Would you like to see Ozil come to Barca?

Would you like Ozil to come to Barca?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 70 86.4%

• Total voters

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well, yes. They're definitely more talented if you refer to their technical ability, but their former NTs have all been full of quality players. Players with the right mentality, tactical knowledge, effective players and, this is often overlooked, good technique.

In 2006 they had PODOLSKI and KLOSE who were superb. They were fantastic that year, I'd argue that they were better than France. They had Ballack, Lahm, Schweinsteiger. They had Oliver Kahn in 2002. But yes, this year they have more offensive young talents than in a long time, but except for Hummels and Lahm (and Neuer) their defence isn't that good. It's not better than previous years.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Wait, Klose ahead of Gomez. That'd be a big decision. I mean, Klose is an NT legend, but it's hard to look past Super Mario's relentless form over the past few years. Would Lowe really prefer Klose?
To me it is very obvious that Löw always preferred Klose over Gomez. It was still natural to play Gomez instead when Klose was in horrible form at his late Bayern days, but now that hes doing good again in Lazio he will be the starter quite surely. Löw needs a false 9, someone with disciplined defensive work, also good on the ball and setting up for others (mostly the wingers). Klose is better at this than Gomez. And i would even say he is better at fulfilling a more traditional center role as he is also the better header.

Btw, also van Gaal had that preferation. Klose was just plain horrible there, which made Gomez come in again.

And I believe Lowe has been experimenting with this 4-1-4-1 formation in some recent friendlies, hence why I was led to believe it'd become the preferred formation at least in the easier group games. But maybe he'll stick with the safer, more conservative 4-2-3-1 in the Euros.
I really dont think so. While its always debatable were to position the deep playmaker (in one line with the wingers and the AM or with the holding MF), Löw however never did w/out a natural holding midfielder llike Khedira, Rolfes or the Benders - not even vs the Ukraine when we were 2 behind. So i really dont expect that to happen, unless for the lategame when behind.

Regarding Ozil: I accept that, based on his NY form, there's no reason to drop him. But I somehow feel that the decision to make him the fulcrum of the team might come back to haunt Germany. He is talented, of course, but has suspect stamina and doesn't seem like the kind of player who rises to the big occasion. He has been found wanting in all the big games he played with Maadrid and Germany, and even with Werder Bremen (although he was too young back then and probably shouldn't be judged on it).
Well, he was good vs England and Argentina in the WC ... big games i would say. He choked vs Spain, but he hardly got the ball there and this is what he needs for his game. Thats also why you hardly see him vs Barca.

Yeah, I know Favre is a quality coach and turned the team's fortunes around. But I can't really imagine Gladbach avoiding what seemed like certain relegation if Reus wasn't with them. I wouldn't say it was just because of Reus, but he's a big reason why they stayed up and are now in the top 5. No doubt that Favre has improved their defensive discipline and found a way to make the most of the players at his disposa, but I can't really seem them as a contender for the top spots without Reus.
The wouldnt prolly be 5th w/out him, but surely not in a relegation spot imo. They still have Arango and Herrmann doing great in the creative and offensive departement. Also Hanke stepped up huge under Favre.

Der Kaiser

but except for Hummels and Lahm (and Neuer) their defence isn't that good. It's not better than previous years.

... and Badstuber! he's having a great year at bayern apparently (can't follow this year's bundesliga as I'm in australia). so that's 3/4 defenders who are already excellent. now all we need is another fullback, left or right as lahm can play both sides, and we're set for the euros.

I also doubt that Low will play the 4-1-4-1. it's a shame that we can only play 1 AM (1 out of Ozil, Goetze and Kroos... damn!) but we need a DM next to Schweinsteiger so he doesn't have too many defensive duties and can be the deep playmaker.

messi1987

Are you kidding me? Ozil to reial?? Never he is a piece of shit and i think he is really not as good as many people see him! And i say this although i a m a german!

E

Eto1ES

II

Ozil could really be of some use in the catering activities of the Camp Nou.

yes I agree no place for him in CN except for catering.
but probably you are closer to work in catering activities then he's ever gone be :lol:

barcajkt

What a thread. I don't know Ozil was massively underrated here until now.
As he's been improved so much this season & being Madrid's man of the match in their last 2 games againts us, maybe some of you change your mind by now, maybe not necessarily because we badly need him, but to weaken Madrid and just so he wouldn't be a torn for us in the next 5 - 7 years.

