Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Barcelona midfielder (33) Xavi has accepted an offer from American team New York Red Bulls to join them after the World Cup. [sky]

:shakeshead:

JamDav1982

NY Red Bulls love an old Barca player.

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

Is it def the NY Red Bulls and not the new New York (Man) City team?

Would much rather it was the NY Red Bulls.

iced1776

NY Red Bulls love an old Barca player.

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

Is it def the NY Red Bulls and not the new New York (Man) City team?

Would much rather it was the NY Red Bulls.

Definitely not the new Man City team. They do not play until the 2015 season and will likely be playing on a baseball field for their first few seasons. Red Bulls have a top class training facility and one of the nicest arenas in the league, not to mention his old teammate Henry.

Galning

@Llourinho 1h
Ya hay día de la muerte de Xavi. El día que vaya a jugar con el césped así con el NY. Parada cardiorrespiratoria.
BeDuvxJCAAAha4Q.jpg:large

:lol: It's true.

F

Flavia

833727375.jpg

If he plays tomorrow, he'll reach 700 matches for Barça :D
But I hope he reaches that number against Levante.
It also says in that cover that he almost signed for bayern(!) in 2008.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
There are at least 3 or 4 midfielders better than him right now.

Considering he's 34 in 10 days, that's still remarkably good, especially considering he plays a really mobile role that's very few players his age can fill.

BerkeleyBernie

Xavi is still a good player but hes a shadow of his former self.

Nonsense. Barça tactics have changed, and the tactics against Barça have changed. Xavi just plays a less statistically glamorous role in attack than he did when he provided more of the final balls. Because of the shift in tactics, he is more often further back in touches from the shot.

There are at least 3 or 4 midfielders better than him right now.

Considering he's 34 in 10 days, that's still remarkably good, especially considering he plays a really mobile role that's very few players his age can fill.

Correction: there are other excellent midfielders, but I still haven't seen a single one that can do what Xavi does. Thiago is developing that way, and Oliver Torres, perhaps Gündogan, but none of them can do what he does as well yet: providing that flawless pivot anywhere on the field, whenever it is needed.

Zuess99

I would say its a great move for him , I don't think he is the kind of player a coach would like to have and bench a lot. Its either he plays a lot or he leaves(can't be 2nd fiddle). That said , he might also be inspired by seedorf that he too can become a coach at barca in his 30s.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Nonsense. Barça tactics have changed, and the tactics against Barça have changed. Xavi just plays a less statistically glamorous role in attack than he did when he provided more of the final balls. Because of the shift in tactics, he is more often further back in touches from the shot.

Correction: there are other excellent midfielders, but I still haven't seen a single one that can do what Xavi does. Thiago is developing that way, and Oliver Torres, perhaps Gündogan, but none of them can do what he does as well yet: providing that flawless pivot anywhere on the field, whenever it is needed.

^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans