Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Fans say dumb shit all the time. In the groups, "we won a group with shitty Porto". Now Napoli ain't very good.

Shitty Porto gave the leaders of the best league in the world 2 difficult games and just lost on pens last night. In CL, at the top, there are no easy games. Especially for a side like Barcelona, with so many injuries and playing kids in many positions.

As I said repeatedly in recent weeks, we'll see the great things the new guy will do next season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The latest and most prominent of those voices for now belongs to none other than Rafa Yuste, the vice president of FC Barcelona.
Following the match, as highlighted by Mundo Deportivo, he publicly declared his liking for the current Barça coach while talking about his continuity:
“I respect Xavi and his decision. He knows what I think, and we’ll see what happens. I really like Xavi Hernández.”

Xavi:

“There has been a lot of unfair criticism, (that we were) the joke of the Champions League, we had to play with that pressure,” Xavi told a news conference.

“We had to be better than Napoli and we were, it’s a more than deserved qualification, it’s one of my best moments as Barcelona coach.”

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I won’t call for the legend’s replacement but no question him leaving is right decision for Xavi & club, which is why the player/coach made it…and anyone who has followed the legend knows he means what he says

serghei

It's the right decision. He did what he could, took the challenge of winning titles straight on. Improved the team in CL with this result, the team's best since 2019. Leaves the team in a much better position than where he took it from.

Up to the board to find the next manager, hopefully a better one that can achieve more.

There is room for improvement for sure. We can play nicer football and and should up our intensity. At the moment we can't keep our intensity for more than 45 mins. We start with a great press and in the 2nd half it's all gone. It will help that in the next seasons many of the current youngsters and kids will be young adults, and not so frail in the body. Coming back to Camp Nou, a new 105k stadium should be a big boost also.

Last edited:

Etoshow

I'll always be confident about Xavi's knowledge of football. Ppl can still tell bullshits but he'll lead us up to the victory.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

There is a unanimous feeling amongst supporters of other clubs that Xavi has been treated poorly by Barca fans. And maybe they are not far wrong.

I don't have a problem with the criticism of him at all, all of that is fair and creditable. Where I think he has been hard done by is that the good things he has done are just not acknowledged by the majority of the fanbase. Even worse they are shat upon. Any good he does, the fanbase are desperate to sully by finding the negative needle in the haystack.

A prime example of this is the La Liga win last season, which was an incredible achievement given the circumstance whichever way you slice or dice it. But folk have to question the strength of the league, or claim that is was pure luck, or the best of all, that Madrid didn't bother to try to win the league.

Where is the credit for the magnificent job he had done with the young players. Lamine's development. Cubarsi, when we all wanted to see Faye ? Fermin? Balde from nowhere? Fort? Guiu.

In contrast, folk around the world are queuing up to praise Klopp for what he has done with Bradley, Quansah, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot.

Xavi has done a lot of good and set this club up very sweetly for the future with those youngsters HE brought through and had the BALLS to play in a UCL knockout game.

serghei

At the end of the day, it's not a tragedy. Xavi had some good 2.5 seasons, he leaves, a new guy will come and will inherit a much better team than the one in 2021 that Xavi got.

Xavi is a good manager by most reasonable expectations, but he is not a great manager. He achieved his biggest results at Barcelona in these 2.5 years mainly by being very good vs smaller teams in the league. Occasionally beat Madrid, sometimes in great fashion, but also lost clearly vs Madrid several times.

What the club achieved with him can also be achieved in the future under a new manager. The results were good, not spectacular.

Porque

Shitty Porto gave the leaders of the best league in the world 2 difficult games and just lost on pens last night. In CL, at the top, there are no easy games. Especially for a side like Barcelona, with so many injuries and playing kids in many positions.

Watched the ET and Porto were the better side. Seems Conceicao setup perfectly to counter this Arsenal side (where the fuck was that against us or maybe Xavi is just that good :lol: ).

Reality is now, a good showing and possibly progression to the Semi and history will look kinder on Xavi.

That Group stage exit last year too, given we have now seen the growth in that Inter team and Inzaghi project.

serghei

Xavi lacks a big win in CL vs a superior rival. He didn't achieve that. So if we get drawn against some PSG, Bayern, Arsenal, City, Madrid, effectively the top 6 teams in Europe (+Liverpool), and we manage to reach the semis... I'd say he goes out on a high. Which kinds of makes the board look bad.

iniestaGOAT

Everybody knows he overachieved.
He is leaving cause of the toxic jabronis like many you have in this server.

No brain, no ball knowledge..just loud mouths.

serghei

I still think keeping Xavi and landing Klopp sometime in the next 2 years would have been the best route, and a masterstroke from Laporta's board. New stadium, 21-23 years old youngsters instead of many 16-19 year old kids... and Klopp to get the best out of them. And a much improved financial situation. All could have lined up perfectly 2-3 years from now. Klopp is likely gonna take a year off and get back into the game just like Guardiola did. Let's hope Madrid don't snatch him instead of us while we are stuck with the wannabe types.

In the absence of such a grand plan working out, we need to land some Nagelsmann or De Zerbi types, and hope they are the real deal in spite of some recent discouraging signs.

I am doubtful the club is smart enough to think a bit long term.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Don’t really know what to think of all those other names brought up. If xavi stays, i’ll be there as I have always been.

FC B

Ofc keeping Xavi for a one more season or two would be great if the club somewhow manages to snatch Klopp afterwards but this is whisful thinking, many big clubs will do absolutely anything to lure him in so why would he chose Barca out of them all? We don't even know if Laporta is seriously after him atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans