Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Intelligent pressing, I couldn't agree more. He also has the good ol' fashioned "run em' down" pressing which also works pretty well. He is such a good motivator for the younger guys to hustle and give it their all.

:worthy:

F

Flavia

Xavi confident about team’s progress
ANNA SEGURA08/24/2012 19:12
The midfielder admits that he left the field on Thursday night feeling things had ended strangely and unfairly after Barça had been by far the better team

Xavi Hernàndez thinks the game with Real Madrid at the Camp Nou was a good reflection of how strong the team is right now. Although any of FCB’s results in recent meetings at the Santiago Bernabéu would be enough to win the Supercup, it is the buoyant mood among the squad that he feels is most important. “We are physically strong and full of confidence” he said. “We were better than Madrid. We’re feeling great and that confidence will take us forward. What gives us confidence is knowing how well the team is doing. That’s why we are confident, not because of results in previous years”.

Unfair result

Having had time to digest the events of the first leg at the Camp Nou, Xavi explained how “we have a strange feeling of unfairness. We played a great game and were far superior, but only won by a single goal”. A wider margin would have all but settled the tie, but as far he is concerned “we still won and now we have to go there to play for the title. We are confident that when we go to the Bernabéu, we can produce the same football that we did here”.

He doesn’t think the 3-2 scoreline means they have to change any of their plans for the return leg. “When things are tight, Madrid tend to close up shop at the back and look for the counter attack. They’ll be looking to exploit any errors we make in our build-up. They are told to play that way, so we won’t have to change a thing. We just have to make ourselves the protagonists and go out and attack”.

Valdés the best keeper for Barça

Xavi also defended Víctor Valdés against any criticism for Madrid’s second goal. “He has seen everything here and I am convinced that he is the best goalkeeper in the world for Barça. We have every confidence in him. We know he takes risks because he’s a brave keeper. We’ll be encouraging him, but he’s strong and fully prepared for things like this”.

He was also full of praise for Iniesta’s outstanding performance. “He had a great game. I told him he’d been sensational, he made a spectacular difference. Andrés is so strong on the ball and what he does works wonders for us”.

15th season in first team

Xavi Hernàndez is in the first team for the fifteenth year. He says that he is proud to have been here so long, and that “this season I hope to do things right. To carry on being important for the team and to win titles. I just want to have a good season and be useful. I am proud of the work I have done but football has no memory and you have to keep proving yourself day after day”.

He also added that he has no intention of retiring from the Spanish national team. “I still enjoy it as much as I did the first day” he insisted.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
To be playing for 15 season alone is a feat. And at such a high level is just outstanding.
He should retire from Spanish NT imo. so I'm not too happy about his last comment.

F

Flavia

298865_377618525643953_243477280_n.jpg

12 years ago.

Henry_IB

Banned
2000_joaquin_phoenix_gladiator.jpg

I actually want him to play for Spain... just posted it for the resemblance

Totally off topic. Why does it say "thanks for everything, pep." in Swedish above your avatar? For some reason it annoys the shit out of me, I mean, no one else but other swedes on this forum understand what it means so why not have it in English?

BerkeleyBernie

Totally off topic. Why does it say "thanks for everything, pep." in Swedish above your avatar? For some reason it annoys the shit out of me, I mean, no one else but other swedes on this forum understand what it means so why not have it in English?

Umm, did Mistuh Gwumpy get up on the wong side of bed dis morning? :wave:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Was the catalyst for the win today. Immediately added a sense of calm, purpose and direction to our attacks. We started to lose far less possession in the middle of the pitch. Although the decision to put 3 fast attackers in the team (Tello, Pedro, Alexis) and Messi behind them to counter Osasuna's high line was a superb decision from Vilanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans