World Cup 2018

D10S91

I don't even know if it's worth it to qualify somehow from the group and then be thrashed by France.

nah, worst case scenario would be Argentina going out in the group with Messi scoring 0 goals, I'm already seeing people bringing up Messi not scoring in 2 WC or in the knockout stages.. Only thing that could be worse for Messi is getting trashed by Ronaldo and Portugal in the QF..

France is not trashing anyone I think, if Argentina can cause an upset there who knows what that will lead to. They just need to get out of the group stages(with Messi preferably scoring) and hope for the best, Portugal didn't look good in the group stages of the euros either.

BenRobbins

The smaller nations defend and press so well but when they final get a chance they aren't clinical enough. Such as shame, Would make games 10x better if they started taking their chances.

pregra

Marcelo is pretty shit for Brazil compared to Madrid. Looks like he’s suddenly lost all his technical ability.

eaman

I hope Argentina get knocked out, they are such a dirty side. Sad to see Messi in this horrible team.

If you care in any way about Messi you wouldn't be hoping for that. It doesn't matter what would happen in the knockouts. Going out in the group stage would hurt Messi more than losing heavily to France. I would like to see Messi score a few in this tournament including the knockouts.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
This being the first game after the train wreck yesterday makes Paulinho seem like Prime Xavi compared to those Argentine players

Home of Barca Fans