Why are you a Barcelona fan?

Faceless

No more faces at night
I'm a barca fan because barca taught me the true meaning of football, the beautiful game. Truly, més que un club...

belletti

Pep Guardiola, one of my fav players growing up also enjoyed watching Ronaldo, Kluivert, Figo , Stoichkov and Rivaldo. When he was confirmed as manager it made me like the club even more

Last edited:

ebc_99

I can't remember exactly why, but it started in the mid 90s. I have photos at home of me in Barca kits when I was 7 or 8 and I have always loved them from when I started watching football.
I think it must have been when my parents went to Barcelona for a weekend and brought me back a Barca shirt which I still have, but it wasn't an official one though.

BarcaPool

I've always loved and played Football, but living in the states the only league that was really shown much at all when I started following Football overseas was the EPL. That's where I found my love for Liverpool (a love that I still have to this day). That was that for a few years, following them, cringing at their failures and cheering for their successes. Then Barcelona played a friendly against our home team, the Sounders. Now I'd heard of Barcelona but didn't really know anything about them at that point, and decided that I wasn't going to be bothered to go. However after that, some more La Liga games started to be broadcast in the area. That's also when ESPN started to take a few minutes out of talking EPL to say a few words on La Liga. I watched a few matches, I think it was Athletico that was usually on for some reason. I really liked the style of Football and the fans seemed to always make a good atmosphere, so I tried to watch as many La Liga games as I could, while catching all the Liverpool games.

Then along came November 2010, and I had never actually seen a Barcelona game in the Nou Camp, so I had no clue what to expect. I knew by then that Barcelona were a very good team, and the one player that I remember liking the most was Iniesta because he makes passing and setting up plays a priority which is something I try to do as much as possible in my own game. However the first thing that I noticed about the Classico wasn't Iniesta or Xavi or any player. It was the Nou Camp, and more so that the Nou Camp, the near 100,000 fans all cheering for Barcelona. It was something I'd never seen before. I was fully accustomed to Anfield and it's special atmosphere, but this was a whole new beast. I've been at MANY loud games, with massive tifos and such at Sounders games, but this was different. The scale of it was astounding. I remember for the first half barely even being able to watch the game because I was so taken aback by the deafening noise and just the sight of about 100,000 people, all with their mind on one thing and one thing only, Barcelona. All the scarfs, flags and songs was amazing. No atmosphere in the world beats that. Then to add to that, we went and beat Madrid 5-0 just sealed the deal with me, even though I firmly believe that if we had gone on to lose that game by 5 goals I still would have been a Barcelona fan.

So that's my story behind me and Barcelona, and to a lesser extent, Liverpool. Also one of my first posts so now you all know I like talking about myself :lol:

XaviMessiGirl

I've always loved and played Football, but living in the states the only league that was really shown much at all when I started following Football overseas was the EPL. That's where I found my love for Liverpool (a love that I still have to this day). That was that for a few years, following them, cringing at their failures and cheering for their successes. Then Barcelona played a friendly against our home team, the Sounders. Now I'd heard of Barcelona but didn't really know anything about them at that point, and decided that I wasn't going to be bothered to go. However after that, some more La Liga games started to be broadcast in the area. That's also when ESPN started to take a few minutes out of talking EPL to say a few words on La Liga. I watched a few matches, I think it was Athletico that was usually on for some reason. I really liked the style of Football and the fans seemed to always make a good atmosphere, so I tried to watch as many La Liga games as I could, while catching all the Liverpool games.

Then along came November 2010, and I had never actually seen a Barcelona game in the Nou Camp, so I had no clue what to expect. I knew by then that Barcelona were a very good team, and the one player that I remember liking the most was Iniesta because he makes passing and setting up plays a priority which is something I try to do as much as possible in my own game. However the first thing that I noticed about the Classico wasn't Iniesta or Xavi or any player. It was the Nou Camp, and more so that the Nou Camp, the near 100,000 fans all cheering for Barcelona. It was something I'd never seen before. I was fully accustomed to Anfield and it's special atmosphere, but this was a whole new beast. I've been at MANY loud games, with massive tifos and such at Sounders games, but this was different. The scale of it was astounding. I remember for the first half barely even being able to watch the game because I was so taken aback by the deafening noise and just the sight of about 100,000 people, all with their mind on one thing and one thing only, Barcelona. All the scarfs, flags and songs was amazing. No atmosphere in the world beats that. Then to add to that, we went and beat Madrid 5-0 just sealed the deal with me, even though I firmly believe that if we had gone on to lose that game by 5 goals I still would have been a Barcelona fan.

So that's my story behind me and Barcelona, and to a lesser extent, Liverpool. Also one of my first posts so now you all know I like talking about myself :lol:

Welcome to the forum :) Nice story, I'm the same as you, discovered football through the PL (Liverpool is my club there too). Then later started watching other leagues.

Welcome bro! Visca barca!

Barcafire

By accident. I lived in Europe for a year and visited every popular (and some lesser known) cities. I just ended up in love with Barcelona. I had no care for football and no awareness that year Ronaldinho and co. just beat AC Milan and were on their way to play Arsenal in the CL Final. Then a friend asked me to play a game of FIFA to which I responded? Who shall I use? He said to just pick a European team. Well, the rest is history, and I couldn't be happier supporting a team and city that fought oppression. I stand by them thick and thin.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
The way they play football, Ronaldinho and Messi.

The passing game and watching Messi is just magnificent :wub:

Pete

I can't explain why, it is not something I control but heart chose Barcelona and I have watched the old footage of the great players who have played for FCB like Maradona, Cruyff, Romario and Ronaldo.

etihaas

I love the way they play the game. First game i have ever watch was Barcelona. I am really a big fan of Barcelona. This club is really superb then any other.

Denver Barca Fan

I hate to day it, but I first looked into La Liga after the Chelsea-Real Madrid friendly this summer. (Ronaldo was really good, but such a jackass with his "all me" goal celebrations.) After investigating a bit, I got hooked on Barca through a combination of my ancestry (from Barcelona) and their history, youth system, and technical ability. I just started watching the EPL this August because it's on TV every weekend, and my home team (Colorado Rapids) because that just makes sense and the supporters' atmosphere is fun, but the Barca footage I've seen in the past few months blows everything else away for me. I am really looking forward to seeing FCB evolve (?) under their new leader, and hope to watch more live games.

Home of Barca Fans