Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustZanetti4

This guy had so many haters as a player. Weird, because loyal players tend to be universally respected. Now, after his tenure as a coach of this behemoth of a club, he will get even more.

serghei

Last time I felt helpless about Barca was when Messi left the club. Those meaningless losses, like last night, in Europe are just peanuts in the big picture.

Barca are doing just alright about their standards. Without losing their identity. If you want 20 consecutive CL triumphs, let's sell the club to Mohammed Bin Salman.

You have to accept periods like this one, and I can assure the ever-moaning posters around here that it can get much much worse than making 1st spot in a CL group while not playing great football.

You can't have both.

You either sell the club to some multi-billionaire and witness as the club's financial struggles vanish almost instantly, or you stand by the club while it tries to preserve it's philosophy.

Pointing at the football City play, and trashing everyone at Barca, while spending 3m on players in a summer is useless. It's the stuff children do.

serghei

That being said, of course anyone in the club needs to continue to work on the issues we have, on all fronts, financially, tactically, in terms of man management, and so on.

As this happens the fans simply need to be patient, and realize the conditions don't allow this team to progress rapidly. It's gona be a bumpy and long ride back to the top.

At Barcelona you can't talk about managerial incompetence, because unlike United, or Chelsea, the club doesn't inject huge sums of money on player acquisitions every summer. It is a finances problem mostly.

Last edited:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

It's a shame he doesn't have better players at his disposal, but the problem is is that he is the main reason for that.

If you spend 200m on flops in the EPL, they give you another 200m and you get a second chance. Unfortunately for Xavi, we can't do that. There is no second chance on Raph, Kounde, Lewa and Ferran. It wasn't rocket science either that those players were not top tier quality and that they would underwhelme here.

If Xavi gets sacked, this will be the reason for his demise. Had he bought better the team would be more easy on the eye and the results wouldn't be so bad. Xavi could then have grown more in to the job and may have gone on to be a success.

But there is no way around that now. Those players will sink him eventually. It's just a matter of time before he gets the boot and he will only have himself to blame.

BJJ

He is a dead man walking. He looks deflated and defeated.
I'm not even sure He wants the job for the right reasons.
I doubt any big club will take him in the future but stranger things have happened.
It's kind of weird that such a definitive player for us is a total wet blanket as a coach.
However I called it back in the day. As a player he was a whining sook who was always whinging about everything, even when the opposition destroyed us fairly. Remember that 4 0 loss to Bayern in 13?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's a shame he doesn't have better players at his disposal, but the problem is is that he is the main reason for that.

If you spend 200m on flops in the EPL, they give you another 200m and you get a second chance. Unfortunately for Xavi, we can't do that. There is no second chance on Raph, Kounde, Lewa and Ferran. It wasn't rocket science either that those players were not top tier quality and that they would underwhelme here.

If Xavi gets sacked, this will be the reason for his demise. Had he bought better the team would be more easy on the eye and the results wouldn't be so bad. Xavi could then have grown more in to the job and may have gone on to be a success.

But there is no way around that now. Those players will sink him eventually. It's just a matter of time before he gets the boot and he will only have himself to blame.
I still believed Kounde could become great here, I was wrong - as the rest of them, yeah my hopes weren't high

Haraldinho

Last time I felt helpless about Barca was when Messi left the club. Those meaningless losses, like last night, in Europe are just peanuts in the big picture.

Barca are doing just alright about their standards. Without losing their identity. If you want 20 consecutive CL triumphs, let's sell the club to Mohammed Bin Salman.
How Madrid managed to win 3 CL consecutively ? They were lost in La liga but won the CL from 2016 to 2018. They dont have Arab money btw.

PS: another CL again in 2022.

Birdy

Gerard Romero reports a break in Xavi-Deco relationship after the game yesterday.
He doesn't report the reason.

I don't know what to believe out of what comes out of his mouth

Birdy

@JoanFontes
"There is a group of players who have grown tired of Xavi singling them out at a press conference. Ter Stegen, Lewandowski, De Jong, Ilkay Gundogan, Raphinha and Ferran are the most fed up with Xavi Hernández's management and his lack of self-criticism. Laporta's interference has further undermined the Egarense's ascendancy."

Joan Fontes is one of the most reliable Barca 'inside' reporters

Iniesta Ultra

Reported for trying to destabilize club with criticism.

The problem was the media hasn't been criticizing gimpball previous two years until recent results fully reflected his approach. LaPorta, Xavi, media, fans were desperate for Xavi to pan out they let darkness fester. Black luck, shit league, disjointed individual goals allowed everyone to lie to themselves the way Xavi lies to himself and the world.

Without severe psychological problems he could've applied his intelligence to allow intelligence to create for the team. Imagine Auba over rag doll, Puig over retard, 200M spent on intelligent players instead of yes-men players.

I doubt Xavi would've failed if he weren't captive to "impose our will" doctrine on his players how he ironically said to do of opponents. He wanted succeed removing freedom, vision, fearless possession, fearless dispossession, autonomy, intelligence, everything Barca enjoyed during his playing years. His zombie tactics can't change because they're psychological in nature.

When Xavi leaves regardless of ensuing results the oppression will end.

freetocan

we used to win games like this playing only the b team at a time no serious talent existed in our academy. you could see the same patterns of play, attitude and philosophy no matter what players we fielded, even though the level was lower.
Now there is nothing.
losing against this level of opposition is shameful.
can't wait for xavi to go. we are wasting time with him.
Same here. I would be so so happy to not see hid face anymore…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans