Will Espanyol lose intentionally to Real?

Will Espanyol lose intentionally?

• Yes

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Having seen the other thread prompted me to start this one. And knowing Espanyol connection with scums from the capital and their hate towards Barca...

Leo_Messi

That should not even be a question. They might fight a bit if they still have a theoretical chance of finishing 7th. Chances of that are slim.

Irrelevant as RM won't lose any points in the league this season.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Nah,they have a shot at the 7th and we're going to beat them anyways so I don't care.

Icarium

Lifestealer
They don't need to lose intentionally, they are ASSpanyol for fucks sake. They will get a royal thrashing.

Leo_Messi

They are thugs, of course they will. What Catalan club names itself Espanyol? lol

Catalans are a minority within Catalonia contrary to popular belief among foreigners. Most locals originate from other parts of Spain or are a mixture of Spaniards (read people from other parts of Spain) and local Catalans. So nothing strange about that.

It's very common to have a Spanish (read surname originating from other areas of Spain other than Catalonia) surname and a local Catalan surname. In Spain the surnames of both of your parents are traditionally used. For instance Hernández y/i Creus.

Players such as Xavi, Valdés, Montoya, Roberto etc. are actually originally (or their fathers at least) from other parts of Spain. Evident by their surnames.

Catalonia welcomed a very large number of migrants from other pats of Spain (mainly Andalucía) at the turn of the 20th century but also long before that period. Many of their descendants nowadays regard themselves as Catalan though.

Add to that migration outside of Spain entirely which has also been numerous in recent years.

Spain is a really mixed country in this regard and is what makes the country so rich. All Iberians though although some are really hellbent at creating overblown differences when the reality is that there are not that many at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So the followers/fans of Espanyol in Barcelona are Castilian Spanish as opposed to Catalans for Barça?

Home of Barca Fans