Xavi hails "brilliant" Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach, Xavi Hernandez hailed his squad for being "brilliant" against Atletico Madrid, and said his red card was "unfair".

Catalan team played maybe their best game of the season in the Metropolitano and kept Xavi's perfect record against Simeone's team.

"We've been brilliant. It was a game similar to the one against Napoli. Robert [Lewandowski] has been very active. Fermin [Lopez], João [Felix] ... We found the third man. It was an ideal match of our philosophy of play. The work we did went perfectly."

"The idea was to put Gundogan in as a midfielder on the right, but Christensen had some discomfort. We chose Fermin because he attacks the spaces very well. Gundo at the base of midfield also gives us a lot. He always sees the free man. He's a perfect match in positional play."

"The least important thing is the sending-off. The fourth official told me it's because of the gestures [I made]. I make gestures because I'm passionate. The sending off was unnecessary and unfair, but the important thing is the team."

Last edited:

Messigician

Barca coach, Xavi Hernandez hailed his squad for being "brilliant" against Atletico Madrid, and said his red card was "unfair".

Catalan team played maybe their best game of the season in the Metropolitano and kept Xavi's perfect record against Simeone's team.
Good press conference for once

Home of Barca Fans