Yaya Toure

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm not familiar with the politicolinguistic intricacies of the region, it just surprised me that he'd learn russian rather than Ukranian whilst playing for a Ukranian club (Shaktar Donetsk)

adil_909

quite a thankless lot we have on here.

busquets isn't even a quarter of the player that toure is, and doesn't add even an 1/8th to the team compared to what toure brings when he's fit and happy and playing well. busquets is a glorified thiaggo motta because is from our youth academy. might he get better with time? of course he will. but to simply phase out one of the best defensive midfielders in the world BY FAR, to simply get rid of a player that fits in PERFECTLY into the starting XI and allows our tiny players like xavi, inietsa, messi, bojan, pedro, etc to destroy teams, to do that simply in the hopes that busquets will step up is nothing short of idiotic.

i'm all for youth players, but there has to be a limit. toure is essential to barca and we're treating him like crap. if we let him go, the same thing will happen to us that happened to madrid after they sold makalele. pep is making a big mistake with toure if he does actually plan to let him leave. he needs to play vs. kiev and against espanyol, thats a bare minimum.

If he's not cut out for the big games how come he's excelled in about half a dozen of them during his short career?

and what about the big games that he's utterly failed at during his short career? how many times has toure gotten sent off for stupid handballs when the team has needed him? and speaking of toure, what big games has he not performed in?? i'm not talking about useless Xeres-esque games when over half the team isn't playing and everyone is playing like crap and he's just coming back from injury. I'm taking about real big games. he was one of the biggest reasons behind our successes last season, and he has a long future with us ahead as well. There's simply no reason for him to be systematically removed from our squad - unless of course people want to admit that him being African and non-catalan plays a part...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
and what about the big games that he's utterly failed at during his short career? how many times has toure gotten sent off for stupid handballs when the team has needed him? and speaking of toure, what big games has he not performed in?? i'm not talking about useless Xeres-esque games when over half the team isn't playing and everyone is playing like crap and he's just coming back from injury. I'm taking about real big games. he was one of the biggest reasons behind our successes last season, and he has a long future with us ahead as well. There's simply no reason for him to be systematically removed from our squad - unless of course people want to admit that him being African and non-catalan plays a part...

How many big games has Sergio utterly failed in? None. He was playing well against madrid before he got sent off for admittedly a stupid offence. To answer your second question, Touré's only been sent off for stupid handballs one less time than Busquets

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Busquets was average at best before the handball, he made one give away that almost gave me a heart attack in the first half and overall he did his typcial giveth/taketh away kind of performance.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There was nothing wrong with his performance, you may mention one ball given away but I can remember several excellent interventions to break up the play. Too many people on here have an agenda surrounding individuals rather than wanting the best for Barça.

adil_909

Too many people on here have an agenda surrounding individuals rather than wanting the best for Barça.

yes, i agree. i believe people want busquets to play because he is a youth player and he is a catalan. they want to completly overlook the fact that he is much less of a player than toure.

1.) he is worse on the ball.
2.) he is physically less imposing.
3.) he commits more fouls.
4.) he doesn't link up with midfield as well.
5.) etc etc etc etc.

so how are those of us who are saying that toure should play every game not wanting the best for barca. i would say those that are more interested in getting rid of toure and adopting busquets are not wanting the best for barca. because we have one of the best DMs in the world at our disposal and we want to get rid him and play someone inferior.

CA if toure is out of sorts right now, it's because he isn't playing regularly. do you think the treble would have been possible without toure last year? helll no! if pep starts him every game like he should be doing, then he'll add that same stability. sure if for tactical reasons you want to start busquets once in a while that's great, but to make him our first choice DM is just suicidal.

trust me, i don't care about anything or anyone other than barca. i just don't see how you can say that wanting toure to play is not what's best for barca, when we've all seen what toure is capable of. again, i would say advocating for busquet's inclusion over toure is against barca's best interests!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
yes, i agree. i believe people want busquets to play because he is a youth player and he is a catalan. they want to completly overlook the fact that he is much less of a player than toure.

1.) he is worse on the ball.
2.) he is physically less imposing.
3.) he commits more fouls.
4.) he doesn't link up with midfield as well.
5.) etc etc etc etc.

so how are those of us who are saying that toure should play every game not wanting the best for barca. i would say those that are more interested in getting rid of toure and adopting busquets are not wanting the best for barca. because we have one of the best DMs in the world at our disposal and we want to get rid him and play someone inferior.

CA if toure is out of sorts right now, it's because he isn't playing regularly. do you think the treble would have been possible without toure last year? helll no! if pep starts him every game like he should be doing, then he'll add that same stability. sure if for tactical reasons you want to start busquets once in a while that's great, but to make him our first choice DM is just suicidal.

trust me, i don't care about anything or anyone other than barca. i just don't see how you can say that wanting toure to play is not what's best for barca, when we've all seen what toure is capable of. again, i would say advocating for busquet's inclusion over toure is against barca's best interests!

