Yerry Mina

Selling is a bit early.

Loan him out and see what happens. Barca has plenty of trash worse than him and yet given chances after chances.

Raki13

From what i watched of him , thought he looked to be a good signing . Tonight he was shocking , no pace awful positioning and turns like a tanker.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Marlon was 10x better than this guy and we disposed of him for no reason. This club never has a clue about how to treat the players that are worthy of being here and getting chances, only showering love, money, and playing time to the frauds who don't deserve it at all. Goes way beyond Mina/Marlon.

Devils

I'm not going to defend his performance.

But I am a firm believer that the defensive issues we witnessed out on the pitch today are far more due to coaching issues than individual players.

Our defense was ripped apart exactly like it was today in Sevilla and Rome and those games didn't feature Mina.

Laplacian

I'm not going to defend his performance.

But I am a firm believer that the defensive issues we witnessed out on the pitch today are far more due to coaching issues than individual players.

Our defense was ripped apart exactly like it was today in Sevilla and Rome and those games didn't feature Mina.

Exactly, Mina was disastrous but part of his positioning mistakes were due to covering Alba's flank, which he left open for the majority of the match. The overall defensive structure was shambolic today. Alba and the midfield are lucky the new Mina is in town to take complete blame, because honestly they were a huge part of the problem today.

Felipetonelo

The best defender playing in Brazil in the last 2 or 3 seasons is Geromel (who will be in Brazil WC squad), I don't know who created this lie about Mina being the best defender. I've watched several games of him before coming and he was never Barca quality, not even close. There's just 2 things about him: good in the air and he's strong. That's it.

He played for Palmeiras when they were performing really good as a team and other players were masking his poor defensive contribution. A lot of times he was exposed because of lack of speed and positioning.

A lot of people here in Brazil were suspicious about him going to Barca, but Mina scored some late goals and it was enough to delude Barca. You just can't trust a defender because of offensive contributions.

And this is the reason why I don't believe in Arthur or anybody else from Brazil

Except that Mina wasn't considered great even for brazilian league standards, so it was just a straight up bad sign by our board.

I regularly watch Arthur play and I'm confident to say that he is world class. Plus, he is a player that has Barcelona style, I'm sure he will perfectly suit our team.

Raketa10

Except that Mina wasn't considered great even for brazilian league standards, so it was just a straight up bad sign by our board.

I regularly watch Arthur play and I'm confident to say that he is world class. Plus, he is a player that has Barcelona style, I'm sure he will perfectly suit our team.

FFS he was voted as the best CB in Brazil in 16/17 season! I agree though that Artur looks better but this is a clear evidence how bad Brazilian league actually is.

serghei

Positioning - bad
On the ball - decent
Tackling - good
Speed - mediocre
Strenght - great

Can be a good back-up CB. No more.

FFS he was voted as the best CB in Brazil in 16/17 season! I agree though that Artur looks better but this is a clear evidence how bad Brazilian league actually is.

Mina/Geromel were considered the best in 2016, but that was voted by Globo journalists. I prefer the 'Bola de prata" prize, which considers overall scores of the whole season, and Mina wasnt even top 5 CBs in 2016 considering that prize.

Geromel is by far the best CB in Brazil for the last 2 or 3 years. Well, not anymore because Dedé just came back and is playing like a beast on Cruzeiro (seems like he just recovered his best form from his Vasco da Gama days). Its a shame that he just came back from a long injury because I think he deserves to be on Brazil NT squad for WC. He is at least on the same level of Thiago Silva in his prime.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Positioning - bad
On the ball - decent
Tackling - good
Speed - mediocre
Strenght - great

Can be a good back-up CB. No more.

His positioning and attention span is woeful, not just bad. He got caught sleeping constantly and didn't have the determination/motor to recover.

He seems like a lackadaisical carefree guy and it shows on the pitch. More concerned with his dances, goals, and samba than keeping his head down and being a hardworking learner. Marlon was FAR more humble and levelheaded, and his performances were lightyears superior to anything Mina has shown.

The Brazilian fan in this thread reiterated what I've seen many times. He was hyped up to no end for being tall/good in the air and scoring goals. Maybe a couple of flashy passes and suddenly "he's the next Boateng" lol. He was never what we needed, Davinson Sanchez and De Ligt are and were much more legitimate prospects.

I said before that this guy is not worth a non-EU spot in this squad. That we should've kept Marlon over buying him, and if we were intent on getting rid of Marlon then get De Ligt instead and bring Arthur in the summer without EU restrictions. As has happened countless times in the past 6 years, the board made the wrong call and it's showing.

serghei

His positioning and attention span is woeful, not just bad. He got caught sleeping constantly and didn't have the determination/motor to recover.

He seems like a lackadaisical carefree guy and it shows on the pitch. More concerned with his dances, goals, and samba than keeping his head down and being a hardworking learner. Marlon was FAR more humble and levelheaded, and his performances were lightyears superior to anything Mina has shown.

The Brazilian fan in this thread reiterated what I've seen many times. He was hyped up to no end for being tall/good in the air and scoring goals. Maybe a couple of flashy passes and suddenly "he's the next Boateng" lol. He was never what we needed, Davinson Sanchez and De Ligt are and were much more legitimate prospects.

I said before that this guy is not worth a non-EU spot in this squad. That we should've kept Marlon over buying him, and if we were intent on getting rid of Marlon then get De Ligt instead and bring Arthur in the summer without EU restrictions. As has happened countless times in the past 6 years, the board made the wrong call and it's showing.

Could be. Arthur should be brought in the summer for sure, and the more I see Coutinho, the more I think we should play with Coutinho - Messi - Griezmann front three. Alena - Busi - Arthur behind them.

Need fresh legs in that midfield ASAP.

JamDav1982

Mina was shit but to have him in a defence with Alba and Semdo chasing anything that moves he is only going to look worse.

Not one of the back four seemed to know how to keep shape or slow down a counter.

Saladin

At least he only cost us 12 mil euros IIRC

love his spirit and positive energy but he needs to stomp the learning curve in fifth gear over the summer, if he is to be anywhere near good enough for the squad in the coming season.

Home of Barca Fans