Who was the more useful/necessary/valuable purchase?

Who was the better purchase?

• Total voters

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Villa scored some exquisite goals, they were important on so many levels it is ridiculous. My only problem with picking Villa over Masch is that he is redundant. His job was done (maybe not as well) but other players. His position as covered, and well performed by others.

Masch though, not only did he keep Barcelona relevant during matches but he filled a need for Barcelona even when outside his area of expertise.

Goals make you famous, goals actually complete the objective of the game, and Villa has achieved that objective and more than one occasion but it is nothing new. Masch though, did the job better than actual CBs you purchased that are not named Pique. Thuram, Chygrinksy, Caceres, and who else?

Clockwise

Buccaneer
we have nobody that can do the job like villa did you fraud

This

Villa scored some exquisite goals, they were important on so many levels it is ridiculous. My only problem with picking Villa over Masch is that he is redundant. His job was done (maybe not as well) but other players. His position as covered, and well performed by others.

Masch though, not only did he keep Barcelona relevant during matches but he filled a need for Barcelona even when outside his area of expertise.

Goals make you famous, goals actually complete the objective of the game, and Villa has achieved that objective and more than one occasion but it is nothing new. Masch though, did the job better than actual CBs you purchased that are not named Pique. Thuram, Chygrinksy, Caceres, and who else?

That's wrong Raed, his positioned got covered but we never got to the level we were on with him. His absence is very noticeable, and the the flexibility of our attack has been affected considerably. Leo has not had the kind of support he used to have with Villa on, and in the last night match, it was even more obvious. also Villa was not playing to a role that got the best out of him either, but he offered us a kind of performance that others have not been able to replicate. Masch has been a phenomena for us no doubt. but at the end of the day, Big dave has had a role that was probably not felt much until we lost him to injury. I have a feeling the things he gave us is very much underrated.

Home of Barca Fans