Who could replace Xavi?

Who would you like to see as a new Barca manager in case Xavi gets fired?

• De Zerbi

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Michel

• Flick

• Conte

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafa Marquez

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Scaloni? :lol:

Might as well hire Southgate after he wins the Euros.

Club Football is a different animal altogether.

Not my first choice but i mean if have to take someone 'new' i would take someone who coached a team to a trophy and argentinia had played really well under him :detective:

If Klopp makes a break, it will be difficult to get a top coach. Need to pick someone from the younger lads, my favourite guy would be Thiago Motta :thinking:

Nazario1985

De Zerbi is NOT made to manage a top club.

Under pressure he will be worse than Xavi.

It's a thing to manage a club where getting top 4-5 is considered a nice job, and to manage a top club where NOT winning a trophy is considered a shit show.

Nucky

I'd say first and most realistic option is Rafa Marquez, who is currently managin B team.. We barely got Xavi in 2021 and he worked for "small salary" compared to what other coaches are earning.. I wouldn't write off Mourinho either if he accepts low salary to manage Barcelona..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd wager Laporta will look at experienced/short term/result oriented options.
If next manager fails his head will roll too. Can't afford to pamper like Xavi was.

In any case better football is a must and I don't think it'll be that hard to surpass the level of shit we have been served (last season was masked when we scrambled so many vodoo results but also played poorly).

Nazario1985

I'd say first and most realistic option is Rafa Marquez, who is currently managin B team.. We barely got Xavi in 2021 and he worked for "small salary" compared to what other coaches are earning.. I wouldn't write off Mourinho either if he accepts low salary to manage Barcelona..

That would have been fine if Xavi was sacked Now.

You can't hire a manager in the summer to try and test things.

Hiring Rafa in June means you are committed to him for the next 2 years at least.

Asylum15

I just want us to abandon ''Barca DNA.''
I want us to get with the fucking times and find a coach who understands this.
We need to better balance verticiality with piss poor, slow, predictable and passive build up play.
We need to cover more ground as a team, we need to understand the importance of defending and defensive shapes.

Assuming we'll win 90% of games by having loads of possession and playing nonsense football in the opponents half thus assuming we are ''dominant'' is fucking dead and I hope with Xavi's departure, the club finally understands it. (Which probably won't happen so gg's)

Messigician

I just want us to abandon ''Barca DNA.''
I want us to get with the fucking times and find a coach who understands this.
We need to better balance verticiality with piss poor, slow, predictable and passive build up play.
We need to cover more ground as a team, we need to understand the importance of defending and defensive shapes.

Assuming we'll win 90% of games by having loads of possession and playing nonsense football in the opponents half thus assuming we are ''dominant'' is fucking dead and I hope with Xavi's departure, the club finally understands it. (Which probably won't happen so gg's)
Xavi doesn’t play that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans