Who are the favourites for the PL title?

Who are the favourites?!

• Arsenal FC

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Chel$ea FC

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Manche$ter Citeh

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Others/ I dunno

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
M

Mancs4life

Are you a closet Chelski fan on the side? You always seem very loved up about them and very eager to spring to their defence.
lol, A closet Chelsea supporter, ironic!
Nope, but they are not our neighbour rivals( Poo are) so I'd prefer them to tear Liverpool apart.

Ish Kabibble

It's a crapshoot, really, but I went with Chelsea. It appears Ancelloti is going to play Drogba (who is looking good and healthy in the preseason tournament over here) and Anelka together up front. They haven't lost any key players. They've added Zhirkov. I have a feeling they're really getting their act together this year. As it stands now, United has lost Ronaldo and Tevez and has yet to replace them with players of similar quality. There's still plenty of time in the transfer window though. And United still has a lot of great players and a legend of a manager, so they'll be right there as well.

Liverpool just doesn't seem quite as good or consistent as United to me, so I'd figure them for third with Arsenal fourth.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Manchester Citeh -> more attackers but still not world class and the other lines keep sucking,so better but not much
Chelsea -> same but dont see them getting same title race as before with great coaches+come on :ugly team
Manchester United -> got weaker
Arsenal -> will be better +arsjavin for whole season
Liverpool -> keeps quality till now.

Best guess:
1.Liverpool
2.Chelsea
3.Manchester United
4.Arsenal
5.Manchester city

M

Mancs4life

Chelski look and ever ageing side who I think will surprise many with a below par season. If they get a tough draw in the group stages of the CL I can see them making an early departure.
pardon me?!

I assume you were kidding there.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Man Utd will win again this season, though i'm hoping arsenal could do something about it.

BarcaCelt

Voted "Dunno" :lol: I really don't have a clue.

Man Utd have lost 2 really good players in Tevez and Ronaldo, can they bounce back? They've done it plenty times before (Beckham etc..) and with Fergie anythings possible. :lol:

Man City? Hmmm its an interesting one. They wont win it I don't think. They could finish 4th or 10th, it depends how Mark Hughes gets the team to gel. If he does they could be frightening to play against.

I'm not going to write anymore, as their is still roughly 4/5 weeks of the transfer window to go, and who knows what will happen during that time. After the window has closed everyone will have a clearer idea of what to expect.

TheMessiShow

It's gonna be a close race with the big 3. Liverpool would've been favorites if they had some money to spend and bought a quality backup for Torres but since they don't and still haven't gone for a striker I don't see them as big contenders but they are favorites. Manchester United got weaker with losing CR and Tevez so I think they might lose the PL this year. They're still favorites though. Chelsea did one great signing so far in Yury Zhirkov but they're still missing something IMO, they need some freshness in the team.

So in the end I see it as a close race from 'Pool, Chelski and Manure.

Personally I hope Liverpool wins it since I like them more. I used to like Manchester United but CR made them dislike the team for some reason plus I used to be an Arsenal fan back in the day. Chelsea I hate them so I wouldn't want them to win it. :D

Arsenal I don't see them in the race, seriously their system has gotten old and they need some serious changes. ( Thanks to this old system and it's functionality I really dislike Arsenal now, plus thanks to a few players. :D )

I couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the CR part, although I still do like Arsenal, but I don't see them threatening the other 3 teams. I wouldn't be surprised if someone took their spot in the top 4

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
pardon me?!

I assume you were kidding there.

Sorry to offend your love for the chelskum but no I'm not kidding. They are without Drogba for the group stage and last year they had an uncomfortable time when he was missing for a few games and that was only in a group containing Roma and Bordeaux. Imagine if they get Real Madrid and another tough side, it's far from inconceivable that they could end up third.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Chelsea. Ancelotti is one of my fav managers for some strange reason but I just think he'll win it for them. They have almost a good a team as Utd. I take Canto's point about the ACON but they will miss Essien, Drogba, Kalou and I think that's it. Lampard has been getting better after a slump 2 or 3 years ago and I expect a repeat of his 04/05 season where he was the best in England.

Guardian

I'm not going to give any predictions before the summer transfer window ends. There is one month to go and few signings could make a huge difference between the top clubs. If Xabi leaves Liverpool and Benitez fails to find his replacement and to sign another striker, then Liverpool can be written off. Chelsea need one or two more signings to be competitive in Europe, as for United they have cash to spend and I'm sure they'll sign one more big name. If Wenger spends smartly the money from Adebayor's transfer, then Arsenal also can be involved in the title chase. Man City need time and better management.

I think Villa won't have a good season. I'm pretty disappointed with M'ON transfer policy :sad:

Ish Kabibble

I think Villa won't have a good season. I'm pretty disappointed with M'ON transfer policy :sad:

I've always thought highly of him as a manager though. Hopefully he'll make a couple of good signings before the period ends. But aside from Real Madrid and Man City throwing money around, the whole transfer period has been rather slow (because of inflated prices).

Home of Barca Fans