If you think any player should play every game then you're talking out of your arse. Slagging off one player because you prefer another is becoming a depressingly familiar theme on here, unfortunately I get dragged into it myself on occasion i.e. with the Zlatan v Etoo debate but it's not something to be proud of.

Yaya Touré is probably the better player, but the fact is that he hasn't been consistently fit this season, Busquets has performed well on several occasions and Yaya has proceeded to attempt to systematically destabilise the club for his own gain. That is unacceptable. We have now reached a point where Yaya probably deserves a run in the side to compete with Busquets, but the competition is healthy and with Busquets in the side we have put together a good run of victories at a vital point in the season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Busquets was average at best before the handball, he made one give away that almost gave me a heart attack in the first half and overall he did his typcial giveth/taketh away kind of performance.

Busquets is young so he gets some slack but I agree, he's been the worst player this season for Barca

Even before the handball, he had made at least one foolish tackle attempt after getting beat (Clownaldo) and several giveaways.

The potential is there but he's not a starter, IMHO...Not yet...I like the rotation idea but for the foreseeable future, Yaya >> Biscuit...By a longshot really

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Busquets is young so he gets some slack but I agree, he's been the worst player this season for Barca

Even before the handball, he had made at least one foolish tackle attempt after getting beat (Clownaldo) and several giveaways.

The potential is there but he's not a starter, IMHO...Not yet...I like the rotation idea but for the foreseeable future, Yaya >> Biscuit...By a longshot really

im sorry.... but sergi is nowhere near the worst plaayer this season Henry easily takes that cake

sergi has had some good games... he just makes lil mistakes here and there that is killing his rep

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If you think any player should play every game then you're talking out of your arse. Slagging off one player because you prefer another is becoming a depressingly familiar theme on here, unfortunately I get dragged into it myself on occasion i.e. with the Zlatan v Etoo debate but it's not something to be proud of.

Yaya Touré is probably the better player, but the fact is that he hasn't been consistently fit this season, Busquets has performed well on several occasions and Yaya has proceeded to attempt to systematically destabilise the club for his own gain. That is unacceptable. We have now reached a point where Yaya probably deserves a run in the side to compete with Busquets, but the competition is healthy and with Busquets in the side we have put together a good run of victories at a vital point in the season.

very well said.

also, yaya better on the ball than busquets?! :lol: busquetsdoesn't link up with midfield as well?! :lol::lol: adil mate, what the hell are you on? busquets is much better with the ball at his feet and constantly links up with midfield and attack better than yaya.

the big man's best moments are individualistic runs, he's not produced anything like the passing skills that busquets displays on a regular basis. that's why busquets can play with keita and yaya can't.

yaya, defensively, is better than busquets. on a good day he's much better. but that comes from being more experienced. and in any case he's been playing like shit lately and has no divine right to walk into the first team.

and if we're to be believed, pep wants to move yaya on to bring badger in. and badger > yaya in terms of being a DM.

adil_909

yeah don't think you can call busquets the worst player, he's done decently this season. however, we need to look at this issue more objectively and take bias out of the equation. toure is a better player, so he should be playing. for me it's as simple as that. when he plays 3 or 4 games in a row with the first team - which was not the team that played against xeres- then he will be back to his best. if we give him that and he STILL is not playing well, fine then you can consider selling him. but not before giving him a proper chance to prove himself.

again, selling toure will be like madrid selling makalele, a mistake they arguably have JUST recovered from after discovering lass.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!

You see if suggesting that one player should start every game reflects badly on you, the above just totally annihalates your credibility.

adil_909

very well said.

also, yaya better on the ball than busquets?! :lol: busquetsdoesn't link up with midfield as well?! :lol::lol: adil mate, what the hell are you on? busquets is much better with the ball at his feet and constantly links up with midfield and attack better than yaya.

the big man's best moments are individualistic runs, he's not produced anything like the passing skills that busquets displays on a regular basis. that's why busquets can play with keita and yaya can't.

yaya, defensively, is better than busquets. on a good day he's much better. but that comes from being more experienced. and in any case he's been playing like shit lately and has no divine right to walk into the first team.

and if we're to be believed, pep wants to move yaya on to bring badger in. and badger > yaya in terms of being a DM.

what does a DM for barca have to do? he needs protect the backline when alves flies up the pitch, he needs to be strong and powerful to make up for the smallness of iniesta, xavi, messi and co, and he needs to win the ball back and just give it to xavi and iniesta who will do the rest. toure wins in all 3 departments hands down. busquets is more aggressive, but gives away more free kicks and has a poorer understanding of the game. is that inexperience, yeah probably, but that doesn't change the fact that toure is better in that regard.

an in-form toure is a way better fit for barca than an in-form busquets. for me it's as simple as that.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
again, selling toure will be like madrid selling makalele, a mistake they arguably have JUST recovered from after discovering lass.

I don't see the comparison to be honest, Makalele was moved on for not being flash enough and because Perez didn't recognise the value of defensive midfielders in general. The situtation we have here is that Pep believes a different DM will suit the side better.

Home of Barca Fans