Yaya Toure

L

Learo

Because we didn't already do that with Neymar, huh? Yaya already said he'd be willing to take a paycut so it's not that big of a deal.

Neymar in Barca earns less than Yaya in City with 100 times the marketing potential of Yaya. Besides, Neymar is 22 with huge sell-on value. Yaya is a very large player struggling with stamina and poor work rate, and at 31, that combination could mean Yaya dramatically declining next season.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Neymar in Barca earns less than Yaya in City with 100 times the marketing potential of Yaya. Besides, Neymar is 22 with huge sell-on value. Yaya is a very large player struggling with stamina and poor work rate, and at 31, that combination could mean Yaya dramatically declining next season.

I don't remember Yaya's dad getting 40 million Euros.

Anyhow, I don't understand why you guys are freaking out over finances. I guess I wasn't aware a lot of you guys directly contributed to player wages. If you cut finances out of the equation; Yaya is a fantastic player and if you deny that then you're just blindly hating on him.

JamDav1982

Anyhow, I don't understand why you guys are freaking out over finances. I guess I wasn't aware a lot of you guys directly contributed to player wages. If you cut finances out of the equation; Yaya is a fantastic player and if you deny that then you're just blindly hating on him.

Of course finances are a huge consideration for any player especially a 31 year old.

L

Learo

Because finances is directly related to the health and sustainability of the club. Yaya has some clear weaknesses that we really dont want to see in our new-look team. His lack of stamina and work rate is not what I would like to see next season.

Paganinisrvnge

Of course finances are a huge consideration for any player especially a 31 year old.

Then why don't we get rid of Xavi who is 34, earning tons of money, and had a way worse season than Yaya?

Everyone at Barcelona is going to have high wages. It's a PROFESSIONAL football club and one of the most prestigious in the world. At first you guys were all agreeing that we need a physical presence in midfield but now that there's rumors of a Yaya return; you're all worried about money that you don't pay. If we get rid of Song then that's a chunk of Yaya's wages, anyway.

Antimadridista1

This.

AfricanBavarian

y7y8epe3.jpg

L

Learo

Then why don't we get rid of Xavi who is 34, earning tons of money, and had a way worse season than Yaya?

Everyone at Barcelona is going to have high wages. It's a PROFESSIONAL football club and one of the most prestigious in the world. At first you guys were all agreeing that we need a physical presence in midfield but now that there's rumors of a Yaya return; you're all worried about money that you don't pay. If we get rid of Song then that's a chunk of Yaya's wages, anyway.

More important than physique is determination and energy. Look at Atletico's midfield. They are possessed. Yaya has a very large frame, but his work rate is poor.

I fully expect Yaya to decline rapidly soon with him being so dependent on his size. Im fine if we can get Yaya on a 5m a year 2-year contract and a 10m transfer fee, and if his slimeball agent is serious that it isnt really about money, then they will take it.

JamDav1982

Yayas wages will be on top of his transfer fee.

Signing a 31 year old for a big fee and then giving him huge wages will never happen.

If he was available for free it might be different, even then though would it be right to take him in and give him more than Iniesta for example.

Xavi has declined clearly but his wages are justified for what he has done for the club and as a symbol for the other players to look at how the players can be rewarded for a career dedicated to Barcelona.

People here will complain about Xavis performances but his wages are never in doubt as he has earned them over the past 17/18 years.

Home of Barca Fans