World Cup 2018

JamDav1982

I'll disregard anything you say, because you clearly are a Ronaldo fanboy.

You stated in another topic that Messi doesn't get man marked and gets as much space as Ronaldo. lol

Tell me this, has Ronaldo played against a team that plays 10 men at the back in this World Cup yet?

Aye clearly a Ronaldo fan boy right enough.

Calm down snowflake.

Good disregard away. Couldnt care less.

I said Ronaldo plays in a different way to Messi and Neymar and as about movement off ball cant slow him down with multiple players in same way.

100% my opinion and not a slight on either of them. Just facts.

Devils

Godin and Giminez are a great pairing though. Jealous of Atletico.

Those two will be the key to Uruguay's success in this competition.

xxxxxx

Aye clearly a Ronaldo fan boy right enough.

Calm down snowflake.

Good disregard away. Couldnt care less.

I said Ronaldo plays in a different way to Messi and Neymar and as about movement off ball cant slow him down with multiple players in same way.

100% my opinion and not a slight on either of them. Just facts.

Not facts. Ronaldo plays in counter-attacking teams, in which he can rest for most of that match.... and he can pick his moments to move off the ball in attack. As I said, he plays in a team that suits his style.

With Messi, he plays in a system where he has to drop deep and pick up the ball. And most of the teams that play against Messi stick 8 to 10 men behind the ball. Now that's facts.

FCBfan22

Godin and Giminez are a great pairing though. Jealous of Atletico.

Those two will be the key to Uruguay's success in this competition.

I doubt that great defending will be enough. They can't bring the ball to Suarez and Cavani. They look like they play 4 DM's in midfield and are constantly skipping the transition into attacking third.

Wouldn't be surprised if Russia beats them.

Neymessi

I backed them in Euros as thought they looked decent value but dont see it all now.

Dont think stats really are flattering him, could have a few assists if others were providing more.

The second v Spain was lucky though.

Not arguing but just curious, how did portugal look decent for you? They were shite in group stages and came 3rd in a group with not a single good team and were lucky that top 3 teams qualified that particular year in that particular group also (insane luck)

JamDav1982

Not arguing but just curious, how did portugal look decent for you? They were shite in group stages and came 3rd in a group with not a single good team and were lucky that top 3 teams qualified that particular year in that particular group also (insane luck)

Battered Iceland and Hungary but couldnt score then draw opened up for them.

Dont agree they were lucky three teams qualified as they played knowing those rules.

JamDav1982

Not facts. Ronaldo plays in counter-attacking teams, in which he can rest for most of that match.... and he can pick his moments to move off the ball in attack. As I said, he plays in a team that suits his style.

With Messi, he plays in a system where he has to drop deep and pick up the ball. And most of the teams that play against Messi stick 8 to 10 men behind the ball. Now that's facts.

I agree. Both teams play to the strengths of their best player.

Facts.

Messi cant play on counter or on end of crosses like Ronaldo and Ronaldo cant build up play or take ball in tight spaces like Messi.

Teams based on Messi will pass more slowly and not have threat on ball as much. More likely teams sit deep.

Teams based on Ronaldo are not going to open teams up as much with intricate play through the middle.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans