Who should take free kicks?

Best free kick taker?

• Total voters

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I want Messi to start taking them, being Left footed is an advantage i think. Plus he's always close!

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Yeah me to, the ones close to the goal on the left side should be taken by Messi.
The ones on the right flank are for Xavi mainly and 2nd Alves.
The ones longer away from goal should be for Alves as they allready are.
But as you say, I'd like to see Messi take more freekicks. If he could score a proper one some day it would be nice, the one he scored against At. Madrid was not a beauty ;)

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Marquez should take freekick. He is awesome and curl the ball well. He should be first choice with 30 yards. While Dani Alves should be second one as he just like Roberto Carlos.

IraqiCulé

Might as well get the Messiah to start taking all our freekicks. He'll probably become an expert in no time because I don't see Xavi, Marquez, or Dani improving their freekick success rates...

Beast

The Observer
i voted for Rafa, i like the way he take the fk's and i don't like Alves style in FK's (so Roberto Carlos ) .. i saw Marquez score some good ones too

maz

I walk the line
Surely alves had a better kicks-to-goals ratio than RC? I think he adds something extra, and i found RC always seemed to hit it into the wall whereas alves at least gets it on target and the rebound causes some danger for the defence.

Rafa is a quality freekick taker though, but is very inconsistent.

Beast

The Observer
Surely alves had a better kicks-to-goals ratio than RC? I think he adds something extra, and i found RC always seemed to hit it into the wall whereas alves at least gets it on target and the rebound causes some danger for the defence.

Rafa is a quality freekick taker though, but is very inconsistent.

well not during his prime days.. and remember he wasn't first choice @ Real at any given time .. there was Hierro-Figo-Zidane -Becks-Munitis-Savio..etc

but its the same technique.. hit it hard and try to do in-the-air spin to fool the keeper
Rafa don't take it frequently @ barca there was Dinho then now Alves .. that's the problem but i like his style in freekicks .. i think he should take them ahead of Xavi and Alves especially when its near the goal area..

I'm looking forward to see what Garay can do next season

Warik

I say Henry from close, mainly because every free kick he has taken for us since being here (not many) has been on target. When you get it on target theres always the chance of a spill, so...

Beast

The Observer
I say Henry from close, mainly because every free kick he has taken for us since being here (not many) has been on target. When you get it on target theres always the chance of a spill, so...

i think he stopped taking the freekicks in Barca due to his back problem(i think i've only watched him twice or something taking a FK )..but he had some quality free kicks during his spell @ Arse-Anal

Evil

Shabazz
Messi get´s all the one´s he takes on target as well. Xavi, Alves, and Márquez usually shoot it wide above the post. All 3 them have some quality in taking freekicks, but if you look at how many they took from the beginning of the season and how many they actually scored, then the ratio pretty much sucks. I´d reckon giving Messi and Henry a chance.

C

Culer10

I think that Messi is really good for short range but alves is without doubt the best for long range.

I think that xavi is good for indirect free kicks.

Sallou

Depends on distance. Messi is so good with placement, so him if it's only a few yards out of the box and not too central. Xavi or Alves overall tho.

Home of Barca Fans