Willian

Truthist

He hasnt been ineffective though.

I think he has and I watch a lot of Chelsea games. He looks good on the eyes until he has to make a decision. He's no leader for sure and his stats prove a career of mediocrity. He wasn't even guaranteed a place in the Chelsea anymore either.

JamDav1982

I think he has and I watch a lot of Chelsea games. He looks good on the eyes until he has to make a decision. He's no leader for sure and his stats prove a career of mediocrity. He wasn't even guaranteed a place in the Chelsea anymore either.

I watch Chelsea as well and he was one of their most effective players this season and probably their best player couple seasons prior to that.

Stats dont show a career of mediocrity either.

JamDav1982

I would rather sign no winger at all before i pay Chelsea 80M for Willian if you really think there is no other solution.

Well the club think a winger is needed and assuming they think that and looking for that who do you suggest rather than Willian?

Ritchie

Why sign another 30 year old? You're left with Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Alba, Pique, Willian all getting old together over the next couple of seasons and then worth nothing but all needing to be replaced in a short space of time (as has just happened with Iniesta and Mascherano). That's more than half the team. At least we've signed young centre backs who can replace Masch and Pique long term and a lot of money on Coutinho to replace Iniesta.

That's a lot more investment needed to replace all these. That 80 million on Willian should be going on a Suarez replacement.

Last edited:

Truthist

I watch Chelsea as well and he was one of their most effective players this season and probably their best player couple seasons prior to that.

Stats dont show a career of mediocrity either.

Lol he was in and out of the side most of the season. Conte began to see through his role as the guy who 'works hard for the team' and rightly kept dropping him. Yes, when he came back into the side he put in a few decent performances to prove a point but it's always few and far between with him. It's interesting the only coaches who show interest in him are the 2 most defensive around.

Ps. His career is a textbook definition of mediocrity.

Ritchie

Lol he was in and out of the side most of the season. Conte began to see through his role as the guy who 'works hard for the team' and rightly kept dropping him. Yes, when he came back into the side he put in a few decent performances to prove a point but it's always few and far between with him. It's interesting the only coaches who show interest in him are the 2 most defensive around.

Might as well get Pedro back instead.

JamDav1982

He started majority of games and biggest ones and was one of their most effective players.

PS. It doesnt.

JamDav1982

Pedro is totally different player, poorer player, has been worse for Chelsea and older.

Was great in time at Barca but thankfully wont come even close to happening.

ASordidGod

He started majority of games and biggest ones and was one of their most effective players.

PS. It doesnt.

Not the FA cup final he didn't. Look, Willian's a good player but a ridiculous and depressing signing no matter how you try and spin it. He was Chelsea's best player a few years back for like six months when Mourinho had alienated everyone else, was brilliant against us admittedly (But so is any half decent ball carrier, we're so open), but beyond that has done nothing to even get close to being good enough for us/worth the prices speculated. Hell, even this world cup Douglas Costa looked far the superior player, which isn't to suggest we should/or even could sign him, but at least that would make SENSE. I'm so sick of being baffled by our rumoured signings, y'know? Or even worse when as with Willian I'm not, as you just know it means another season of 442.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans