Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Why would you replace him with has beens??

Thiago needs to watch Xavi everyday, in fact if I were Pep I would velcro them together so Thiago has no choice but to do what Xavi does.

Xavi is irreplaceable.

This.

If there is ever going to be a replacement for Xavi, there's no better place to dip into than our own cantera.

Would be interesting to see whether Thiago could develop into one of Xavi's mould.

D

dikton

I think scholes is more elder(old) than xavi, pirlo doesn't play in xavi position neither Xabi alonso. i think as replacment i see fabregas or toni kroos of Bayern munich.

Ataraxia

Fabregas easily. For those saying Pirlo and whatever , they're older lol. Plus they're getting worse while Xavi is still playing on a high level.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he is not like xavi though. xavi doesn't go forward much he is like a sponge, the ball goes to him and before you know it its somewhere else. i don't think there is another player like him out there.

Ataraxia

he is not like xavi though. xavi doesn't go forward much he is like a sponge, the ball goes to him and before you know it its somewhere else. i don't think there is another player like him out there.

These things can easily change. Sometimes even Cesc doesn't go forward but drops back to a role similar to Xavi's. The point is he should have the skills and characteristics and style of play that Xavi possesses, and then secondary things like how he is positioned or how much attacking he plays can easily be adjusted. I think Xavi himself at 22-23 was not playing the exact way he plays now.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28

Maybe not now, but as we have seen Fabregas is a sublime passer of the ball, he got 20 assists in the EPL when he was 21, and thats meant to be a league where you dont get room to breath, so just imagine what he can do with the space in La Liga, he would be marvelous. We MUST get him at all cost.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Actually I think La Liga is harder to pass the ball in. In the EPL if you have the talent you can get the ball away before the challenge comes, and if they are pressing alot there is space, a team with good passers can tear an EPL team apart if they are all playing well (Like us against Arsenal last year and Manchester United the year before that). However in La Liga there are men behind the ball marking the space so you don't have anywhere to pass into sometimes, you need to play a great pass to find any little space they have left.

Still that doesn't take away from Fabregas who is a great player.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
i would prefer Thiago to take over rather than Fabregas. Fabregas clearly doesnt long for barcelona like everyone believes, why would he sign a 5 year deal at Arsenal if he did? On top of that, hes tried replacing Xavi in the NT a few times and failed miserably.

Thiago will be a better player IMO anyway.

M

messi44

My god. I'm the only one who voted for Scholes. . .Fabregas would've been my second choice.

Home of Barca Fans