Who should replace Valdés?

Who should replace Valdes?

• Total voters

aaron101

Last season Reina was a disaster. Many stupid errors same as Valdes. Getting him would be the stupidest thing that Barca can do

Last season Reina was a disaster. Many stupid errors same as Valdes. Getting him would be the stupidest thing that Barca can do

Indeed. We should be going for an upgrade, not a downgrade or the same shit.
Please Barca, for the love of God, don't fuck this up (buying Reina would probably be a great way to do that).

impeh

Hi, its me..
Did you watch the game? De Gea was brilliant...

he was good in that game yeh, his shot stopping is great, but overall i think he'd be a step down. Valdes gets a lot of criticism for his rare errors, and it would be even worse (and more frequent) for De Gea. Plus hes physically pretty slim and not that good in the air and im never confident when we give away a set piece anyway :lol:

desoe

he was good in that game yeh, his shot stopping is great, but overall i think he'd be a step down. Valdes gets a lot of criticism for his rare errors, and it would be even worse (and more frequent) for De Gea. Plus hes physically pretty slim and not that good in the air and im never confident when we give away a set piece anyway :lol:

De Gea is a lot younger, so the step down could actually be a step up in future. The problem with GK's is that sometimes you just can't risk with making moves potential-wise, because you need a safe option now, not later.

Barca8

De Gea to me looks like a good kid with a lot of skill trapped in a neanderthal league where pace/strength is more important than technique. The most technical players are foreign (Mata, Hazard, Valencia, Suarez, Silva, Aguero, Tevez, Toure, Michu etc etc). Still it is an entertaining league and has it's bright spots.

ManUre have had a bad season defensively. They've had to been come from behind to win and thats down to having vPersie. De Gea is a good shot stopper and he's kept a lot of sure goals out of the net. How funny would it be if we picked him up and beat United in another CL Final :lol:

De Gea's good but has some flaws that ter Stegen & Courtois don't (size & presence)

ammarfcb

ze special one
rnMWQp.gif

SIGN!!

raskolnikov

We all know Reina is the one that has the biggest chance to become the successor of Valdes and its mainly due to him being from la Masia rather than his goalkeeping skills.
A talented youngster like courtois with Reina as backup would be ideal but I guess Barca is sometimes to blind for it.
We will most likely end up getting Navarro as a defender rather than Hummels for example.

Garrus

We all know Reina is the one that has the biggest chance to become the successor of Valdes and its mainly due to him being from la Masia rather than his goalkeeping skills.
A talented youngster like courtois with Reina as backup would be ideal but I guess Barca is sometimes to blind for it.
We will most likely end up getting Navarro as a defender rather than Hummels for example.
Well valdes is not a world class keeper with godly goal keeping skills, Yet we won tons of trophies with him around.
All we need is continuity, A guy that will fit the system, So we can continue with our winning cycles.

Home of Barca Fans