Xavi Hernández V2

ajnotkeith

He has a big problem on his hands if he can't make the squad play in a focused manner for 90 mins. The excuse of individual errors doesn't save the manager. You have to fix that of you're out. This is not United, where you get hundreds of millions to exchange all the players you don't want anymore and bring 6-7 new expensive toys to replace them.

He is gonna be sacked at this rate if these types of performances appear again next season, after we were supposed to have turned the page months ago.
He would be much less successful at United than he has been here.

fergus90

The logical thing would be to sack him at the end of the season to allow a new manager to spend the limited budget on players he thinks he needs and gives him the summer to build rapport with the squad.

But Barcelona have no strategy anymore, they will stick with Xavi, act surprised when things don’t change and end up employing Marquez around November.

ajnotkeith

The logical thing would be to sack him at the end of the season to allow a new manager to spend the limited budget on players he thinks he needs and gives him the summer to build rapport with the squad.

But Barcelona have no strategy anymore, they will stick with Xavi, act surprised when things don’t change and end up employing Marquez around November.
Imagine another top club coping with this leave and rejoin and leave and rejoin rubbish from an underperforming manager... would never happen.

serghei

He would be much less successful at United than he has been here.

I don't care much to play the "if" game. He is here, not at United, with this squad, and limited ability to improve it. If he can't wake up the players, he needs to go and bring in someone that can do that for the short term at least.

Even if that means replacing the manager every 1-2 seasons.

When finances improve, the players who can't keep up a good form for more than 1 season, and alternate good performances with shite ones, need to go.

ajnotkeith

I don't care much to play the "if" game. He is here, not at United, with this squad, and limited ability to improve it. If he can't wake up the players, he needs to go and bring in someone that can do that for the short term at least.
You are referencing United as a way to suggest hes having a tough situation and not like Uniteds managers who have such an easy time. They dont and his situation here isnt as bad as made out in spite of less funds than usual.
The important thing isn't only results (which have been bad enough) but a clear direction and plan for the teams project which has been missing for 3 seasons.

BJJ

Exactly.

People talk about money but look how much money Xavi has cost us. Levers pulled for him , CL group exits, El league exits, no CDR and maybe Girona will pip us to second place. That's all money down the drain thanks to Laporta and
this incompetent fool.

serghei

You are referencing United as a way to suggest hes having a tough situation and not like Uniteds managers who have such an easy time. They dont and his situation here isnt as bad as made out in spite of less funds than usual.
The important thing isn't only results (which have been bad enough) but a clear direction and plan for the teams project which has been missing for 3 seasons.

Referencing United because they have the money to add players and upgrade the squad, while we don't. Situations at United and Barcelona are similar, except for money issue which can't be any more different.

BJJ

Yep, there's no plan. He's just winging it and so is Laporta. Time for a professional, external stakeholder to take a 49 percent share in the club or we are doomed. This isn't hyperbole, its fact

ajnotkeith

Referencing United because they have the money to add players and upgrade the squad, while we don't. Situations at United and Barcelona are similar, except for money issue which can't be any more different.
Not at all and they are in a far far worse position than Barcelona is.

serghei

Not at all and they are in a far far worse position than Barcelona is.

My comment was that we can't replace players like United because we have far less options due to FFP issues. So the manager will have to largely work with the same squad next season, at best. Simply factual.

ajnotkeith

My comment was that we can't replace players like United because we have far less options due to FFP issues. So the manager will have to largely work with the same squad next season, at best. Simply factual.
There is room for replacement, but not without selling. The squad is very valuable and if you feel it isnt performing to a high level then a mass rebuild should be done.

serghei

There is room for replacement, but not without selling. The squad is very valuable and if you feel it isnt performing to a high level then a mass rebuild should be done.

Squad is not very valuable. I think I made that clear many times where I stand on this.

If Araujo plays like shit constantly, he should be benched. But then you have likes of Inigo Martinez who's two times worse.

Can we sign an actual good right back, and another top defender, while keeping Kounde and Araujo?

You make them sit on the bench when they perform poorly, and it will do wonders for their motivation.

Everyone is too comfortable here because they have no competition really. What is Kounde's competition at RB if he fucks up? Roberto? :lol: Please...

BJJ

Imo we need to sell. It's the only way we change the dynamic and maybe bring a bit of financial stability. Alot of the players have simply not delivered and are experienced enough.
Look at De Jong. He's been good at times, great occasionally but he's not driving the club forward and he's been here fir a long time.
Look at Araujo. He's regressing. If there's a decent offer for Roque, sell. In the current situation we can only hold onto those who are performing or those with real potential. The rest have to go and not on loan.

ajnotkeith

Squad is not very valuable. I think I made that clear many times where I stand on this.

If Araujo plays like shit constantly, he should be benched. But then you have likes of Inigo Martinez who's two times worse.

Can we sign an actual good right back, and another top defender, while keeping Kounde and Araujo?

You make them sit on the bench when they perform poorly, and it will do wonders for their motivation.

Everyone is too comfortable here because they have no competition really. What is Kounde's competition at RB if he fucks up? Roberto? :lol: Please...
I do not agree... I think the players who you think are crap would net very high fees. If theyre not good enough we should cash in and buy much better players whilst they still have a market, yes?

BJJ

Barca fans tend to look more favourably on technical skill but it's time we look at players with the right mentality. Sick of seeing the team fold under the slightest adversity.

Home of Barca Fans