Germany. And do you think Suarez, Messi, Busquets, Alba and Pique will welcome a coach, who is their age ?

Barcelona need to hire mid age coach with some significant achievements in European top leagues or in the European Tournaments. We don't need a coach, just to replace EV. We need a coach/ manager, who can have card-blanche for 2-3 years to rebuild this team and then start collecting trophies. Barcelona is not Selta Vigo or Levante. Barcelona has always one major goal to achieve - THAT TROPHY FROM MY AVATAR. NOTHING LESS.

I think I have covered all your points and you are just repeating what you said earlier.

1. I said with the right offer, Pochettino can change his mind. He was earning between 6-7m at Spurs. Valverde is reported to be earning 23m + bonuses. I don't think he will refuse that much upgrade even if he said he won't coach Barca before. Clear?!

2. Gallardo. well, he won the prestigious Copa Libertadores twice and reached another final all that in only 5 years. Also, who would have thought a coach like Simeone would dominate in Europe with no experience before? How about Poch? Sampaoli? Bielsa? the legend Helenio Herera himself! So saying he has no experience in Europe doesn't necessarily mean its a recipe for failure.

3. Arsene Wenger won it when football was purer and it wasn't all about money like now. If he spends money like Pep, Mourinho, SAF, Klopp, Ancelotti, etc. I have no doubt he would have won more. If a below-average manager like EV won the double, imagine what Wenger can win. Also, do you think EV would have done better in similar circumstances? I don't think Arsenal would consider him as a candidate, let alone win anything with them. So your BBZ stats isn't winning any argument here.

4. What did Valverde and Lucho win before getting the Barca job to discredit Quique Setien? As far as Barca DNA, Setien Setien is a disciple of Johan Cruyff while EV and Lucho the antithesis of Cruyff's football.

Like I said, your discrediting so many talanted managers just to say Valverde is the right guy for us. Pathatic!

LABarcaFan

These coaching records are not very good indicators to decide whether the manager will be succesful future Barca coach, Lucho didn't have impressive track record as well, but was succesful. It's more about being a right fit for us. Valverde definitly is not right fit for us, I think Koeman can be if he plays similarly to his Netherland's NT. It's true that NT success doesn't always translate into success with the club, we saw what happened to Lopetegu and RM, but that's why I said, if he is willing to change this team a bit, move away from those veteran players, integrate the youth, play faster more entertaining football then he can't do worse than Valverde.

It's hard to say if Barto or board are dictating who to play, Valverde is benching Busquets more often now, so that indicates that he can actually bench other veteran players as well, but he doesn't really want to. The thing is the new manager needs to say from the beginning, that he won't rely on certain players or some players will play less from now on, like it was with Deco and Ronaldinho when Pep took over or with Xavi when Lucho became a manager.

So according to your post, the board does not dictate, hah? Its hard to say, yes, but the entire Barca World were hopping that this summer we can finally have a new central forward, to replace Suarez and what happened? The board brought in Griezmann, who does not play as # 9. They new that from the beginning and still pad 120 million to get him. And I can go on and on about many other players.

About Koeman, anyone from this forum, who lives in Barcelona has heard on the TV that Koeman was in town several times, without any agreement in pocket. To me, Ronald does not like the current core of the team. As a club manager he has always worked with lots of young talents in his team. As a national coach, he has the best of them to work with. You take out our useless veterans, besides Messi and bring in several better quality players, then Koeman may consider the job. He probably is a better coach than Valverde and obviously, smarter than him. He will take the offer when the roster looks a lot different.

LABarcaFan

I really find it difficult to believe we will win anything this season. Messi will not be able to keep his consistency for all the matches, which means we lose the only cheat code we have.
After a performance like this clasico, it is hard to believe we can win the league. Copa del Rey, is not really important on it's own. CL, is out of the question if we don't play much much better. And why would we play better? We haven't improved since 2017, why start now?

OK, but Real and Atletico are not any better. This competition will go to the very last game in La Liga, same as between Liverpool and City, last season.

LABarcaFan

I think I have covered all your points and you are just repeating what you said earlier.

1. I said with the right offer, Pochettino can change his mind. He was earning between 6-7m at Spurs. Valverde is reported to be earning 23m + bonuses. I don't think he will refuse that much upgrade even if he said he won't coach Barca before. Clear?!

2. Gallardo. well, he won the prestigious Copa Libertadores twice and reached another final all that in only 5 years. Also, who would have thought a coach like Simeone would dominate in Europe with no experience before? How about Poch? Sampaoli? Bielsa? the legend Helenio Herera himself! So saying he has no experience in Europe doesn't necessarily mean its a recipe for failure.

3. Arsene Wenger won it when football was purer and it wasn't all about money like now. If he spends money like Pep, Mourinho, SAF, Klopp, Ancelotti, etc. I have no doubt he would have won more. If a below-average manager like EV won the double, imagine what Wenger can win. Also, do you think EV would have done better in similar circumstances? I don't think Arsenal would consider him as a candidate, let alone win anything with them. So your BBZ stats isn't winning any argument here.

4. What did Valverde and Lucho win before getting the Barca job to discredit Quique Setien? As far as Barca DNA, Setien Setien is a disciple of Johan Cruyff while EV and Lucho the antithesis of Cruyff's football.

Like I said, your discrediting so many talanted managers just to say Valverde is the right guy for us. Pathatic!

George ... George ! Che fache? You are ignoring anything I say, so there is no need to continue this conversation. You don't want to understand and accept my points. I have never sad that Valverde is the right guy for us. Don't put words in my mouth. I just sad lets live him alone to do his job till the end of the season. That is all. Comprende?

George_Costanza

I just sad lets live him alone
You are another Valverde hater

is this you?

Capturewefeq-F.jpg

kattanib

I see. You are another Valverde hater, who thinks that just anyone can be a better choice than him. Good luck with Emery and Blanc.

Anyone who:
1. Has self respect
2. Can earn the teams respect
3. Respects the club heritage and style
4. Passionate
5. Tactically smart
6. Has strong presence
7. Strict and direct

JohnN

I have already said this but let's go again.
For me, it is not even a matter of EV's abilities, which I don't rate that much, since I've since him a long time before he took over Barca.
It is about the broken mentality of the team. They might like him and feel cosy and warm knowing the man for 3 years and he is a cool person but the players will crumble under pressure due to the ptsd of past failures. So it is understandable that we need a new coach to get past those failures. This should have happened at the end of last season. At this point I am not sure what the right direction is.

ryuken

This team is rotten to it's core so changing a coach might not change anything at all, our players dont seem to give any single fuk anymore. We need to change everything from the top and that wont come till 2021 thanks to all the genius voters that voted for Bartomeu.

LABarcaFan

At this point I am not sure what the right direction is.

I can tell you what the right direction is.

1. The entire board has to be replaced ASAP. That is # 1 priority.
2. We need to get rid of E.Abidal, P. Cluyvert and Bartomeu and replace them with real professionals.
3. We need to get rid of all 30+ y.o. players, besides Messi. Because, no matter who do you put as EV replacement, he will face the same exactly problems.
4. We need to find the right coach to start rebuilding this team and start selecting the new players he needs. For that, he will need 100% support from the board and the president.
5. We need to start integrating to the first formation more talented players from Barca "B". La Masia is producing them, but our board don't need youngsters. They need big names
like Neymar and Griezmann to make tons of money. And guess what. We are selling our own products for cheap to all other teams in La Liga. That is absurd and has to stop.

That is the right direction for us. You all have to understand that even with a new coach, we are going to be the same shits as we are now. The era of our great veteran players came to an end. We can't expect anything more from them. They are tired, aged and they looks like well squeezed lemon. There is no juice left. Plus, there is no motivation for them anymore. They have won absolutely everything, starting from La Liga, Europe and World Club Championship. That is why, we need to let them go and start looking for real talents, mainly from Spain, Holland and Germany.

Richard.H

We need a 2008 sort of revolution to this club with everyone leaving except for Messi, Ter Stegen, and a couple others. If titles have to be sacrificed then so be it. RM has a much bigger head start in rebuilding than we do. The problem is there's no chance of any change happening until 2021

LABarcaFan

M, Gallardo is denying the reports in the media that he is going to replace EV in the summer.

Depending on how Man. City will do in the CL, their coach Pep Guardiola can get axed after the season. There were rumors going on lately that the board wants to bring him back to Barcelona.
Yesterday, Pep dismissed that option and has hinted that he has been invited to take over PSG. So he is the second big name, who does not want to become Barcelona's manager. I am sure, as the time goes on, there will be other coaches, mentioned here that will deny that possibility.

Unfortunately, we can not start any rebuilding process before 2021 and that is IF we have brand new board of directors and brand new people in the front office.

Andrew M

We need a 2008 sort of revolution to this club with everyone leaving except for Messi, Ter Stegen, and a couple others. If titles have to be sacrificed then so be it. RM has a much bigger head start in rebuilding than we do. The problem is there's no chance of any change happening until 2021

If only we had the future greatest player in history waiting to be unleashed.

Home of Barca Fans