World Cup 2018

serghei

Is this the only England game you've watched at this tournament? Because we've dominated possession in every game we've played apart from this one and the B team friendly against Belgium which was roughly even. This is the only game we've sought to play on the counter.

It's a bit hard not to dominate possession vs Panama, Tunisia, Sweden, Colombia. All inferior teams basically. First serious team they played in the knockout stage England went out. Russia and Denmark did better than England actually vs Croatia.

JamDav1982

Colombia was without their best player, and even so, England barely had any chances and scored from a penalty kick. A rather dull game with no real chances decided by pens.

Irrelvant that Colombia were without their best player England had more of the ball and more attempts at goal as they did in every game bar this one that they tried to win.

You are wrong claiming they sat in and played on break.

West Saxon

Why all the hate towards this England team?

I swear, some football snobs would be happy to just have France, Brazil, Spain and Germany in the semi-finals every World Cup.

JamDav1982

It's a bit hard not to dominate possession vs Costa Rica, Tunisia, Sweden, Colombia. All inferior teams basically.

Thats not the point though is it?

The point is they didnt play they way you claimed for some strange reason.

Crotia have played inferior teams in every match. So to did Germany and went out. Spain went out to one.

England didnt and had a good tournament playing decent football.

Judoman

There are few high impact games, where teams play beautiful football. France plays boring football. It brings results. I doubt French ppl care.

serghei

Irrelvant that Colombia were without their best player England had more of the ball and more attempts at goal as they did in every game bar this one that they tried to win.

You are wrong claiming they sat in and played on break.

Having more of the ball doesn't mean much if you don't do anything with it. And it's not irrelevant that Colombia was without their no1 playmaker. This impacted their attacking game in a great manner. Don't remember clear chances England had in that game. Remember it was a bore fest with no chances almost. Best thing about that game was it ended in a pk shootout.

Only convincing game vs a decent team England had was the 2-0 win vs Sweden. That's it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good whilst it lasted, the country has been going mental for a few weeks now and was nice to restore faith in the NT. Thanks Southgate and the team.

All in all we weren't good enough to progress. We work hard and give it are all but lack quality in every area. Sterling, Henderson, Walker, Stones, Young etc Good enough against the lesser teams but poor when against quality opposition. Kane had a stinker. Thought Maguire, Alli and especially Lingard played well tonight.

Good luck Croatia in the final.

Hope France win.

You guys did well consider how young and inexperienced your squad is. Full of energy in the first half but gave up the midfield in the second half to allow Croatia to plunder you, I think that is attributed to the lack of experience on both the manager and the players. Hopefully you can build upon this squad and get better. Better luck next time!

Morten

I swear, some football snobs would be happy to just have France, Brazil, Spain and Germany in the semi-finals every World Cup.

Believe me, the only reason im taking the piss is due to the aanglophilia in my own country, im happy England are out so the fanboys can shut up.
England winning the world cup would have been unbearable here, nothing personal with you guys, im just tired of the fanboys over here.

JamDav1982

Having more of the ball doesn't mean much if you don't do anything with it. Don't remember clear chances England had in that game. Remember it was a bore fest with no chances almost. Best thing about that game was it ended in a pk shootout.

It means they were not sitting in trying to hit teams on break as you claimed.

Wasnt boring to me. Some very exciting games.

England had a good tournament and credit to Croatia to beating them to get to final.

Givenchy

they see our media bragging and get angry about it.. what they don't realize is usually the media are against our national team from the get go, it was a nice change this world cup to see everyone united. then you have the people who think all England fans are bastions for the 'overrated' PL fanboys, pretty sad stuff.

I'm proud of the team tonight, we got alot further than anyone expected

serghei

It means they were not sitting in trying to hit teams on break as you claimed.

Wasnt boring to me. Some very exciting games.

England had a good tournament and credit to Croatia to beating them to get to final.

I meant against good teams. Only a brain dead team would sit back vs low level opponents. But as soon as they faced a serious opponent they sat back.

And you're trying to make the Colombia game something it wasn't. 1-1 was a just result, both teams cancelled each other out in a game of no chances and stale possession.

Btw possession was 48-52. Some domination. Basically teams played the same way. Low creativity, good defensive and heavy emphasis on set pieces. No wonder both goals came after set pieces (corner and penalty for England, corner for Colombia).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I meant against good teams. Only a brain dead team would sit back vs low level opponents. But as soon as they faced a serious opponent they sat back.

Aye so changing your argument.

Thought so.

If course teams play deeper against better sides.

England had a good tournament and beat what was put on front of them more than many other 'top' sides.

Jenks

It's a bit hard not to dominate possession vs Panama, Tunisia, Sweden, Colombia. All inferior teams basically. First serious team they played in the knockout stage England went out. Russia and Denmark did better than England actually vs Croatia.

Very gracious of you to concede that you were wrong, and that we have not in fact played on the counter throughout this tournament.

vlad

Now all the pressure is on france, they are expected to be in finals, they already lost euro final against inferior squad, they are in fear that this doesnt happen again, while we are living our dream and we will play without pressure, calmly, and we can win it

Home of Barca Fans