Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Just because I said that does not mean Real won't ever have managers like that. Zidane has been tied to the club for years. But in regards of club images and trainers....another contrast that neutral football fans always bring up is how Real treats coaches opposed to Barca and how quickly they are released if results are not met immediately. Another example that contributes to the image that Barca are more long-term thinkers and Real make spur-of-the moment decisions. How true this perception is to reality is a different discussion though.

If the Real chooses a manager that contradicts the idea of a philosophy then it points to that philosophy not being in place.

Dont agree with perceptions neutrals have about coaches and time given either. If a coach at Barca has a bad season he will be very lucky to get another one and most people know that.

Barely any difference on that front.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If the Real chooses a manager that contradicts the idea of a philosophy then it points to that philosophy not being in place.

Dont agree with perceptions neutrals have about coaches and time given either. If a coach at Barca has a bad season he will be very lucky to get another one and most people know that.

Aye. Lucho would get a sack had he not won in his first year.

Horatio

You're welcome

What about Ancelotti then? Would Barca have fired him after that season?

Or Tata? Wasn't he allowed to continue even though the team didn't play well, but decided to step down himself?

JamDav1982

Or Tata? Wasn't he allowed to continue even though the team didn't play well, but decided to step down himself?

Dont think Tata would have lasted another season and yes do think Barca would sack a manager on back of season Ancelotti had.

Lucho would have been gone had he won nothing. Would possibly not even have lasted the season if things didnt turn around.

F

FlaFCB

The story was that Barto wanted him to stay. if Tata hadn't lost Valdes to injury, things could had been different too.

Horatio

You're welcome
Dont think Tata would have lasted another season and yes do think Barca would sack a manager on back of season Ancelotti had.

Lucho would have been gone had he won nothing. Would possibly not even have lasted the season if things didnt turn around.

Maybe you are right, but the general perception(at least what I hear from people) is that Barca is more patient. Even frustrated madridista's bring up the x amount of trainers they had in y years.

JamDav1982

Maybe you are right, but the general perception(at least what I hear from people) is that Barca is more patient. Even frustrated madridista's bring up the x amount of trainers they had in y years.

Half the reason for that is picking shitty managers that have not won or looked out their depth like Benitez.

Barca have won hence managers getting more time. It is not an equal comparison as levels of success have been different.

Horatio

You're welcome
Half the reason for that is picking shitty managers that have not won or looked out their depth like Benitez.

Barca have won hence managers getting more time. It is not an equal comparison as levels of success have been different.

Again, your explanation is sound. But I brought up the contrast of image between the two clubs, not their validity.

JamDav1982

Again, your explanation is sound. But I brought up the contrast of image between the two clubs, not their validity.

Dont think there is that image or any great difference in how top european teams are seen as being cut throat to managers that fail.

khaled_a_d

While you are making very valid points I think you are ignoring some political aspects

1-Barca or RM,at the end of the days those clubs are controlled by individuals and no matter how much ppl try to deny it,the change of individual changes the way decisions is made. Different boards made different decision,I think Laporta sticking to Rijkaard with Crujif advice as something that non of RM board would have done tbh
2-Managers are usually the hardest piece of the puzzle for boards. It is easier to make fans excited about signing player X or Y than about having a new coach,it is harder to get a coach and work with him on his philosophy,at the end the board is mostly men in suits not football people.
-In Barca the different boards we had preferred stability,they simply hated change specially the Rossel/Borto boards,when we had to change Pep we went for his predecessor,then we had Tata after health issues specially with no clear replacement from inside,after that we brought our former Barca B coach back.
Why?They want the easiest way,that is why Lucho had a contract renewal past summer and probably he would have stayed next season if he wanted.
That said they won't risk themselves for the coach,when it is politically their best interest to fire coach to protect themselves or win the fans back they will do it.
-In RM? They have it differently, They had two presidents in this millennium,Perez and Calderon
Perez stayed all but 3 years,the guy reached a point that there is almost zero threat to his place. And yet he changes managers easier
Benitez was fired too soon even if it has proven to be right decision,RM fans wanted Ancelotti to stay and he was fired after 2 years,only 1 manager stayed for 3 seasons since Del Bosque

I think we have to fair with our boards and give them credits for that matter tbh.

Dont think there is that image or any great difference in how top european teams are seen as being cut throat to managers that fail.

I think you are wrong in terms of people perception,people see how RM fired a coach the fans wanted to stay in Ancelotti,they remember how Calderon sacked Capello too.While they see that since 2008 Barca had 4 coaches and only 1 was fired,they see remember Barca sticking to Rijkaard after 1st bad half season,sticking to Lucho after 1st half bad season,sticking to Tito after 0-7 SF defeat in CL,3 managers staying 5,4,3 years in the past 14 years and one of the other two could have stayed longer if it wasn't for his illness. I think the public perception in that regard is very clear

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to Francesc Aguilar of Mundo Deportivo, Robert Fernandez is a big fan of Valverde and has requested him to hold off a contract extension with Athletic Bilbao. Says Valverde is a candidate Bartomeu would be fine with too and that Ernesto Valverde himself is conflicted between the possible option of becoming Barcelona's coach and continuity with Athletic Bilbao.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Times like this I wish Messi was more like LeBron James for example. He has the leverage too, especially with his contract extension still up in the air.

But let's see what happens.

xavi_the_Boss

We wanted Valverde back in 2014 but he already signed with Bilbao so we got Lucho.Not surprised his name is back as possible replacement.His contract runs out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans