Why are you a Barcelona fan?

Supa Dupa Fly

My father is a huge fan of Barça. I used to watch the games with him together since I was 10. Could never imagine being a fan of any other team tbh
PrjRneI.gif

raminho

It's kinda embarrasing but I blame PES3 on PS2. I used to play career mode with Barcelona for some reason. Maybe just an accident. Maybe I just liked their shirts. But I "bonded" with the team and started to root them in the UCL.

Then the following season I paid more attention to them in Liga and CDR and with their beautiful brand of football they won me over. From there on it's been nothing but Barça for me...

L

linetty

I was born a cule, my parents bought me a Barca shirt when I was about five and it's been only Barca ever since

Leo_Messi

Basically it lies in the family. Both my grandfather and father are club members. We (me and my siblings) are now the third generation. There was hardly any option and the "brainwashing" began very early. Now you can't leave the passion aside even if it at times hampers your study, social life etc. Sometimes I catch myself thinking why the hell I care this much when it's just people running after a football but such thoughts only last a few minutes. In fact I have noticed that my passion increases whenever the team is in a crisis.

That Barcelona happens to be a great city, a club with values that I can identify with, that they have had (and still have) some cracking teams, players etc. in my lifetime (I am in my earliest 20's) does not hurt.

My mother though who has no ties to Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain nor any interest in football does not understand our interest/passion at all. I now live abroad and so do most of my siblings but when we used to live together there were often "fights" between my mother and my female siblings who are not interested in football and us boys regarding the TV. Football almost always won or they were forced to relocate to other rooms with TV.:lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because the first game I watched was of Barcelona as a kid so I ended up supporting them, thanks to my Real Madrid supporting uncle who has on a few occasions said that he regrets it :p

raskolnikov

Cause of Rivaldo, he was my favourite player along with Beckham in the late 90's. School offered a trip to Barcelona, I went thinking I could meet Rivaldo.
Fell in love with the city, the people, culture and the club there.

Barcadub

Cause of Rivaldo, he was my favourite player along with Beckham in the late 90's. School offered a trip to Barcelona, I went thinking I could meet Rivaldo.
Fell in love with the city, the people, culture and the club there.

That's Crazy, One of my earliest memories of supporting barcleona was that overhead kick against Valencia. And Beckham was my favourite player ever growing up. I had all the adidas boots he brought out. First time in barcleona was last September and myself loved everything about it.

When I was young my parents bought me Barcelona jerseys. My first jersey was the Bronzey one, I think Xavi wore it on his debut.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Because I got gifted a Barca shirt for my birthday when I was 5. Also, I remember watching an El Clasico with my dad, who supports RM, where Raul scored the opener and shortly after, the dark knight (Kluivert) scored the equaliser. He was from there on my favourite player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because I got gifted a Barca shirt for my birthday when I was 5. Also, I remember watching an El Clasico with my dad, who supports RM, where Raul scored the opener and shortly after, the dark knight (Kluivert) scored the equaliser. He was from there on my favourite player.

lol. He was my favourite player too :lol:

MessiDinho10

Back in the early 2000's there used to be highlights of the Premier League, the Serie A and La Liga on national television late at night (back when the TV rights weren't in the hands of big companies, good times...). I always wanted to watch the programme, but I had to go to bed an hour before it even started. Then Ronaldinho joined Barcelona, and my dad started recording the Barcelona highlights. That's the moment I fell in love with this club, thanks to my dad. Ronaldinho was also my favourite player, obviously. Then in 2006 (I was 9 years old at the time) me and my family went to Barcelona in the summer holiday, and of course we visited the Camp Nou (in the sun, at noon, on a sunny summer day in Catalonia, in my opinion the most beautiful sight in the world) as every tourist does. We went to the stands, the museum (with the brand new Champions League trophy) and bought a complete Barça kit and then left. Luckily for me, there was a first team training session going on on the training ground nearby and we could watch by looking through the fence (the fence was covered with banners, but there always was a tiny line not covered by the banners through which you could see the players). That's the first, and sadly also the only time I saw the Barcelona players, including Ronaldinho, in real life. I have been wanting to go back to Barcelona ever since, and in the future I hope to be so lucky to have a season ticket at some point in my life, but I guess that's as unlikely as winning the lottery, especially for someone who's not Spanish or has a billion dollars company that sponsors the club. Anyway, that's my story, I hope you enjoyed reading it.

I started playing this wonderful sport in 1980 when I was 10. Supporting wise though for much of the 80's, I was only following national teams. USA, Germany(I am part German), and the Netherlands(Total Football playing style). PBS with it's The Week in the Bundesliga highlights show was what introduced me to club football. Liverpool and it's famous patch on it's red jersey was the first club I peaked an interest in and still support them within English football to this day. I was curious about Bayern Munich and appreciated that they could highly represent on their German National team but I quickly learned about many of their evil ways in how they keep their fellow German clubs down. I was mostly a Bundesliga type when I went to live in Germany in early 1989 while in the army. That said, I would learn quickly about Ajax and Barcelona and their types with Cruyff. I liked how both tried to play a wonderful style of football which stuck with me as I was always a striker/winger while playing soccer. I really only got to follow Barcelona regularly in the late 1990's/ very early 2000's though as I was late to being able to have cable tv and the internet. The rest is history and you are stuck with me. :lol:

vietnamien

Hi, I am a Belgian student of 24 years and why I am a fan of Barca? There are many reasons. First, I have always loved football but the Belgian football is not very interesting to watch, as the level is quite disappointing. Then, I think it was around 2007-2008 when there was still Thierry Henry, Yaya Tourée, Ronaldinho, Puyol, Eto'o, Messi and of course. Names like this on the lawns, this dream. Then the mentality of the club énornément seduced me, but what did that I'm a fan, this is the style of play. This is the icing on the cake, it is the victory in the Champions League in 2008-2009! Moreover, the fact that I love the national team of Spain, this contributed even more to love Barca, thanks Xavi, Iniesta, Villa or Valdez.
Since, it's been eight years since my heart team is FC Barcelona.
It is indégnable Messi yeuxs attracts the world to the Barca and become Legendre football, that's for sure. But my favorite player is Neymar.

I hope that we w'll win the Champions League.

Home of Barca Fans