Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

Did Pochettino really say he doesn't want the job or is that just bullshit from The Sun or some other tabloid?

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
If we get Valverde; I would like to have Xavi as one of his assistants for the first season.
The following season Xavi to take over La Masia, which we heavily re-invest in.
Valverde will likely stay for 3 seasons. Xavi can stay in La Masia for those two seasons.
The beginning of 2020-21 Season; Xavi becomes Coach with a bunch of young La Masia graduates.
And the next era of Domination begins. Cruyff/Pep/Xavi.

Barcilliant

Honestly I prefer Xavi instead of having Valverde managing Barcelona.

Lol Xavi would play the sterile possession game and it would be a disaster. Look at his quotes after us being booted out of the CL by Bayern and Atletico.

We need a coach who will use our base template and add defensive steel and better physicality.

Lucho managed to bring that in the first season and we won the treble. Our defence was better, our set pieces were better and our counter attack was better.

God knows what happened starting 2016....

Barcilliant

I'm surprised there is not much debate about who the next coach will be.

This is the key to us improving next season especially in the CL. Without the right manager all the big names in the world won't help

VanGallVsCruyff

Lol Xavi would play the sterile possession game and it would be a disaster. Look at his quotes after us being booted out of the CL by Bayern and Atletico.

We need a coach who will use our base template and add defensive steel and better physicality.

Lucho managed to bring that in the first season and we won the treble. Our defence was better, our set pieces were better and our counter attack was better.

God knows what happened starting 2016....

Sorry but i don't agree with this. Sterile possession is often a result of the badly execution of the positional game, NOT the main target of it! If it's done right the main target is the creation of superiority on the pitch - numerical, positional and qualitative.. And when you have a world class talent and youngsters prepared their whole life for it (The La Masia boys) its so much easier to implement these ideas. That's why Pep is struggling a lot elsewhere.. We struggled with the positional game with Tito because he tried to play it too vertically and direct but he didn't have the knowledge how to do it and Tata Martino had zero knowledge of the positional game at all! Luis Enrique abandoned it in his first season and never came back to it! The whole possession that Barca have nowdays is meaningless and has nothing to do with the positional game. Today's Barca team has NO structure, no creative patterns, nothing.. Enrique is relaying only on the individual talent of MSN..

So all we need is to go back to the positional game and hire a coach who is able to execute it properly on the pitch! Will Xavi be one day that kind of coach? I don't know.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Sorry but i don't agree with this. Sterile possession is often a result of the badly execution of the positional game, NOT the main target of it! If it's done right the main target is the creation of superiority on the pitch - numerical, positional and qualitative.. And when you have a world class talent and youngsters prepared their whole life for it (The La Masia boys) its so much easier to implement these ideas. That's why Pep is struggling a lot elsewhere.. We struggled with the positional game with Tito because he tried to play it too vertically and direct but he didn't have the knowledge how to do it and Tata Martino had zero knowledge of the positional game at all! Luis Enrique abandoned it in his first season and never came back to it! The whole possession that Barca have nowdays is meaningless and has nothing to do with the positional game. Today's Barca team has NO structure, no creative patterns, nothing.. Enrique is relaying only on the individual talent of MSN..

So all we need is to go back to the positional game and hire a coach who is able to execute it properly on the pitch! Will Xavi be one day that kind of coach? I don't know.

For us to play that kind of game we need young , skillful players who will run and press like crazy.

The golden generation can't press like before, the quality of the new players is poor and noone is coming out of la Masia.

Windhook

If they continue to be successful, we should consider Jardim and Berizzo in the future. Especially Jardim who is born in Barcelona. ;)

No, mate, indeed he is born in Barcelona, but Barcelona, a city in Venezuela.

We struggled with the positional game with Tito because he tried to play it too vertically and direct but he didn't have the knowledge how to do it...

Tito was very sick at the time and he never really had the chance to fully apply his tactics. Remember that Barca played without manager for how long was it... 3-4 months, while Villanova was going through therapy in the United States. And when he returned for the PSG game he looked very weak, fragile. It really saddened me, imagine what it was on the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans