Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

• Yes

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I meant against rm. Not atletico.

Sorry Flavia, I have no idea what you're talking about.

they represent an entire group of people.

That's not an excuse to me, I wouldn't throw a game no matter how much I hated another team.

but I bet if you ran this poll on a Catalan site 90% plus would vote yes.

Cool? The majority here voted yes too, doesn't change my opinion in the slightest.

Sorry we are not as perfect as you.

No idea where you're getting this from, I haven't tried to imply or say anything of the sort.

You may be cool with Madrid supporters waving banners of thank you barca, I'm not.

They're flags. They're strips of cloth. Why the hell does that upset you? The fans say worse things every game, no matter who won La Liga. Why don't we just injure all the Real players every time we play them, why don't we hire someone to put some crap in their food so they get food poisoning before games, why don't we get our assistant manager to poke their coach in the eye so we can't see properly, why don't we throw pigs' heads at them when they're taking corners? Still better than letting them wave fucking flags, am I right?

F

Flavia

Sorry Flavia, I have no idea what you're talking about.
You were talking about people complaning when pepe tries to murder a barça player, or cr diving. And my reply was that the only time Barça has to be "morally superior" is in the pitch, when playing against them. There isn't any other time to do so, anyway. But winning a meaningless game to give them a title? If there is no chance of the title being ours? No way.

Kerrybai

@Semi, I think the issue here is you don't hate Madrid enough. Everton fans would do the same to Liverpool, Lazio to Rome ( as xmg pointed out ) Boca to River Plate, Celtic to Rangers.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah, there are a lot Everton fans who would rather miss out on CL than have Liverpool win the league. To local fans, rivalries are very big things.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You were talking about people complaning when pepe tries to murder a barça player, or cr diving. And my reply was that the only time Barça has to be "morally superior" is in the pitch, when playing against them.

I want my team to be morally superior every single game, not just in Clasicos. If Pepe made his criminal fouls against every team but Barcelona, would he suddenly be a likeable player? If Ronaldo dived and flipped and flopped his way to winning Real every competition but made sure to be very courteous when coming up against Dani and Pique, would that be OK by you? We don't just hate on those players when they do it against Barca, we do it every single game they play. It should be no different on our end either.

But winning a meaningless game to give them a title?

I'm sorry, but a game against direct rivals who knocked us out of the CL, who we've played 6(?) times and haven't won cannot be described as meaningless.

khorne

It's probably hard to understand, when you're not really a supporter, and don't hate the biggest rival. Fair play, in this particular case, means nothing to me.
I won't be hypocritical and pretend I would be ok that Barça winning would mean rm winning la liga, for fair play reasons, when they have none towards Barça. The hell with that :p

First of all, different opinions are cool, and i arguing about whose are better is pointless. I have to say though, your first sentence is a bit irritating to me, so i will give you mine:

I am a fan of barca because i enjoy watching football being played on a very skillfull, masterclass level. I've been playing football myself since i was a small kid and so i can appreciate the art of what this team has shown on the highest level of competition. this is what sets them apart from other very good teams, and that's why i support them. Hate is something that should have no place in any person's life under normal circumstances. you can hate the murderer of your parents, but emotions like this should never be in sports. sports whether you are active or a supporter is about positive things like joy, passion or self improvement.
as for real madrid, they are our biggest domestic rival, and i won't cheer when they win the title. I prefer atleti to win it this year, because it breaks the routine and simeone and the squad have made a fantastic effort all the year. but if every club gives everything till the last day, and at the end real is ahead, they are the champions, end of story. to throw a game just to spite them has nothing to do with sports.
you say to hell with fair play because the others are not fair towards us, but other teams do not factor into this. If they don't want to do it, that's their cup of coffee. I'm only interested in barca and i want my team and my players to being able to enjoy every victory as being earned fair and square and to look themselves in the mirror in the morning

again this is not to preach to anyone. i just didn't like the sentiment that real supporters need to hate their rival and i wanted to explain why. cheers

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
There is nothing at stake except doing a massive f you at Real

There is our reputation at stake, both in terms of throwing a game and in terms of a footballing force (the end of an era and is Barcelona even good nonsense has already started up again). And "doing a massive f you at Real" is not the reason I watch this team.

Everton fans would do the same to Liverpool, Lazio to Rome ( as xmg pointed out ) Boca to River Plate, Celtic to Rangers.

Again, that all those people would do it doesn't change my opinion in the slightest. I find lots of things football fans do and think to be distasteful, so I'll add another to the list.

I think the issue here is you don't hate Madrid enough.

No, it's that I don't hate anyone "enough", in anything, not just football. I would never sacrifice my personal integrity to spite someone I dislike, I would never receive more pleasure from someone else losing than from me winning, no matter how shiny the trophy at stake is.

footyfan

Calma, calma
First of all, different opinions are cool, and i arguing about whose are better is pointless. I have to say though, your first sentence is a bit irritating to me, so i will give you mine:

I am a fan of barca because i enjoy watching football being played on a very skillfull, masterclass level. I've been playing football myself since i was a small kid and so i can appreciate the art of what this team has shown on the highest level of competition. this is what sets them apart from other very good teams, and that's why i support them. Hate is something that should have no place in any person's life under normal circumstances. you can hate the murderer of your parents, but emotions like this should never be in sports. sports whether you are active or a supporter is about positive things like joy, passion or self improvement.
as for real madrid, they are our biggest domestic rival, and i won't cheer when they win the title. I prefer atleti to win it this year, because it breaks the routine and simeone and the squad have made a fantastic effort all the year. but if every club gives everything till the last day, and at the end real is ahead, they are the champions, end of story. to throw a game just to spite them has nothing to do with sports.
you say to hell with fair play because the others are not fair towards us, but other teams do not factor into this. If they don't want to do it, that's their cup of coffee. I'm only interested in barca and i want my team and my players to being able to enjoy every victory as being earned fair and square and to look themselves in the mirror in the morning

again this is not to preach to anyone. i just didn't like the sentiment that real supporters need to hate their rival and i wanted to explain why. cheers

Really well said :beer2: We share the exact same sentiments regarding sport and hate.

Kerrybai

@Semi, you mention the end of an era etc. Beating AM at home won't stop people from saying that. Madrid winning will boost Ronaldo's chance of another Ballon Dor. It also makes them the best team in Spain. You don't have to hate them, but most Cules born and bred in Barcelona do. I want Atletico to win over them, so if we just happen to play a little bit average and not give 100% then so be it. I don't want Madrid lifting another trophy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we lose to Atletico, would it even be a suprise? I mean, they're a great side whom we have played 5-6 times this season with every single match except one ending up with a draw and the only one with a result to either side ended in their favour.

Even if we lose voluntarily then people won't actually have anything to say considering our record against them season.

Stric

If we lose to Atletico, would it even be a suprise? I mean, they're a great side whom we have played 5-6 times this season with every single match except one ending up with a draw and the only one with a result to either side ended in their favour.

Even if we lose voluntarily then people won't actually have anything to say considering our record against them season.

This is the main point.

We haven't beaten them once this year. If we lost, it wouldn't be a surprise, and we probably wouldn't have to do anything on our own to make it happen.

Home of Barca Fans