Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He criticized the fans today, but in a much more sober way than Alves.

“The fans are very result driven. We lost the Copa del Rey and the Champions League and the fans began to doubt us. We continue to work knowing what the fans expect from us.”

Can't say that he's wrong.

F

Flavia

“The fans are very result driven. We lost the Copa del Rey and the Champions League and the fans began to doubt us. We continue to work knowing what the fans expect from us.”

He is right. Most are result driven. Results matter, but the extent some of the criticism had was unfair to the players.

e28makaveli

Well, what should we be expecting? Results it is. This is still one of the best teams out there and for them not to show any significant achievement is enough reason for us the fans to complain. Complaining does not mean throwing the team under the bus.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but he actually indulged a journalists question about Valverde becoming Barca manager.

“They play in this style, a manager who has a good attacking system. It’s not my place to talk about future events.”

Still conservative enough not to say anything that could cause a problem, but he did make a comment on it. Interesting as that suggests that the manager for next season really is up for grabs and that there will be "future events".

Ursegor

World Champion
Sweet game, but I wish he screamed back at Tata instead of calmly taking the abuse.

Abuse? As far as I'm concerned this was the content of the conversation:

"You see this turtle on the pitch? Why the hell did I sub you off for him?! *jumps up and down furiously*

*Xavi nods in agreement*

L

linetty

"Why dafuq did you sub me off??"
"We need to score the fucking goal and not keep more possession!!"

BerkeleyBernie

When I saw that, to me it looked more like a discussion between the two of them about a third someone. :lol:

"Why do you pass it to Alves? You know he's going to just cross it to no one in the middle. It's a waste. Just move the ball back to the left."

:lol:

Yeah, can't really know what was said. It was some kind of tactical discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans