Votes: 53 44.5%
  • Ribery

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Messi

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters

suckabov

Lemon curry?
^ That's just what the votes so far indicate, has nothing to do with Agencia. If you take the voters who published their votes and compare them with their votes last year, and assume that the differences are roughly representative for the final result, then it's a close race between Messi and CR with Messi having the slight, minimal edge.

(Even though right now CR seems to have more votes, which explains why the odds still favour him - BUT logically that doesn't mean that he gained or Messi lost votes in comparison with last year for that particular group of voters).

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I chose Messi, but these past few days I have a feeling Ronaldo will win it.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Lionel Messi, Franck Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo are on the three-man shortlist for the 2013 Ballon d'Or.

The trio were chosen from the 25-man list, which included Gareth Bale, that was announced in October and the winner will be revealed on 13 January.

Barcelona's Messi has won four years in a row but Real Madrid forward Ronaldo is the favourite to win this year.

The women's final trio are Nadine Angerer (Germany), Marta (Brazil) and Abby Wambach (USA).

Fifa has also confirmed the final three for coach of the year - with former Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson vying with ex-Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes and Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp for the award.

MrKnowitAlll

Lionel Messi, Franck Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo are on the three-man shortlist for the 2013 Ballon d'Or.

The trio were chosen from the 25-man list, which included Gareth Bale, that was announced in October and the winner will be revealed on 13 January.

Barcelona's Messi has won four years in a row but Real Madrid forward Ronaldo is the favourite to win this year.

The women's final trio are Nadine Angerer (Germany), Marta (Brazil) and Abby Wambach (USA).

Fifa has also confirmed the final three for coach of the year - with former Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson vying with ex-Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes and Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp for the award.

cant believe she has never won it. such a great player. Ibrahimovic is the Abby Wambach of mens football and not the other way round.

johan

Ronaldo will win it there can be no other choice as much as I dislike him he has been the best by a distance - One of the reasons the rest of the world loves Messi so much is he usually gives us a reason not to say Ronaldo is the best, not this year

ccesc

If it is only for the last season it should be:
1 CR 2 Ribery 3 Messi
1 Heynckes 2 Klopp 3 Ferguson

But i think Ferguson will be ahead of Klopp because of his whole career.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
If it is only for the last season it should be:
1 CR 2 Ribery 3 Messi
Seriously? You could make a case if you're speaking about the whole year, but last season (2012/2013)? CR achieved nothing in it - no silverware while Messi scored more goals. Even Ibra would deserve it more than him.

ebc_99

Ronaldo will win it there can be no other choice as much as I dislike him he has been the best by a distance - One of the reasons the rest of the world loves Messi so much is he usually gives us a reason not to say Ronaldo is the best, not this year

Not this year? Come on, Messi performances have been of a much higher quality than Ronaldos, Barca won the league by 15 points largely because of Messi, and Argentina qualified for the world cup easily long before Portugal.

Look at the difference he made against PSG, when not even fit, he puts in such great performances so often it seems some have become accustomed to it and it loses its impact. It is a shame that even Barca fans don't appreciate how extraordinary Messi has been this year.

The media seems to have brainwashed alot of people into thinking Ronaldo has been great all year, he hasn't. I would say the gap has been bigger than ever between them when Messi's injuries are taken into account. But his injuries should not stop him from winning as his peak performances were so dominant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ccesc

Seriously? You could make a case if you're speaking about the whole year, but last season (2012/2013)? CR achieved nothing in it - no silverware while Messi scored more goals. Even Ibra would deserve it more than him.

I meant last year, sorry. Year 2013

Yannick03

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m

Uli Hoeness: "They should announce the votes from before and from after 15 November. Then we might see why the vote was extended." [via sid]

He's right but FIFA is never going to do that...

Zebulun

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m

Uli Hoeness: "They should announce the votes from before and from after 15 November. Then we might see why the vote was extended." [via sid]

He's right but FIFA is never going to do that...

I wish barca's board would back their player's and coach in such a way. This too is another reason why pep left us. I totally agree with bayern to question and publicly demand answers from fifa.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Rosell did question the "media campaign" and said he'd vote 1. Messi 2. Messi 3. Messi - not exactly sure if that helped or rather harmed Messi though.

Home of Barca Fans