Yaya Toure

il pepe

we're getting in trouble with this guy. Today you can read on Sport and ED, that Yaya doesn't feel himself appreciated by Barca in terms of financial payment. The contract offered seems to be wya off the demands of Yaya.

I don't like this situation. I think we can't go without Yaya, but if he just asks to much, then that isn't good either...

TheMessiShow

We should do anything within our power to keep Yaya. He is definitely a key part of the squad and can't be replaced cheaply. Just think about it. Bring in a new world class defensive midfielder to cost at least 30 million plus wages + signing bonus etc, or to invest money into a player who is already proven at Barcelona. Maybe 7-10 million a season? we should offer him a bonus if he can convince kolo to join us :D
Kolo is Barcelona material. Real Madrid has kaka and his brother, and we will have the Toure duo :) Perfectly fine with that

I really don't know what is it that's making our best African players so unsettled at Barca. He has been a tremendous success for us, both on the field and from a financial viewpoint; so IMO he should be compensated accordingly. The only that could replace would be Daniel De Rossi, but he's a fierce Romanista at heart and would not want to leave.

V

Valon

While I agree that he must have a pay-rise but if he's coming out with very high demands than maybe it's time for him to leave as much as I hate to say that. Some player agents are cunts.

I

Iniesta 'AI8'

YAYA TOURE IN MY HEART, all the bullshit that he is leaving I don´t believe it for a second, his agent said that barca don´t gives him the respect he deserve and they don´t say for example: ''toure is one of the best midfielders in the world'', I think toure deserve that kind of recognition and I really really want toure to stay with us for years I pray for him to stay and that barca gives him what he deserves. VISCA EL BARCA

utility73

If they let Yaya go it would be one of the most stupid decisions of this management.
First the stupid talks about signing Ibra, Cesc and other overpriced Divas and now the get all greedy when they could get a proven and highly important player to stay for way less money.

Let's hope it's just more rumours and not the management going completely bonkers!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
While I agree that he must have a pay-rise but if he's coming out with very high demands than maybe it's time for him to leave as much as I hate to say that. Some player agents are cunts.

Problem is, he's been the lowest paid player on the squad...And considering his value to the club, getting a salary commensurate with that seems not only logical but necessary...Basically, they've had bargain basement pricing for the player for 2 seasons now (One of which was a historic treble).

I say, pay the man

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Problem is, he's been the lowest paid player on the squad...And considering his value to the club, getting a salary commensurate with that seems not only logical but necessary...Basically, they've had bargain basement pricing for the player for 2 seasons now (One of which was a historic treble).

I say, pay the man

we can't afford to think like that, though.

if we bow down to one player's excessive demands but then turn down another, we'll create a rift in the squad. and if we give in to every demand we'll become financially unsound.

we have to simply stick to our guns and not be bullied by players agents.

yaya's agent, unfortunately, is a supreme bully.

beef-supreme

we can't afford to think like that, though.

if we bow down to one player's excessive demands but then turn down another, we'll create a rift in the squad. and if we give in to every demand we'll become financially unsound.

we have to simply stick to our guns and not be bullied by players agents.

yaya's agent, unfortunately, is a supreme bully.

Yes you're right there. Naturally Yaya deserves and needs to be given a pay rise. Up to as high as doubling his current salary. But there is no way that we can afford (on moral, practical and financial levels) to give in to excessive demands. :thumbdown:

B

beautifulgame

We could have this discussion if his demands WERE excessive but they are NOT! 4.5 million a year is reasonable. He's had two, two amazing seasons in a row. Henry earns 7.5, Yaya deserves at least 4.

beef-supreme

We could have this discussion if his demands WERE excessive but they are NOT! 4.5 million a year is reasonable. He's had two, two amazing seasons in a row. Henry earns 7.5, Yaya deserves at least 4.

Isn't it that he was demanding to be paid the same as Xavi etc.?
I agree with you that 4.5 is not excessive.

B

beautifulgame

I apologize for calling you an idiot Meta. :console: I'm sorry, just got a little excited with the debate.

nebeer

Love is All
I think sorting out the Yaya situation should be a priority for us. Though we can have Masherano in our squad but I still want Yaya to stay with us. And I think 4.5 is very okay for Yaya. Even if we have to pay him 5 mil a year, I say keep him.

Rivaldo

:toure:deserves more than 4.5, he deserves 6! Not only is he the rock of our midfield, he held our defence together along with Pique.

Home of Barca Fans