Anyway, I personally would love to have Ozil at Barca. Kind of wish we signed him at summer 2010, but oh well. I watched Bundesliga a bit and liked to watch Bremen when they still had Diego. Ozil was really young back then but already showed his class and he shone even brigther after Diego left and basically carried that team that they didn't even feel Diego left. So many thought he's a nobody before the world cup 2010. The truth is he's been great since 2 years before that.

When he moved to Madrid, most never expected him to do so amazingly well with all the pressure, the little patience, and the fierce competition within that team. Even with successful first season, many still didn't rate him, using the big game card and use his performance againts Spain and us as references even though the only games he trully flop was the one againts Spain and the 5-0 lost. He's great when came on in the last 30 minutes againts in the draw at Bernabeu, so was in the final CDR. At Mestalla, I remember him setting chances after chances to Ronaldo and also Pepe in the first half when Madrid dominating.

But the turning point was definitely this season where he really took it to the next level, starting from scoring againts us in supercopa, I guess that gave him a lot of confidence. I was really impressed by his last 2 games againts us, defensively as well, & he played full game too in those games. His assist to Ronaldo in the last game basically decided the title. If there's still any doubt about his ability to make a difference in big games or his endurance to play 90 minutes, it should be dissapear by now. Even when eliminated by Bayern he was the one that kept Madrid a live until the penalty shout out with his goal in first leg and his assist in the second leg. He is trully a apecial player, Madrid is lucky to have him and I hate Madrid, really hope he's playing anywhere else but Madrid just so I can cheer for him without at the same time hating the consequence (him helping Madrid).

How some of you thought Kroos or Gotze should start ahead of him as Germany main AM is beyond me. Gotze had one nice season and that's it, people can speculate about how much potential he had but it is nothing when he's up againts Ozil who's just as talented if not better and already proved his talent at the highest level with the NT and with Madrid as well. So is his mental strength. One couldn't perform with Madrid week in and week out with big name player breathing on their neck without a rock solid mentality. He was also the star of the series of Germany NT games during qualification and friendly before the Euro 2012. Kroos was ahead of Gotze this season, but still not at Ozil's level, he was also a different kind of playmaker than Ozil as he's more like Xavi while Ozil's more like Iniesta. With the way Low set up his team and deplot his AM, Ozil was by far the most fit & in form guy to play that role. Kroos would have a better chance competing with Bastian rather than with Ozil. If anyone in German NT team bar Neuer & Lahm already had his place booked in starting XI already, it would be Ozil & righfully so. He's already the main man in German NT. Funny that it seemed whatever he did never seem to be enough for the doubters and any emerging talent who havent't done nothing even close to him is suppose to have more potential than him.

As much as I like him & would like to have him with open arm, I don't think we should have him. We have Thiago and Fabregas and one of them will suffer with Ozil in the equation to compete, while Xavi and Iniesta will still be the main man too, though I could see him starting on the flank, Ozil & Messi upfront will combine beautifully.

Last edited:

hellsangel1

I'd trade Cesc for Ozil. There's no way RM win the league title without mesut. He's the only creative playmaker that Real have. Cristiano is not good at creating for others. There's no way Real\s frontline score that many goals without ozil\s help. The last time we beat Real was in the first leg of the copa del ray and i don't think it's a coincidence that mesut didn't start that game. he's really made his mark in the subsequent classicos.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I'd trade Cesc for Ozil. There's no way RM win the league title without mesut. He's the only creative playmaker that Real have. Cristiano is not good at creating for others. There's no way Real\s frontline score that many goals without ozil\s help. The last time we beat Real was in the first leg of the copa del ray and i don't think it's a coincidence that mesut didn't start that game. he's really made his mark in the subsequent classicos.
Kaka.

hellsangel1

Ozil is the only effective playmaker that Real have.

How many important matches did kaka start in? He's only a bit-part part player for RM who gets dropped for the important games. He only shows flashes what he once had and has clearly lost a step due to all the injuries he has suffered.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
How many important matches did kaka start in? He's only a bit-part part player for RM who gets dropped for the important games. He only shows flashes what he once had and has clearly lost a step due to all the injuries he has suffered.
He still has it if he plays regularly he might become his old self again.

Home of Barca Fans