Yaya Toure

mlmc12345

Hey Barca fans,
What do people make of the media our ex-midfielder Yaya currently?

I reckon given what he has done for us he gets a very harsh press, he's currently up for BBC African Player of the Year and I cannot believe that he has never won that, it's mad really.

Would be interested to hear other views but I really think he's getting treated pretty badly currently.

This is just class, the bit where Yaya missed a penalty as himself on FIFA is truly priceless! Plus KSI not be able to play as Nigeria, SO funny!
Well worth a vote for BBC African Player of the Year.
Best,
Michael

NorthernVictory

At the time we sold Yaya, he was the best in the CDM role. Busquets has evolved to one of the best CDMs ever and has surpassed him now, but Yaya was, for me, the best at that time. Shame we couldn't keep both around, but someone of his caliber had every right to demand the higher wages that City were happy to pay. The combination of technique, power, strength and height made him an incredibly complete footballer.

El Flaco

At the time we sold Yaya, he was the best in the CDM role. Busquets has evolved to one of the best CDMs ever and has surpassed him now, but Yaya was, for me, the best at that time. Shame we couldn't keep both around, but someone of his caliber had every right to demand the higher wages that City were happy to pay. The combination of technique, power, strength and height made him an incredibly complete footballer.

To be fair, Busi already surpassed Yaya while the latter was at Barca.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

To be fair, Busi already surpassed Yaya while the latter was at Barca...

Can't agree with that ,everyone but Pep thought it was a mistake to start Busi over Yaya .MD & Sport etc ran many votes about that duo to the frustration from Busi starting over Yaya and those poll was by far in Yaya side
Dare to say that 09/10 season was Busi worst season at Barca too .Pep played him duo to believing in his potential more than anything .next year Busi took his game to the next level and Yaya wasn't missed

El Flaco

Can't agree with that ,everyone but Pep thought it was a mistake to start Busi over Yaya .MD & Sport etc ran many votes about that duo to the frustration from Busi starting over Yaya and those poll was by far in Yaya side
Dare to say that 09/10 season was Busi worst season at Barca too .Pep played him duo to believing in his potential more than anything .next year Busi took his game to the next level and Yaya wasn't missed

You're right that some people were questioning about the Pep's decision to start Busi over Yaya. But it's a kinda understandable reaction when they never followed his games at Barca B. And especially when Busi came from Segunda B. Maybe the Catalan wasn't physical as Yaya, but his others abilities (footballing IQ, vision, technique) were much better compared to the latter. At least if you ask me.

khaled_a_d

You're right that some people were questioning about the Pep's decision to start Busi over Yaya. But it's a kinda understandable reaction when they never followed his games at Barca B. And especially when Busi came from Segunda B. Maybe the Catalan wasn't physical as Yaya, but his others abilities (footballing IQ, vision, technique) were much better compared to the latter. At least if you ask me.

But that was Busquets second season with 1st team so the fans knew about him .he was actually popular in his 1st year more than his second
He came from tercera to 1st team btw .think he only played couple of games in Segunda B .which is more impressive
I am not against Pep decision btw ,he proved himself right and it was a gr8 move for the future ,just think that Yaya was still the better player in his last season with Barca

Yannik

Having a meltdown after loosing out African Player of the year to Aubameyang.

[tw]685449997253525504[/tw]

khaled_a_d

Yeah ,read that .It was an easy choice really .Aubameyang deserved no doubt .
Yaya really need to stop acting like a 14 years old girl

Home of Barca Fans