Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim boogy

Tbh I think it would of been best if he left. Busquets, mascherano, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha should all be ahead of him. Can see him getting frustrated with such a limited role.

Cule4life

The Culest
Just hope him staying doesnt mean he pulls the strings like with Tata last year. Needs to have his wings clipped in that regard

F

Flavia

2014-07-24_REVISIONES_MEDICAS_04-Optimized.v1406189085.JPG

:wub:

Nuria is a lucky girl.

Galning

Tbh I think it would of been best if he left. Busquets, mascherano, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha should all be ahead of him. Can see him getting frustrated with such a limited role.

Busquets and Mascherano or defensive midfielders so that's pretty obvious. It's not like Luis Enrique will start Xavi at DM. And him & Lucho also talked about his role in the team so I don't think he'll be frustrated. If he explained it to him and they both agreed there's no reason to.

slim boogy

Busquets and Mascherano or defensive midfielders so that's pretty obvious. It's not like Luis Enrique will start Xavi at DM. And him & Lucho also talked about his role in the team so I don't think he'll be frustrated. If he explained it to him and they both agreed there's no reason to.

Of course they're not in direct comparison but luis may want to play with a double pivot with masch and busquets. Or push busquets into xavi role with masch playing busquets pivot role.

sumo

Of course they're not in direct comparison but luis may want to play with a double pivot with masch and busquets. Or push busquets into xavi role with masch playing busquets pivot role.

Yes, but Rakitic and Iniesta don't work in the playmaker role. So essentially, if Xavi had left, the playmaker role would fall to: Busquets, S.Roberto and Rafinha... that's a bit risky.

BerkeleyBernie

Here's how I think Xavi will be used: to shut games down when there is a lead, and there isn't a strong counterattack. I don't expect him to start often, especially not against deep-lying defenses.

I actually think his assist numbers will go up, if played in this way. First, if he comes on with a lead, opponents are less likely to be defending so deep. Second, Suarez up front is going to provide the best mobile target he's had in years, as well as better finishing.

Richard.H

He looks quite happy returning.

Like everyone else said, I really hope Lucho gives more minutes to Rafinha and Rakitic rather than Xavi. If he plays EVERY SINGLE GAME the full 90 minutes again, I'm seriously going to lose my faith in Lucho.

slim boogy

Yes, but Rakitic and Iniesta don't work in the playmaker role. So essentially, if Xavi had left, the playmaker role would fall to: Busquets, S.Roberto and Rafinha... that's a bit risky.

Woah hold on there. Iniesta and Rakitic don't work as playmakers? I'd have to disagree. Especially when it comes to Iniesta

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The part when he has the bane mask in "first we must pass sideways twenty times, the you have my permission to shoot".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans