• Montoya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathieu

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Rafinha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stric

You're changing your story quite quickly. If they didn't have training, then they didn't have a game the weekend afterwards, either. But that's besides the point, because the entire thing never happened. Why can't you let it go?

goope

You're changing your story quite quickly. If they didn't have training, then they didn't have a game the weekend afterwards, either. But that's besides the point, because the entire thing never happened. Why can't you let it go?

Ok, never happened, Pique is a natural leader, more than Mascherano. Good night.

raskolnikov

I would guess Messi likes being captain, his performances for Argentina picked up massively when given arm band and players ego means they do like to be the one holding the trophies aloft.

He will be captain after Iniesta for sure.

I think it just improved cause Sabella used him right compared to Maradona.

As captain it always seemed like a burden to Messi at Barca, always struggling to keep the armband on. Beside him not being a leader at all of course.
A soft talking introvert that avoids eye contact looking for words in a strong Argentinian accent.

I dislike this trend of making superstars captains or how long a player been at a club, it should be who is most suited. At Barca its clearly Mascherano now that Xavi and Puyol are gone.

Hmm..my feeling. You can make someone captain or you can officially give someone the armband who already is a captain.
Well, we will see how the club decides. Good night all!

Ever since Puyol at least, seniority has been the one constant. I say Puyol because Xavi stepped into the first team before Puyol. Valdes, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets follow, and now most likely Piqué (both debuted in september 08), and after him Pedro.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's awesome to have a leader like Mascherano in the team. He don't need to be a captain to display his leadership qualities.

khaled_a_d

Mascherano, Messi, Pique should be 3 captains. Iniesta and Busquets are great players but they have no charisma nor leadership qualities as the trio I mentioned.

I think Masch and Pique should be captains before Busi. But being from la masia has a great influence on it. Both are already captains, anyway.

Actually it is said that Busquets is the biggest leader in the team right now and seen as future captain
It seems that he is way more respected among his teammates more than fans recognise .Puyol giving him his number ,being voted ahead of Mascherano and Pique (the 3 voted b4 him was formality ) ,Xavi saying he is the closest player to him etc
No way either Mascherano or Pique get ahead of him

khaled_a_d

Ever since Puyol at least, seniority has been the one constant. I say Puyol because Xavi stepped into the first team before Puyol. Valdes, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets follow, and now most likely Piqué (both debuted in september 08), and after him Pedro.

Pique has seniority over Busquets IIRC ,unless we are counting Catalonia cup and friendlies
Also R10 was 2nd captain of the team over both VV and Xavi

goope

Great discussion. We should do it again some time. :lol:

I was really tired and that's what came out of it. I am sorry!

After I overslept this whole thing I remembered what my former philosophy professor said about truth 10 years ago. What is the truth he asked us? Maybe in the future the truth will be what is on Wikipedia and everything that is not on Wikipedia will be heavily questioned.

Now I made a statement and I know, the one who makes a statement has to provide the soruce, which I didn't, so you "won" this discussion topic.
I just thought it is funny that you said you googled it and couldn't find it on Google so you don't believe it. Reminded me of what my philosophy professor said.

As I said, it was a few years ago. I read it on the Penya Barcelonista de Vienna Facebook page, someone posted an article. I know it is my fault but I am too lazy to do the Research and scroll through every post that was made the last 2 years. You can do it if you want, I know I should do it: www.facebook.com/groups/penya.viena/852922204754957

Yes, maybe the article was just from a bad source and it was a rumour that never happened. I know it would be helpful to read the article and to know the source so that one could decide easier if it is reliable or not.

I am sorry for my answer last night. I am a bit stressed these days and I shouldn't have let out my negative feelings in this discussion with you.

Home of Barca Fans