Yerry Mina

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The biggest risk is probably him taking up the last non-EU stop and hence putting a stop on other potential targets such as Arthur.

Devils

Not to forget we now can tap into the potential of that Colombian market too :bartomeu:

That's not the only thing we will be able to 'tap' into.

Hot-Colombia-World-Cup-Fans.jpg

:bartomeu::bartomeu::bartomeu:

El Flaco

[tw]951312117000540160[/tw]

[tw]951235798619258880[/tw]

Says Yerry Mina will arrive at BCN during 14:00 CET.

[tw]951316869192982529[/tw]

xXKonan

[tw]951285827757363201[/tw]

Here's his boarding pass.

Jair Mina is his uncle/agent who's traveling with him.

Meatball

Just watched some of his YT highlights. Very good in the air indeed. And not quite slow as some says. Maybe it's his tall stature that makes him look that way. Alba running at 20mph d look a lot faster than him running at the same speed. Let's wait and see.

henias

Just watched some of his YT highlights. Very good in the air indeed. And not quite slow as some says. Maybe it's his tall stature that makes him look that way. Alba running at 20mph d look a lot faster than him running at the same speed. Let's wait and see.

He's fast no doubt but clearly not agile and tricky agile attackers can easily throw him off. But he will be good use for a counter, drive the ball forward. He will be good as a sweeper at the back, and Umtiti should be the one pressuring should the need arises. Still much better than Pique though.

Raketa10

He's fast no doubt but clearly not agile and tricky agile attackers can easily throw him off. But he will be good use for a counter, drive the ball forward. He will be good as a sweeper at the back, and Umtiti should be the one pressuring should the need arises. Still much better than Pique though.

Comparing Mina to Pique in this moment is ridiculous. When Pique takes the game seriously he is still one of the best CB’s in the world while Mina is a young player who still has a lot to learn.

Pique qualities were never questionable, his problem is his attitude in some smaller games, he always delivers in big ones. In the end 99% of us actually never watched Mina so conclusions like this one are really unnecessary and out of place.

Last edited:

mesiesta

I am a little bit pessimistic about this transfer, but who knows, maybe he will be good for us. We should understand that for now he is coming for the 3rd or 4th CB role(considering beast form that Verminator is showing now). I would prefer someone like Inigo Martinez in that role for now. I feel we will end up with loaning him out.

Total-Football

:pique: that escalated quickly..

Meatball

I have a thing for tall CBs. At least this way I don't have a heart attack when a corner kick is taken in our half.

Messi983

The worst that can happen is we sell him for 50-60mil in a year or so.

Lol, that's actually the second best thing that could happen. The best would be if he would take Pique's spot and establish himself as a starter alongside Umtiti for the next 6-8 years.

The worst that could happen is he'll totally fail and we'll have to loan him out for 3 or 4 years. But don't expect this to happen. Even if he won't fit here I think he would still be interesting for other European clubs and we could sell him and at least recuperate money we paid for him.

khaled_a_d

Understand the hesitation some of you have about Mina, but I think that is the point of getting him in January
We have 3 established CB right now, if Vermaelen stay healthy (hopefully) Mina won't have time against tougher teams but the club -and to less extent fans- will have the time to assess him and assess the CB situation afterwards.
If he proved to be magnificent signing we could stay put next summer, monitor the likes of De ligt along our own Cuenca until Vermaelen contract expires, if he shows weakness we could be into the market for a new CB.
Although, if it is the later and Vermaelen go back to his former self we could be in trouble

Home of Barca Fans