Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsincule

Only big mistake of Xavi in this game imo is trying to outplay Madrid with this made-up team with a patched-up midfield. Should have defended deep and played a similar game to the one in Madrid. Park the bus in short, and let Madrid struggle to create vs a deep block, instead of trying to domainte and risk getting caught on the counters.

Conceded too many goals on counters. Should have played more defensive and more pragmatic, even if deemed ugly. Tried to go with the full Camp Nou and home game advantage, and maybe get the players to overachieve today, and it backfired big time.

Spot on. We really played into their hands leaving them so much space….

In the grand scheme of things we had beaten them 3 straight times. It was highly unlikely we would beat them a 4th… Kind of astonishing that we had beaten them 3 times in a row…

Win the league and this season is a success. Who knows what next season will bring with no funds and potentially bringing Messi back.

freetocan

Not trying to defend Xavi, but we cant ignore fact we missed some of our best players. We also lack depth. Real has better bench.

Raphina was utter shite. Lewandowski has been unreliable for a while now.
Except ter Stegan, Balde, Araujo and Gavi, all remaining are just crap. I would have replaced, Raphinia, Lewandowski since half time.
Xavi is at fault as he brought many shit players for a lot of money.
He a shame for Barca, totally unacceptable.
There are many free couches right now available, so Laporte should bring one instead of Xavi. Clueless couch.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi knew the match was over after Madrid's second goal. Could've easily ended 6-0 if Modric shot instead of crossed and Benz didn't miss what's usually a sitter for him.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Our squad as a whole isn't experienced under pressure in knockout games due to 2 major reasons

1. A part of the squad haven't played/have played very few under pressure in knockout games for a club of the stature of Barcelona (Kounde, Kessie, Balde, Gavi, Fati, Ferran, Raphinha, Garcia)

2. The ones who've played in them aren't really relevant bcos their mentality is shit, and they can't help the inexperienced ones cope in them (Busi, Alba, Roberto, Alonso, Ter Stegen, and to some extent Lewy)

1. plenty of those players have faced high pressure games - doesn't have to be a knockout comp to be high pressure. Id also say that this type of fumbling occurs in the league as well but we rarely get punished because of the lack of quality in la liga at this point in time.

Arujo - Future captain. elite mentality.
Kounde - Europa league with Seville
Alonso - part of CL winning team etc etc
Balde - Pressure didnt get to him, Mentality was on show tonight best player on the park.
Kessie - title race winning team.
busquets - old guard done it all, weak mentality cant handle pressure anymore
roberto - ded food
Raphina - Relegation battle high pressure games carried leeds to safety - that's much more pressure than a tinpot cup.
Lewy - Played for bayern - won cl etc..
Gavi - Not a pressure issue but a mentality one

Didnt start so what ever:
Christensen - Key defender in CL wining run
Alba - mentality midget
Garcia - Should be sold
Ferran - Should be sold
cbf for the rest

2. agree for the most part.

freetocan

It's true that injuries had an effect as did the referee, who seemed to be edging the decisions towards Madrid enough to effect the match.

That's not mentioning the penalty appeals.

But Xavi still has alot to learn. The squad was limited through injuries but we can't be this conservative Greece2004, Morocco2022 team that plays the percentages and scrapes wins.

Anyways to some up the game. First half decent, second half abysmal, and reaction to the in-game situation = non-existent.

HT we regressed and no changes in the setup until around 5-10 minutes after going 3 down. Too late considering what was going wrong in the team for pretty much all the 2nd half- and in the case of Raphinha, all game.

Time has proven he got Ferran absolutely wrong too and that is going to cost us financially for years unless we luck out with Lucho wanting him. Big mistake giving up our option on Alvarez for this guy.

Love you man, ferran gores is not even a soccer player, looks clear as a clown. Huuuge mistake paying so much money for this totally junk player. Thank you Pep, good job luring Xavi to bring this shit to camp nou.

iniestaGOAT

Except ter Stegan, Balde, Araujo and Gavi, all remaining are just crap. I would have replaced, Raphinia, Lewandowski since half time.
Xavi is at fault as he brought many shit players for a lot of money.
He a shame for Barca, totally unacceptable.
There are many free couches right now available, so Laporte should bring one instead of Xavi. Clueless couch.

