Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

Xavi made the right decision. I am now convinced he'll be a great coach one day since he showed to all of us that he makes his decisions with his brain and not his heart.

I am not sure if he'll be ready or not this summer but it would be stupid as fuck to take over in January when he can't make any signings and when it's basically impossible to raise physical level of the team.

He will come sooner or later and he will succeed here, I am almost sure of that.

Last edited:

jamrock

I think he will try to be a mini pep too much & fail at it.

He needs a year or two of just traveling meeting with the great minds of football that has a different view than his, learn from them try to implement is philosophy on a smaller scale & then take the step up.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Pep is a genius
Zidane is good, but also extremely lucky & even he had a season with the kids.
Lamps at the championship.

tacticvarium

I think he is probably waiting for Victor Font to take over the Board so he has the proper support and planning from the top just like Pep had Laporta-Txiki Begiristain-Ferran Soriano. Under the current Board, he won't be able to revolutionize the squad and get rid of complacent seniors even if he wants to.

Jadentheman

Timing is not good for a coach change in terms of it should of happened in Summer with a new coach identifying their transfer targets. But on the other hand, Barcelona are not currently in a (visible) crisis. Top of LaLiga, still in the CL with a decent 1/16 draw and in La Copa. If a coach is available and confident of their abilities then it is a golden opportunity for most.

For Xavi, I don't think he is ready (Guardiola had a year in B, Lampard had a year in Championship by contrast to recent successes) but if your going to take it in Summer then you might as well take it now. Work with the squad which pretty much selects itself with current injuries and profile the necessities for Summer.

Sticking with Ernie after the current leaks is a big mistake (he is no motivator), while an interim coach brings no one benefit on a sporting level. The board have boxed themselves into a corner really, as if your going to get a new manager then it should be for the next season and a half atleast.

Yep you basically destabilized the team. Valverde has now lost the locker room. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season goes.

snowy

Xavi made the right decision. I am now convinced he'll be a great coach one day since he showed to all of us that he makes his decisions with his brain and not his heart.

I am not sure if he'll be ready or not this summer but it would be stupid as fuck to take over in January when he can't make any signings and when it's basically impossible to raise physical level of the team.

He will come sooner or later and he will succeed here, I am almost sure of that.

Sure he'll come at some point as well but still think he could've joined immediately. Mercato is coming up so there's a chance to sign 2 good CBs + one attack focused midfielder to complement Arthur & Dej + there's also Puig & even Grizzi who can be used in MF

Not as worried as some about the wings. Demb is recovering and we've got Fati & Perez. Go 4 3 3 with Messi in CF, I know he won't like it but picture his perfect first touch and finishing on the receiving end of quality passes and you'll get tons of goals.

It's true conditioning won't improve overnight but the sooner you start working at it, the better. And it's not just the phys, Xavi could incorporate loads of drills to restore a faster, fluid Barca football. 1-2s, triangles and all sorts of new cool shapes lol Dude's a perfectionist! He'll have them perform so many drills till the passing and movement becomes automatic and players would know there mates positioning 3 moves in advance allowing for quick passes and runs into gaps.

Getting a head-start for next season will also help plan for the summer signings. If no Xavi or at least any tough interim coach to do the clean-up, we'll just get more of the same with players getting slower, lazier and more complacent. Cloudy with a chance of bombas! :eat:

JohnN

Xavi made the right call for himself. He is not ready and the timing is wrong. Unfortunate but this is the reality.

malvolio

Way more cases than Pep. Zidane one, Arteta another one. More and more managers make the step without having much experience.

Zidane and Arteta were assistant managers to Ancelotti and Pep respectively. So they did have some experience in coaching elite level european clubs.
Xavi doesn't even have that. He should either be head coach for a medium/small team or at least assistant manager to a top manager at a big team.
It is a good thing that he is not coming now as I feel it would kill his coaching career from the start. At least Zidane took over an already established team with great players and good motivation to win. Xavi would walk into a mess at the current Barcelona.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Only Pep coached well before getting a 1st team coaching position at Barcelona, Zidane was poor with RM's castilla. The one off is Pep but Xavi is cut from the same cloth, there is no guarantee of his success and I would prefer some experience in Europe but he led the greatest club team in football history & the most dominant NT in recent memory. Ready is not a question, more of when he will get his chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans