Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Progress any decent manager with investment could of made.
Better managers would of been able to do more but let's ignore that part.

Gaudi

This. I've been on about this point for a while. And Xavi is more of the same. Okay, we had big missing players, if we went out, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But we got smashed 4-0 and it really could have been 6-0.

How can you possibly absolve the manager in this case? It's not like we tried our best but lost out to the better team, we got annihilated at home. And for those with the 'Xavi masterclass in the league' discourse, well, he's beating absolute scrub teams 1-0, it's not like he's destroying them either. The second we see a half decent team, we get destroyed.

How many goals have we conceded across Europe and to Madrid this season, on a goals per 90 basis? That tells you much of what we can see with our eyes. Xavi is clueless. Winning 1-0 with our squad against scrubs playing bottom half of the league type football doesn't take a great coach, heck it just takes someone who isn't retarded.

There's posters here who will do any kind of mental gymnastics that linguistics will allow to defend Xavi, and not my post nor anyone else's is going to change their mind. I really don't expect miracles and don't expect us to win last night - I just want to see someone at the helm we can put our trust in for our rebuild. Considering Xavi is a Qatar level coach, he doesn't deserve 1.5 seasons of 'the benefit of the doubt'. Only established, top level managers get that. Then you add to that constant humiliations like EL exits, CL group exits, thrashings against big teams, ang generally boring and abysmal football, and you have all the reasons you need to sack Xavi ASAP.

I think there are 2 main reasons:
1. Out style...we can't score a fluke goal, quick goal, or similar, with slow passing we truly need to exhaust opponents and ourself to score. Most teams just accelrate a bit, pick up some speed and if they score, even an "ugly" goal, they are back in the match.
2. Point 1 and years of trashing have truly made our players mental losers. When you wound big teams almost all came back at you even harder. Basically, you score and then you need to weather the storm, in our case we crumble dowm. I would never trust Barca in some big final match, not saying we can not win big matches anymore, but If it comes down to dig in I would bet on opposition all the time.

serghei

It's not an issue of mental losers due to past trashings imo. This team is a new one, with many new signings and teenagers. Almost all of the older amigos are gone or have a secondary role in the team except for Busquets.

It's simply a team in construction with a thin squad and a young manager without much experience, that has been trashed this season by Europe's elite teams, such as Bayern, Madrid, in conditions of multiple injuries forcing us to play with lower quality players than it's needed for opponents of this caliber.

You guys find too many psychological and complex explanations, when it's fairy simple. In the current conditions, 2 titles, including a big one, is a great season in my book. Extremely positive debut for our rebuild project.

Problem with fans these days is that they have no patience, and expexct miraculous outcomes and instant gratification overnight. And when that obviously can't happen, especially vs bigger, better, more mature and polished teams... they vent their frustrations on everyone.

Last edited:
Winning a league by winning most games by 1 goal and thanks to madrid not even trying to compete is not impressing anyone when the club bought you so many players in different positions

Gaudi

Mentality creeps in to the locker room no matter the new guys, espicially with the point one, being our style. Lewa gently tried to say that couple of times already and certainly knows how to win.
Losing is not a problem, patience on the other hand can be if you don't see how, through time, a club can blossom.
For example, you are from Croatia right? You know what's happening with Dinamo now? Everyone expected that, noone really believed Cacic is the guy to invest patience.

While I'm not comparing Xavi directly to Cacic my point is jurry is still out there, for now I don't see signs of great development, just more of the same.

ajnotkeith

It's not an issue of mental losers due to past trashings imo. This team is a new one, with many new signings and teenagers. Almost all of the older amigos are gone or have a secondary role in the team except for Busquets.

It's simply a team in construction with a thin squad and a young manager without much experience, that has been trashed this season by Europe's elite teams, such as Bayern, Madrid, in conditions of multiple injuries forcing us to play with lower quality players than it's needed for opponents of this caliber.

You guys find too many psychological and complex explanations, when it's fairy simple. In the current conditions, 2 titles, including a big one, is a great season in my book. Extremely positive debut for our rebuild project.

Problem with fans these days is that they have no patience, and expexct miraculous outcomes and instant gratification overnight. And when that obviously can't happen, especially vs bigger, better, more mature and polished teams... they vent their frustrations on everyone.

In total agreement if it was showing the signs of a great rebuild. But it isn't. For the most part, we play resultadisimo football.

Feels more like this will be the last title than the first if performances like this continue.

Busquets, Lewandowski and Messi is apparently going to be next season's holy trinity. Not much of a rebuild.

You are right we should cherish this title though, the circumstances and the way it was won might never be repeated again. Won through pure desire and heart.

iniestaGOAT

Mentality creeps in to the locker room no matter the new guys, espicially with the point one, being our style. Lewa gently tried to say that couple of times already and certainly knows how to win.
Losing is not a problem, patience on the other hand can be if you don't see how, through time, a club can blossom.
For example, you are from Croatia right? You know what's happening with Dinamo now? Everyone expected that, noone really believed Cacic is the guy to invest patience.

While I'm not comparing Xavi directly to Cacic my point is jurry is still out there, for now I don't see signs of great development, just more of the same.

Lewa should just shut up. he is part of the problem.

Also, the jury will still be out when we repeat the league title next season. Cause this Barcelona and nothihng is ever enough.

That is why we are the biggest team in the world.

LETSS FUCKING GOOOOOO

Raketa10

If we win La Liga this season it will definitely be a successful season. Some of you are delusional. Try to compare how much money United and Chelsea spent last summer and they have similar or even worse problems than we do. Or take a look at PSG or Juve. Rebuilding a team is a process that requires money and patience. Some players will succeed here and some won't, some will get injured and some will surprise us (for example Chirstensen).

Did we make mistakes? Yes we did. But that's perfectly normal. Every manager and every club make bad signings but as long as good ones prevail we'll be fine. If we win La Liga and make some smart signings this summer next season could be great. However, we really need to address that RB issue. For over 8 seasons we have the same problem and now we finally need to make it No.1 priority and solve it. Our entire starting 11 is imbalanced because we don't have a proper RB. Furthermore, we are destroying players (Kounde and Araujo) by playing them out of their natural positions. This simply has to stop.

Last edited:

Rory

If we win La Liga this season it will definitely be a successful season. Some of you are delusional. Try to compare how much money United and Chelsea spent last summer and they have similar or even worse problems than we do. Or take a look at PSG or Juve. Rebuilding a team is a process that requires money and patience. Some players will succeed here and some won't, some will get injured and some will surprise us (for example Chirstensen).

Did we make mistakes? Yes we did. But that's perfectly normal. Every manager and every club make bad signings but as long as good ones prevail we'll be fine. If we win La Liga and make some smart signings this summer next season could be great. However, we really need to address that RB issue. For over 8 seasons we have the same problem and now we finally need to make it No.1 priority and solve it. Our entire starting 11 is imbalanced because we don't have a proper RB. Furthermore, we are destroying players (Kounde and Araujo) by playing them out of their natural positions. This simply has to stop.

What is it you have seen in Xavi to suggest a slightly better squad would take us further forward? This year we've seen a barca team that struggles to create chances, can't handle the high pressure games and have to scrape a victory against the lowest quality la liga teams for decades. Teams where our spending outweighs theirs by 100:1 and wage bill to match.

Xavi is the one playing Kounde/Araujo at right back, no one else is making that decision. That's on him that he didn't prioritise that position and instead spent 60m on Raphinha and 40m on Lewa.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
No. That falls in the category of hating when you try to diminish a spectacular league season like you just did.

Lol no I had the same energy for vakverde (Didn you?) . It's pretty obvious, my stance has never changed even with this loss. I base it on logic and what I see every single game.
You are using the end result to determine progress I'm using how well we play and how games go and have gone for us throughout the season. We have been incredibly lucky at times coupled with very poor finishing. Most times that we've played decent opposition we have not come away with a win.
He has not done a great job, just an OK one.

Raketa10

What is it you have seen in Xavi to suggest a slightly better squad would take us further forward? This year we've seen a barca team that struggles to create chances, can't handle the high pressure games and have to scrape a victory against the lowest quality la liga teams for decades. Teams where our spending outweighs theirs by 100:1 and wage bill to match.

Xavi is the one playing Kounde/Araujo at right back, no one else is making that decision. That's on him that he didn't prioritise that position and instead spent 60m on Raphinha and 40m on Lewa.

First. we have +12 in La Liga. What the hell do you expect from him? To play like in prime Pep era and win every game by 5 goals margin? This squad has no depth and we have a constant problem with injuries. Our entire back line was injured during CL group stage. Against United we missed Pedri, Gavi and Demebele and yesterday FDJ, Pedri, Dembele and Christensen. Even stronger teams would hardly be able to compete without 4 players from starting 11.

Second, who should he play at RB??? Do we have a RB in our squad? Did we sign someone? What the hell are you even talking about?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
First. we have +12 in La Liga. What the hell do you expect from him? To play like in prime Pep era and win every game by 5 goals margin? This squad has no depth and we have a constant problem with injuries. Our entire back line was injured during CL group stage. Against United we missed Pedri, Gavi and Demebele and yesterday FDJ, Pedri, Dembele and Christensen. Even stronger teams would hardly be able to compete without 4 players from starting 11.

Second, who should he play at RB??? Do we have a RB in our squad? Did we sign someone? What the hell are you even talking about?

We have a much better squad multiple times more talented than 95% of the clubs in la liga. With such disparity between us and the rest of the league it's actually hilarious that we struggle to win 1-0 against teams who are worth what just 1 of our players cost...

We've had enough mediroce or downright Subpar managers over the years we don't want to go through the same shit for another 2. Get someone who isn't learning on the job and has made so many mistakes during that process. We've backed and allowed the manager to make huge decisions and a lot of those decisions in the transfer market have been incredibly poor for the most part.

He wanted alonso Torres azp etc
Wants to renew busi the best dm in the world, Roberto...

There's too much there to give him the benefit of doubt for me.

iniestaGOAT

I must admit I agree with you,

We played half the season with 3-5 startes missing, its a miracle we are even winning la liga.

Any other manger this season would have been considered a wash due to injuries and fools would have been happy with no trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans