Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

IHMO Valverde and Unzue are worst possible choice. This team needs a new manager with big balls and good tactical knowledge and those two have neither. It would lead to further team destruction.

You may say whatever you want about Zidane but this guy has something very few have and that is authority. I am sure Koeman could do a good job here, something similar what Zidane is doing right now in Madrid. He was a great player, and a Barca legend, he had good results with Ajax and PSV and he is doing good job with Everton. He is fore sure someone players would respect.

Pochettino would be a great choice, he is doing very good job with Tottenham but I don't think they would let him go.

My opinion is also that Alegri would not suit our style, he for sure has great tactical knowledge but i don't think it woul be applicable here. I am also not sure anymore regarding Sampaoli, he needs one more year in Europe to prove himself. He also needs to calm his temper a little bit. In big games managers need to stay calm to be able to react properly and calmness is something he is missing the most.

Oscar Garcia?!?! Sorry but NO! RB Salzburg and Barcelona are incomparable. This guy first needs to manage at least one serious team in serious league. Appointing him to manage Barca after he manged Macabi, Watford and RBS would be one big joke.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Oscar Garcia is interesting. Surely more/better experienced than Unzue, but much less than Valverde, Sampaoli, or whoever else has been linked to us. He says all the right things (and seems to believe them too) and would try to embody Cruyff and Pep as much as possible. However, there's simply not a reliable sample of his work to actually ascertain what kind of manager he'd be for Barcelona.

He was great with Juvenil A when he was here. From what I read, he was great with Maccabi Tel Aviv too but that means almost nothing. Red Bull Salzburg is his most indicative body of work but it's always hard to analyze with a club like that. Winning the league doesn't mean much at all, OG hasn't had difficulty with it. Qualifying for the CL is much harder, probably above the club's capabilities. They've been knocked out in playoffs both seasons that he's been there. I (tried) reading some translated Red Bull Salzburg forums and it seemed like Garcia needed a good amount of time to experiment and adapt his tactics/system to get the most out of his team. They said that the team performed well defensively but were somewhat lacking in attack, though he improved over time.

I am from Austria, so let me tell you something about Óscar and RB Salzburg. The philosophy of Red Bull radically changed in the last two years. They are nowhere near the level they were when they have beaten Ajax by 4-0 under coach Roger Schmidt and sporting director Rangnick (who is now in Leipzig). This got even worse (for Salzburg) since Leipzig got promoted to German Bundesliga. Salzburg is more or less a B-Team/junior team of Leipzig now the same way FC Liefering (2nd Austrian league) is for Salzburg.

Look at their transfers this year. They sold him all of his best players (Naby Keita, Soriano, Upamecano, Hinteregger, Bernardo) for 53 millions without buying equivalent replacements. They just bought Dabbur from Swiss League, but he didn't succeed and now got loaned back to Swiss. It is true that Salzburg has the most money in Austrian Bundesliga, but Óscar has to work with the players he has in the squad including some young players from their youth academies. Especially the players in the offense are pretty young compared to first team standards, so one should not take for granted that Óscar dominates the Bundesliga with his team.

It is true that you can't compare Salzburg to Barcelona. Neither in the quality of the players nor in the composition of the squad. It is totally different to work with players who are the best in the world on their positions compared to the situation. All I can say is that Óscar does a good job in forming a good team in a combination between experienced and young players.

Here are some statements Óscar made recently:
Oscar Garcia: "I like to be a coach of an active team causing other teams to adapt to us"
Oscar Garcia: "I like to have the ball. If we have the ball, we have the power of the game. It’s my target to make the fans happy.”
Oscar Garcia: "I love to study how to make the opponent suffer, how to make use of the qualities of my players, I have a passion for it.”

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Oscar Garcia?!?! Sorry but NO! RB Salzburg and Barcelona are incomparable. This guy first needs to manage at least one serious team in serious league. Appointing him to manage Barca after he manged Macabi, Watford and RBS would be one big joke.

Pep had no experience with a serious team. It'd be a gamble, but he has better ideas than unzue or valverde, imo. Being a Cruijff disciple is a very good quality.

khaled_a_d

Pep had no experience with a serious team. It'd be a gamble, but he has better ideas than unzue or valverde, imo. Being a Cruijff disciple is a very good quality.

1-How you could tell?
2-Isn't that another "Barca DNA" type of statement that people don't like?

Raketa10

He isn't Pep! There is only one Pep. Trying to replicate Pep got us were we are today. We need serious manager not some third tier guy.

F

FlaFCB

1-How you could tell?
2-Isn't that another "Barca DNA" type of statement that people don't like?
Might be, but he actually has Barça dna, as a Cruijff disciple.

He isn't Pep! There is only one Pep. Trying to replicate Pep got us were we are today. We need serious manager not some third tier guy.

Uh, nope. This board did their best to erase Cruijff and anything related to him from the club. Which coach since Pep is following his style? Tito a bit, but licho turned us 180 in the other direction. Abandoned la masia, a completely different way of playing too. If the choices are unzue, valverde and oscar, I'd give Garcia a chance.

Raketa10

Uh, nope. This board did their best to erase Cruijff and anything related to him from the club. Which coach since Pep is following his style? Tito a bit, but licho turned us 180 in the other direction. Abandoned la masia, a completely different way of playing too. If the choices are unzue, valverde and oscar, I'd give Garcia a chance.

I honestly hope Unzue and Valverde are not our choices or we will become like Arsenal.

ceco322

Experience coaches with Barca DNA are Valverde, Koeman, Blanc, Oscar Garcia, Eusebio, Unzue, Frank de Boer and Giovanni van Bronckhorst. Good Coaches without Barca DNA are Didier Deschamps, Konte, Klopp, Mancini, Allegri, Sampaoli, Tuchel and Leonardo Jardim.
For me best coaches are Didier Deschamps, Conte, Klopp and Sampaoli but our club will choose one of these Valverde, Koeman, Blanc, Oscar Garcia.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like we might be reaching a conclusion to this

Valverde has told Athletic he's leaving and could be close to joining us

img_dsalvador_20170418-004040_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_18.jpg

Last edited:

Raketa10

Looks like we might be reaching a conclusion to this

Valverde has told Athletic he's leaving and could be close to joining us

img_dsalvador_20170418-004040_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_18.jpg

No, no, no, noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This will be Tata Martino all over again!!!

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans