Yaya Toure

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Busquets offers something different. We need both of them, end of, this talk of replacing Yaya with fucking Mascherano is ridiculous. That shit with his agent mouthing off has boiled over, hasn't it? He said he was committed to staying, i believe, what's he got to gain from leaving.

Also i support Estel's sig... he's had trouble settling in but he's in the top 5 coolest bastards to play for us :D

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Busquets offers something different. We need both of them, end of, this talk of replacing Yaya with fucking Mascherano is ridiculous. That shit with his agent mouthing off has boiled over, hasn't it? He said he was committed to staying, i believe, what's he got to gain from leaving.

no questions the agent has caused all this.

we need them both. I mean aside from the fact you should have backup at every position, yaya offers a different style to busquets which is very useful in certain types of game.

and I don't think yaya would mind staying even if he wasn't guaranteed first choice. he strikes me as a decent pro and a fucking warrior if needs be.

but his agent is an utter utter douchebag.

which is the long and short of it.

if he goes, we MUST replace him. no doubts whatsoever.

we should buy djila from real. :D

barca96

moussa has potential to be better in 3-4 years time.

actually hamzah, i have never even seen moussa sissokho play,
but i just know that yaya is a better player.
i have never seen such a good dm in my 15 years of watching football..
keane, gattuso and viera are too tough for me..
essien and makalele don't have the skills like yaya..
so for me yaya is one of the best ever..

fareast

Yup I agree,
I never seen a better Barca DM other than Yaya Toure since 1999, not even Edmilson or young Marquez

Sepuldinho

+1

zanela

For the record, i don't want Yaya to ever leave us. I love the Ivorian. But the fact is he isn't rated much by Pep, yes he played him a lot towards the end of last season but it was more due to lack of options (Marquez's injury, Busi's debut season, Cáceres) Let's not forget, when Pep took over he didn't start with the estd Yaya but rather went with the promoted Bus and then wanted him replaced with the Argentine last summer and when that didn't work out decided to extend yaya's contract (only by a year) which means he'll only 've 2 years left on his contract come the end of this season. This season hasn't been a lot diff except he hasn't started/appear on the big occasions, most notably the 2 El Clásicos, FIFA club wc final, Cl Qf's etc, pep even chose to go with Márquez in defense in the second leg when we were all expecting a more safer option in Yaya. I doubt he'll play the semis either. Now as a culé i want the best for Barca and so far Pep's decisions have paid off and i ain't complaining. I'm just looking at it from the player's perspective. His agent aside, Yaya has also expressed his discontent/displeasure at the lack of playing time both last season and this.
The thing is when a player is still young, talented, accomplished and rated one of the best in his position, he'd want to play as much as possible esp; when he knows he can feature more regularly at a top club elsewhere and still win things. A footballer's life on the pitch is pretty short and when he is quality he'd wanna make the most of it and it's only fair. As a football fan, i wanna watch a player of Yaya's quality play regularly. I'd hate to see a talent like him wasted on the bench, esp when he is in his prime. Pep clearly sees Busi as our first choice and i'm with him. But when he could be utilising Yaya's experience for atleast a couple more years he has entrusted Busi with the job at all times. Next year Bus 'll be a mainstay in the team(not that he isn't already), all this leaves Yaya in a not so favourable position & I'm sure he knows it. For this & all the reasons above, i'm expecting Yaya to move away this summer. Tbh, i think it would be the best for both the club and the player. While the latter 'll be happy to don his role regularly at a top club along with a new challenge. Our club can invest in a back-up DM, preferably in his early 30s, experienced while offering something diff has no qualms with the bench role. He could give us a good 2 years service. By the end of it we'll ve Oriel Romeu break in to the first team. :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'll be gutted if Yaya is sold which I increasingly believe is a likelihood based on Pep's rotations this season...I think he is phenomenal and while he doesn't have some of Busquets silky touch, I think as an overall DM, there's no comparison between the two.

There remains no DM on the planet, regardless of pricetag, that I'd take over Yaya

zanela

I'll be gutted if Yaya is sold which I increasingly believe is a likelihood based on Pep's rotations this season...I think he is phenomenal and while he doesn't have some of Busquets silky touch, I think as an overall DM, there's no comparison between the two.

There remains no DM on the planet, regardless of pricetag, that I'd take over Yaya

Me too. But i've accepted it. So i won't be very disheartened and sad when he leaves... :sad:

Home of Barca Fans