TEr Stegen was disasterclass what are you talking about? He had a good season but he was choking bad today passing the ball RM players for free under no pressure

Redbuck

1. plenty of those players have faced high pressure games - doesn't have to be a knockout comp to be high pressure. Id also say that this type of fumbling occurs in the league as well but we rarely get punished because of the lack of quality in la liga at this point in time.

Arujo - Future captain. elite mentality.
Kounde - Europa league with Seville
Alonso - part of CL winning team etc etc
Balde - Pressure didnt get to him, Mentality was on show tonight best player on the park.
Kessie - title race winning team.
busquets - old guard done it all, weak mentality cant handle pressure anymore
roberto - ded food
Raphina - Relegation battle high pressure games carried leeds to safety - that's much more pressure than a tinpot cup.
Lewy - Played for bayern - won cl etc..
Gavi - Not a pressure issue but a mentality one

Didnt start so what ever:
Christensen - Key defender in CL wining run
Alba - mentality midget
Garcia - Should be sold
Ferran - Should be sold
cbf for the rest

2. agree for the most part.

Well, I agree with most of your post even though I specifically stated "a club of the stature of Barca" and didn't include a few of the players you stated there. But all in all, good post

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Well, I agree with most of your post even though I specifically stated "a club of the stature of Barca" and didn't include a few of the players you stated there. But all in all, good post

I know I didn't miss it, I just don't think it has as much of an impact. My outlook is if they're able to cope with the pressure of barca in other games then the stature of the club isn't the primary issue in a knockout competition. We can agree to disagree on that point as we'll never really know for sure.

Devils

Xavi winning the league will be like Roberto Di Matteo winning the CL. One time event that will never happen again with either manager ever managing a top team again.

The way he's been utterly outclassed and humiliated in cup competitions really shines light on him as a manager.

Grinding out 1-0 wins against Girona, Mallorca and Getafe proves nothing. Also him burning money on trash like Ferran Torres and renewing Roberto should be sackable offences by themselves.

jairzinho

What a shocking collapse. Haven't seen this type of meltdown since the Valgreen days and in our own stadium too. Shameful.

I agree, Xavi shouldn't be automatically renewed just based off of winning what is a pitiful league atm.

Hope Laporta and the board take a long hard look and make the right decision in the summer. Not just with Xavi but also with Busi, Bob and co.

Barcilliant

It's normal for young teams like ours full of youngsters to take time to build confidence and experience in these games. Especially when multiple main players are missing. It's all normal and obvious.

Lol, what a fucking fruitcake you are. You and INIESTAGOAT are the biggest clowns on the forum. It's never Xavis fault. It's always injuries,lack of depth, young players, squad depth, finances,referees.....blah, blah. WTF?? Every big fucking club faces most of these problems too. Yes, we still have baggage from that cunt Barto but for the love of God why would you hire someone from the Qatari league? He may be a legend but he had no experience in Europe. Total fucking amateur. Worse still, we will persist with this fool next season too and waste even more time. The league title is hollow. Only a fool would think we've turned a corner and we're ready for CL. Can't wait for us to get dumped from CL again with the two clowns making more excuses for Xavi.

iniestaGOAT

Lol, what a fucking fruitcake you are. You and INIESTAGOAT are the biggest clowns on the forum. It's never Xavis fault. It's always injuries,lack of depth, young players, squad depth, finances,referees.....blah, blah. WTF?? Every big fucking club faces most of these problems too. Yes, we still have baggage from that cunt Barto but for the love of God why would you hire someone from the Qatari league? He may be a legend but he had no experience in Europe. Total fucking amateur. Worse still, we will persist with this fool next season too and waste even more time. The league title is hollow. Only a fool would think we've turned a corner and we're ready for CL. Can't wait for us to get dumped from CL again with the two clowns making more excuses for Xavi.

I wil literally beat your ass man. Send me location. UFC rules. Lets go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans