Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the 2013/14 Premier League?

• Total voters

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
in the 2nd half of the season Chelsea have to play away to fewer top teams then Arsenal and City, which is why i would give Chelsea the edge.

Away games against top teams in 2014

Chelsea - Man City, Liverpool
Arsenal - Southampton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton
Man City - Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, United, Newcastle

That may be City's undoing.

ebc_99

Still think City will take it, they are so much better man for man than the rest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Banana-Rama

i said all along that arsenal's lead would evaporate in december, only 2 points from games against man city, chelsea and everton, they don't perform in the big games, nothing has changed in that regard...

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We'll see. Things are so open it's impossible to exclude anyone or make a definite call. I still think any of the top 4 could make it. City look favourites but who knows.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'm not going to change my pick when I said Chelsea. Especially if/when they sign a striker. Man City have the best squad but Chelsea IMO are more intelligent in terms of their knowhow of getting a result they need and have a better manager for the crunch time games.

Ketoth

doesn't matter if they are, they won't win the league again under wenger, he's not a good enough manager anymore...

Wenger's the only manager ever to win the premier league unbeaten, how's he not good enough?
He has to compete with far fewer resources than the likes of City, Chelsea and manu.

Over the past few years the critics always thought we will fall out the top 4 and each year we finish in the top 4. Now the critics think we can't win the title. We will see about that.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
But there's a different between making top 4 against the odds and winning a title. You guys have a bit of a reputation of floundering by around March when you've been in the title race in more recent times, you need to overcome that more than anything. Not saying you won't, but more than anything that's your teams problem.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Voted City, but if Suarez keeps scoring hattricks for fun (dude is amazing atm) Liverpool could do it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah their title ambitions pretty much rest solely on Suarez. If he gets injured I don't even think Sturridge could carry them to the same kinda results consistently.

Ketoth

Wasn't there a time, not too long ago, Liverpool fans were criticising, and some booing, Suarez?

pEllee

But there's a different between making top 4 against the odds and winning a title. You guys have a bit of a reputation of floundering by around March when you've been in the title race in more recent times, you need to overcome that more than anything. Not saying you won't, but more than anything that's your teams problem.

Well, to be fair, those seasons were mostly ruined by injuries at the wrong time. The squad players weren't good enough to replace them. Even SAF has bottled it a few times. 2011/2012 for example. And no one would ever say that he lacks winning mentality.

If anything, Arsenal have shown some great character by being able to bounce back into fourth after poor starts. It's happened for two season in a row now. Poor start because of key players leaving, only to then click towards the end and bounce back into the top four.

Last edited:

Samuel Eto'o

This current crop of Arsenal players have more character and heart than those that were there when they were in with a chance a few years ago.

Jenks

Yeah their title ambitions pretty much rest solely on Suarez. If he gets injured I don't even think Sturridge could carry them to the same kinda results consistently.

Obviously Sturridge can't carry Liverpool like Suarez can, but he was banned for quite a few games at the start of the season and Liverpool were still winning with Sturridge up top.

Home of Barca Fans