Who should be the next Barca coach?

Next Barca coach?

• Total voters

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Neymar has not proven himself in Europe yet. I just felt our management is taking too much of a gamble with Martino, an almost nobody outside of the South American circle. Why? Only because he was the manager of Messi's old club? Because Messi likes him? Because he prefers a pressing game? Says who Enrique does not? :facepalm:

I am hoping he is only a caretaker manager while our management is seeking a long-term replacement.

Go home man you are drunk, give the man a chance ffs instead of hoping for all star names, we aren't real madrid ffs

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No, it means that it is FC Barcelona that we are speaking of and any name proposed to such a position as a manager to the boat should have proved somewhat sometimes that he is worthy of such a privilege ! Thus exceptions should be rare and not a method of hiring of the club ! So, their quality should be proved first and then we'll debate !

No, I've offered three names that I would like to see and I clearely mentioned there are quite a few others that can do the job, like Bielsa.
Nonetheless, FCB it is definitely not the club that every aspiring coach should get to train as easy as that !

You know very little of Bielsa if you actually want him here, once again you're just going off name value. The others don't have to be 100% proven, the circumstances don't allow us to have the time to get the perfect manager but I am very glad we've been linked with managers who are better fits rather than stupidly suggested big names. Your ignorance doesn't dignify the false idea that these guys are all random clueless idiots who don't know the first thing about coaching.

ebc_99

Wenger was unheard of when Arsenal took him, Mourinho when Porto took him. Barca don't need to sign a big name for the sake of it, they have to bring in who they think will benefit the club the most and maybe that man will become a big name here. I bet nobody would have wanted Heycknes 3 or 4 years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AvocadoCake

Messi:
"I really like Martino, he is a great technician," he pointed out.
"He makes his teams play well and everybody respects that."

Heinze:
"I'm not surprised Barca think about Tata Martino. I think he would be the ideal coach for Barcelona," he said to Cope.
"Martino is a coach who doesn't leave anything to chance. His focus is 100 per cent on ball possession."

Last edited:

SoMa

Messi:
"I really like Martino, he is a great technician," he pointed out.
"He makes his teams play well and everybody respects that."
"I'm not surprised Barca think about Tata Martino. I think he would be the ideal coach for Barcelona," he said to Cope.
"Martino is a coach who doesn't leave anything to chance. His focus is 100 per cent on ball possession."
That was Heinze that talked about him coaching Barça. Messi said 1 or 2 years ago that he thought he was a good coach when Newells (Messis Arg team) picked him up.

Looks like it's gonna be Tata or Enrique. Not entirely convinced about either of them, but I won't write them off right away, and I'll give them a chance.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans