Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so good.

although he played valdo onside for their goal. lol.

desoe

Xavi should suprise us with new things, we already know these. Come on, Xavi. You're embarrassing yourself here..

Co0ter

I don't think it was that much about the injury (although he did avoid contact at times). The main problem was that at first he was playing too deep and too alone quality-wise. The optimal situation is Xavi getting the ball on the attacking side of the field and having Messi, Iniesta and Dani to rotate the ball with, thus making it hard to mark all the options out. Stuttgart was pressuring high and Xavi was dropping way too deep to get something done. Once he got there, the two options he usually had to build the play with were Yaya & Busi and the duo didn't really know how to make space for themselves with the pressure. Once Messi started to drop deep too and Iniesta move around the midfield, the game started to open. Once Yaya was out and Henry in (+Andres truly back to midfield), the second half was much better. Though it was always to be, since it was clear that Stuttgart wouldn't be able to apply that kind of pressure for the whole game.

Right on man, I agree 100 percent. Iniesta is just not a winger and we miss him too much in the midfield. Sergi and Toure should never be on the field together, no matter how makeshift our defense is. If our defense is surely out of whack then just Toure hanging back a lot would be good enough.

Olsend

Why Xavi doesn't take those open chances? He could have two decent shots when he was opened. Xavi should be less team player sometimes :D

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
someone find me a video of our winning goal.

but like, as much of the attacking move as possible.

it went from right to left to right to middle to goal. it was a lovely move and xavi's pass was the perfect cap to it all.

beef-supreme

someone find me a video of our winning goal.

but like, as much of the attacking move as possible.

it went from right to left to right to middle to goal. it was a lovely move and xavi's pass was the perfect cap to it all.

Crap quality, but from 2:26

[YOUTUBE]isMxZou-8UI[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans