Who should be the 1st captain this season? (If Xavi leaves)

Barca 1st captain this season should be:

• Total voters

Busi-Messi Barca

Iniesta is the natural successor to Zavi.

Mascho is an ideal captain but he's not La Masia so that goes against him + Lucho has to willing to switch things up to play him. God forbid Barca become unpredictable to play against. ;)

Alarcón

Messi is not a captain, Mascherano not a starter, Busquets and Piqué not commanding enough. Iniesta isn't loud but his sole appearance commands respect. I think he's the best choice out of the bunch but we need someone loud on the pitch.

Muttu

Messi-Iniesta_scalewidth_460.jpg

These two will take care of business.

dakt

I voted Masch, but Don is also great. It's like choosing between your children....
Well Don is La Masia child, Barca child, clean blood. :)

Perseas

I think we are overlooking the "unwritten rule" that exists, but is only implemented when possible: One of the captains "must" be Catalan, so my first guess would be Busquets. Messi and Iniesta to follow, with Pique as 4th... I don't see Masche in the picture, as much as I would like to. Whoever it is though, they will have enormous shoes to fill....

I

instinct

Iniesta should be captain. It doesn't matter who is the captain anyway. Mascherano can lead the team even when he doesn't wear the armband. We have a hierachy for years now and we shouldn't break it IMO. That doesn't mean that other players shouldn't take responsibility.

Home of Barca Fans