Yaya Toure

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Great performance in what was possibly his last game for us. I'd love him to stay but my gut feeling is he'll be off. Especially if he plays well in South Africa. He's certainly a brilliant player and it'd be a real shame to lose him.

V

Valon

What a beasty performance. Easily man of the match. BUT I have to agree with Gneg sadly. I hope he stays and re-finds the 08/09 form.

Juan03

Why ddn't he play with this energy and drive during the season?

I'm sorry but he did have some pretty good games, specially when Xavi was out for some games he was our main man in the midfield and he bossed it, losing his place to Busquets (unfairly imho) was blow to his confidence but overall i cna only remember 1 or 2 games where he was poor.

ZIG-ZAG-ZIG

He never lost the form!!! I love Barca to death, but if they sell Yaya after what they did Eto'o, then anyone with a brain can see what it is.....especially when it's Sergi keeping him out if the team!! Because for purely footballing reasons, how the hell can he be inferior to Sergi?? I am soo happy we win the league, but got a horrible gut feeling that we havnt learnt our lesson fromthe Eto'o saga.......and incidentally where is DiegoMessi tonite? lol

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I'm sorry but he did have some pretty good games, specially when Xavi was out for some games he was our main man in the midfield and he bossed it, losing his place to Busquets (unfairly imho) was blow to his confidence but overall i cna only remember 1 or 2 games where he was poor.
Yes, we know how it works by now. :p You can't remember more than 2 games where he wasn't good, I can remember I have thrown yaya some swear words in more than two games.

But I don't want to go down that way again. You surely have to agree that he didn't play like this consistently during the season. This was Yaya like we know him, energy, hunger for goal with a genuine drive on the pitch. If he played like this, Busquets wouldn't be the regular starter for sure. But he didn't. You will now say that he didn't get consistent playing time but Meta showed differently + there are players (Milito or Bojan for instance) that are CLEARLY NOT starters and sitll they do go for it when they have their chance.

Seeing today that he still can do it in possibly his last game, I can only ask myself why he didn't show this during the season.

iced1776

A lot of it comes down to the fact that Yaya's bad games were poorly timed, the rare times that Sergi pissed Pep off Yaya failed to impress the next game.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
If Alex Ferguson didn't have his head in his arse he would swoop for Yaya before Arsene finds the courage to face up to his boo boo those years ago. COuld make either of those 2 teams imperious.

Yaya, I love you!!

Home of Barca Fans